Honey Run Golf Club

Year Built 1971
Architect Ed Ault (1971)

Commented on 09/23/2020

We appreciate your 4-star rating! Be sure to book your next tee time with us very soon.

Unique Layout

Unique and Challenging layout. Tee Box numbering was confusing for the average golfer. I’m sure many start from the wrong tees from which they should play from. Condition was average for a public course. However for $69 I would have expected better. Range was full of crab grass Greens were good. Fairways average, Mist of the traps we’re maintained. There were no Starters or Marshalls on the course. 5+ hour round. Way too long. Way too expensive. I took the wife and 2 sons . $269 we drove 1 hour to try it out. Good local course if you get a discounted rate.

Lawn mowers

The fairways work re, but if that wasn't on the fairway it was at least 6 to 8" high. Most players were spending extra time looking for a ball that didn't land on the fairway. The pace of play was horribly slow 5 hours for 18 holes is way too slow. It would have been nice if there was a ranger to keep people at a decent pace.

Us open rough

Friday before Labor Day weekend. Cart path only. Pace of play slow. Course conditions good. Rough is rough. Still 4 stars

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend round, despite the slower pace of play you experienced on this day. We hope you'll give us another shot soon.

Very Nice Greens

Very impressed with overall conditions of the course and especially the greens. They are in very nice shape an roll out very nice.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thank you for the excellent review! We're glad you enjoyed Honey Run's course conditions.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, AntG8! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Honey Run Golf Club!

Great shape

The course was in great shape, even with all the play they get. The greens were in the best shape I’ve seen from all the local tracks in the area. The staff was very friendly.
Great day on the course

Commented on 09/02/2020

Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review. We agree--the course is looking great! We're glad you enjoyed the greens so much. We hope to have you back again soon at Honey Run Golf Club!

Sweet Honey Run

For the most part the course was in good shape considering we’ve had a very hot summer with periods of heavy rain. The rough was higher than usual, and was tough for the average golfer. Greens were running true; I wish golfers would fix their ball marks. The new 5 position tee box system is a good change,

Commented on 10/01/2020

We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Your feedback is important to us, lmurphy18. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Honey Run Golf Club.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Honey Run Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Your feedback is important to us, RobinNess. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Honey Run Golf Club.

Great course!

I played this course many years ago, and remembered it being nice. To my surprise it was much better than I remembered. I played with my son on a Friday at 2pm. The price was $23 with hotdeal. This course is nicer than many of the high price course I've played. The greens are large and in "perfect" condition, the greens keeper deserves a raise! It's a very fair course for any level of golfer, wide fairways, but still challenging . It play just over 6400 from the whites, with plenty of ups and downs. The traps were wet, but it had rain heavily the night before. I live 1 hour 20 minutes away , but will be playing here more often. Thanks to the entire staff!!

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're glad you made it back to Honey Run Golf Club and we look forward to seeing you and your son at the course more often this season!

Great condition

Greens are in awesome shape,new tee boxes are a major plus. Considering how dry it is course is in Great shape, fairways are nice greens are especially good. Only thing is i wish the sand traps were in better shape. They have always been the downside of this course other then that its a great round of golf

Commented on 07/28/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Honey Run Golf Club!

Commented on 07/28/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Predicte! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Honey Run

Greens ran very true, and for the time of year and the weather, compared to other courses in the area, conditions were excellent

Commented on 07/21/2020

Thank you for the excellent review! We're glad you enjoyed Honey Run Golf Club's excellent course conditions.

Hot Deals!!!

Pulled the trigger on a $14 Hot Deal at 1:52pm and drove up about 40 minutes from my house, played here about 20 years ago I think?? Got out early, bonus, but on hole 2, I’m assuming members rolled passed us and starting playing 3, I think they were just getting in another 9, they should have stayed home as they scrubbed every shot and slowed our twosome down. But whatever, course was in great shape, greens were true and rolled nicely. I’ll be back, and I’ll move back a set of tee’s...played kinda short but not knowing the course, it was a good call.

Commented on 07/21/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We're happy you found the course worth the drive out. We apologize for the delay due to the group in front of you, and we hope you'll give us another shot soon.

Beautiful conditions

Greens were the best we have played on all year. Super weather. New teeing grounds are very nice. The only thing lacking today were good scores.

Commented on 07/21/2020

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad you enjoyed the greens. Be sure to test out your skills with us again soon!

Bang for the Buck

The course is in great shape and the greens are nicely maintained. The greens roll smooth and are on the quicker side. Good course for all skill levels.

Commented on 07/21/2020

We're glad you'd recommend Honey Run to golfers of all skill levels! And we agree--the course is looking great! Be sure to book your next tee time with us soon.

Great value

1:12 tee time and only a twosome ahead meant a less than 3 hour round. Course offers some really good holes. Greens were excellent, rest of the course so-so. Not a manicured course, but very playable and a great value for the money. Would play again with no hesitation,

Commented on 07/10/2020

We're glad you found value in the Honey Run Golf Club experience! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Spring Grove, Pennsylvania