The Club at Brookstone

Year Built 1997
Architect Tom Jackson (1997) Troy Vincent

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "TGM Golf Academy"

Snacks, Grill

Tennis

Commented on 01/30/2023

We do apologize about the wait times this weekend, it's an issue we've since resolved and you should not experience again. We hope to see you out on the course soon!

Doubly Booked Tee Times and Unfair Practices

The day my son and I played the course had double booked tee times on the first tee thru the GOLFNOW app and their pro shop. So, almost every tee time had two groups assigned. This lead to a one hour delay in start time and a 6 hour round of golf. Beware when you book.

Also, my sons friend was to play with us that day. He came down with COVID and was unable to play. I found out an hour prior to what was supposed to be my tee time. When I arrived at the course, I told the young man in the clubhouse we only had two because the third was sick and unable to make it. He said ‘OK, No problem’. I assumed at that point it was no big deal. Especially when I discovered the double booking issue. Today, I got a bill from the golf course thru GOLFNOW for the missing player. I’ve booked well over 100 rounds thru the app and maybe 5 times had been a player short and NEVER had this been an issue until Brookstone. When appealing this charge, the club wouldn’t budge.

Lesson learned by me. I’ll spend my golfing dollars elsewhere going forward. Good luck to all who book here. Pack a lunch, dinner and sleeping bag for the pace of play and by all means show up with everyone whether healthy or sick.

Commented on 01/30/2023

We do apologize immensely for this, the double booked times was due to a software error which we've since corrected. As for the sick player, Golfnow did not tell us there was a dispute with the payment and they automatically charge everyone for what was booked. If you email clubatbrookstone@gmail.com, I'll be happy to issue you 3 free rounds of golf so you can play Brookstone the proper way, when a software glitch doesn't cause mayhem with the tee sheet.

We hope to see you again!

- Tyler

Finn scooters

Finn scooters are a must. Absolutely fun time playing golf. Even the bad shots didn't seem to matter as much. They need to maybe buy more of them and more carts also. About a 20 minute delay waiting on carts. It was a nice day after some pretty terrible weather so understanding that the course was packed.

The course was over booked

Course layout and conditions for this course is amazing. The issue the day I played the course was over booked. I arrived at 3 pm they had no carts or scooters available. So they did offer complimentary range balls. I waited nearly an hour to get a cart along with many others. So when I finally was able to start my round ended up having to wait on every hole. Mind you I payed for 18 holes and was only able to finish 9 holes due to too many people on the course. No reimbursement was offered. Will not be returning anytime soon.

Commented on 01/04/2023

Hey Brandon,

We're sorry to hear this. We will have someone reach out to you to get you that rain check, we didn't know you didn't complete your round. Of note, we did see that your tee time was for 3:36. That gave you under 2 hours to darkness, which would be a blazing fast round of 18 even if it wasn't one of the most busy weeks of the year (the week between Christmas and New Years is always crazy). We'll reach out and get you that voucher, and we hope to see you again soon! We recommend giving yourself 3.5-4 hours to sunset to complete your round.

Thank you!

Great track!

Great track! Interesting, challenging layout with lots of elevation changes and fast greens. Highly recommend. Staff was friendly and helpful. Can't wait to play again in a little better weather.

Commented on 01/04/2023

Thank you for the kind words, we hope to see you again soon!

Still in decent shape.

Either keep the ball in play or bring a lot of golf balls. The rough is ridiculous and with the leaves in the ground as well, it’s near impossible to find a ball. Greens are rolling well but getting faster as it’s getting colder. The course is night and day better than it was two years ago. It’s a tough test but fun.

An Awesome and Unique Course

They've done an amazing job turning this course into a true gem. It's fun, this time of year it's gorgeous, and the course plays very nicely right now. Definitely worth a round!

Great Value!!

We took advantage of their twilight deal and it was amazing!! It was great value and we had a blast. You should definitely play this course if you're in the Greenville or Anderson area

Something strange going on here

We had a 10:24 tee time. Didn’t get to start until 11:00 the big delay was they didn’t have any golf carts. Never had this happen here before. I don’t know why they were short on carts, but they didn’t offer any information. Even after having the huge delay in start time, by the third hole we were backed up all day long and it took 5 hours to complete the round. There is no marshal to help keep pace, only a warning on the screen in the cart. This is abnormal for this course as I have been here many times and will be back, but I hope they get their cart situation figured out.

Commented on 10/18/2022

We're so sorry to hear this! Unfortunately we just had some golf carts stolen and by the time it happened, it was too late to reduce the number of tee times we had booked so we had to do the best we could. Going forward we will be blocking off tee times as required so we get a smooth and consistent flow onto the golf course. We hope you'll visit us again soon and consider a new review for us when you do. Thank you!

Needs a little more maintenance.

Greens are good and fairways are good.. However the margins are pretty sketchy with a lot o tall weeds encroaching the rough. They obviously scrimped on the preemergent as there is a lot of crap grass in the playing areas. The layout is interesting in that it’s not just straight golf holes. Pro shop is pretty bare and no snack bar.

Commented on 10/18/2022

For whatever reason this year the crab grass breakthrough was intense and it didn't happen until very late in the season. We did a full pre-emergent application, the same as in years past, but mother nature threw us a curveball. We've since treated the crab grass and removed it from the vast majority of the course. We hope you'll come back and play soon!

4.1819705882
Easley, South Carolina
Piedmont, South Carolina
Pickens, South Carolina
Greenville, South Carolina
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.