Type Public/Municipal
Style Parkland

Year Built 1933
Architect David Johnson (2003)

Back again...

Haven't had a chance to get back out here since this summer where I was only able to complete 11 holes due to a thunderstorm. Course is still in good condition-greens are really nice. Need some leaf blowers on some holes but that will clear out as winter moves in. Front 9 is a very easy walk, but back 9 is a little more spread out. Nothing terrible though. There are some drainage trouble spots so wouldn't play here right after a rain. Not very crowded for a Friday afternoon so I was able to walk 18 in 3 hours. Paid $9 to walk the whole course. Really pleasant spot.

A Pleasant Surprise

Wasn't really sure what to expect heading down here from Fort Mill. Other reviews I could find were extremely mixed. I was really happy with what I found keeping the price in mind. My round was book-ended by rain so I only got in 11 holes, and I was the only one teeing off there on a Saturday afternoon. There were some groups way in front of me, but I never saw them.

Guy working the pro shop was extremely friendly and pleasant. They had some snacks and drinks and balls for sale, but that was about it.

I walked 11 in about 2 hours and that was including a few mulligans here and there. Tee boxes were in good shape, and greens were shockingly good. I guess there's not a ton of play here so I didn't really see the rampant ball mark damage like I have on other greens on more popular courses. Fairways were the roughest part but even then, they were fine for what I paid. They just needed to be cut down a little. Didn't really see any bald spots anywhere. I'd like to go back and try to walk the whole 18. FIrst 9 was a pretty pleasant walk with a few smaller hills here and there but nothing unmanageable and good green to tee routings. It's definitely not pristine, but it's not the goat track I was semi-expecting to find.

Lancaster, South Carolina