Rattle Run Golf Club

Golf Simulator No
Pitching/Chipping Area No
Practice Hole No

Almost perfect

My biggest complaint is that the bunkers weren’t bunkers. They were dried hard dirt. No reason to rack after you land in one because they aren’t sand traps they are hard dirt traps. For how well the course is taken care of it is hard to believe the traps are in the conditions they are in. Only thing that I can honestly say I will remember which is sad because the course was really nice and the staff was wonderful.

Rattle Run

Loved the course and truly loved the fact the staff were not psycho paths who wear masks. I heard someone complain about masks not being used, great I’ll come back for that reason only. I am a doctor and work in research and can tell you there’s not one medical university in America that substantiates the use of a mask for Covid. Complete and utter farce. Thank you Rattle Run for being on the cutting edge of science and dissing the morons who don’t know any better. Back to golf sorry, wonderful layout which requires thought and easy to walk. Definitely would recommend.

Commented on 06/19/2021

Right On ! Concerning PPE and the China Virus.

Good course, but not following safety requirements

Loved the course, but the staff were not complying to our requiring the mandatory mask use. Worst part was the cook did not wear a mask and the pro shop person came over to help with no mask and did not wash hands before serving customers.
Very worried about safety of staff and customers. If the skip this, what else are they not following?

Turning around

Course has some challenging holes course condition is rising and the greens elevation to them

Buyer Beware

Most unprofessional rudest ownership I have ever come across
I booked a single round, they were pairing me with another player, but, forced us to share a cart. There were dozens of carts available but we had to share a cart. I had a mask but didn't want to wear one when other carts were available. He started yelling that he told Golfnow was not to issue single deals. He refused to accommodate me with a separate cart so I left. Even when the pandemic is over, I will never return to this venue.

Early Season

This course was in good shape for the early season. You can see that the ground crew is already working on this year’s improvements. The only thing missing was a beverage cart and out door restrooms but I’m sure those are missing due to Covid. Once things get back to normal this will be a really nice course like it usually is

Great courses, pace a bit slow

Overall, course is in great shape. Fairways are above average and greens are in great shape and fast. Pace of play on front was great. I feel like the design of the back 9 makes it play slower.

Excellent Day

The course is in FANTASTIC shape. The Greens and Tee Boxes were weed free. It is an absolute gem, perhaps the nicest course in St. Clair County. The staff Members were very friendly. This “new” ownership has brought back this course to its previous beauty of 20 plus years ago, when it was rated in the top 25 courses in Michigan. Do yourself a favor and go play a round there.

Amazing Course

My first time ever playing on this course and I have to say that it was a wonderful experience. The staff is super friendly and the got me out on the course right away. The course itself, awesome!! A fun and challenging mixture of elevations and hazards, there is a lot to enjoy. I can’t wait to go back soon!

Horrendous Customer Service

My husband and I went golfing at Rattle Run. As we went along we shagged some golf balls. Total we probably had 15-20 balls in our cart including the 6-8 ones we put in ourselves. We pulled in after our round and the pro shop attendant (Marty) comes out and tells us the balls belong to the course. He doesn't want to let us get our stuff from the cart...tees, keys, cell phones, along and wants to take the cart. We tell him that we are going to get our stuff. He then tells us "never to come back to his course again". Really he is willing to lose customers over 10 golf balls max? There are nice courses in the area that value their customers....go there.

As far as the course, there were some bare spots in the fairways but were in decent shape. The greens were in decent shape as well.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Rattle Run Golf Club. We sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rattle Run Golf Course.

Rained out after 9 holes

Great deal, but got rained out after 9 holes of play with no way of getting a voucher for the other 9 or possibly even credit on the golf now app.

Don’t bother

I was very disappointed with Rattle Run Golf Course. First of all, they had a deal today that was $25 for golf and a hot dog. I had an expired groupgolfer, cash value of $22. My golf should have been $3. Instead they said they would not honor the $22 cash value and said it could only be used against the $35 regular price so my cost would be $13. If the deal I am going there for is $25 (the other 6 guys were only paying $25), then my cost should be $3. Rattle Run has a contract with groupgolfer to honor the cash value if the original deal expires. They should have honored it. Also the guy running the desk was very rude.
In addition they allowed a fivesome to play in front of the whole course slowing everything down. We finally had to call the clubhouse just to get the to allow smaller groups to go through.
The course was in terrible condition. If you are thinking of playing there in the near future, DON’T. I will never buy another groupgolfer for that course or recommend it to anyone.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hello, Jperini2. Thank you for reviewing the course. We sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We welcome any further feedback as to why you gave 1 star and what we can do to improve. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Rattle Run Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful Course

Great course. Not easy as lots of water, bends and turns.. Feel like you are right back in no man's land. Picture perfect and can not wait for the garantueed fall show of colours..
Also one of the best club sandwiches I have ever had.

New to course

Course was in excellent condition and have tee positions for all different golf levels. Played in 3 1/2 hours on a goreous fall day. Will go back soon.

Saint Clair, Michigan
Marysville, Michigan
New Haven, Michigan
New Baltimore, Michigan
Goodells, Michigan
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Boyne's Highlands or Mountain resorts with the option to play 18 or 36 holes of golf of your choice between five Boyne golf courses.