The Legacy in Springfield, Tennessee, USA | GolfPass

The Legacy Golf Course is one of Robertson County's must-play courses. Opened in 1996, it is not as old as some other courses in the area but the designer, Raymond Floyd, took advantage of the existing mature woodlands spread throughout the lush, rolling hills. At 6,755 yards, the course is seemingly short but it is narrow, and be prepared to face troublesome hazards almost everywhere. It is notorious for making balls from even the most slightly errant shots disappear. It is a tough but fair challenge. The golf course starts with a tricky par 5 with a bunker on the right followed by a par 4 that requires a 200-yard carry or you'll surely be faced with trouble. The back nine at Legacy G.C. is slightly less difficult but there are still plenty of hazards as well as several blind shots.

The Legacy Golf Course

Year Built 1996
Architect Raymond Floyd (1996)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Very Nice Course at a Reasonable Price

My son and I played The Legacy on August 8 and were very happy with the course, which was in very good condition. If I were to make one suggestion it would be to allow the greens to firm up a little. It was hot that day, and they had been watered just before we played, so they were pretty soft.

The staff in the pro shop and snack bar were excellent as well.

Commented on 08/11/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/09/2022

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Legacy!

Enjoyable round of golf

Great layout. Course was in very good shape. Greens are quick but true. Only complaint is that the staff should hand out divot repair tools and teach people how to use them. I probably fixed 100 ball marks that other people just walked away from.

Commented on 08/10/2022

Thank you for visiting us at The Legacy. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/01/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Legacy!

Commented on 08/01/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Legacy!

Nice layout and challenging. However, greens were slow and had a lot of non-repaired ball marks

Commented on 08/03/2022

Beautiful and Well Maintained

Tee boxes, fairways ,and greens were all in terrific condition. Not terribly difficult layout, but greens had great undulations making speed and reads extremely important. Would definitely play here again given the opportunity.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Thanks so much for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Commented on 07/19/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Legacy!

Loved it!

Definitely a place we will be back. The staff was great, played 18 holes in 3-1/2 hours, and we loved it!!! Just bring your range finder because I didn’t see any yardages on sprinkler heads.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Legacy.

Commented on 07/21/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at The Legacy!

Course conditions

A+ for greens condition, most fairways in good condition with the exception of one or two. The Legacy is a quality golf course.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Top public course in the state!

Great place to play. Challenging layout but great course! Greens where great!

Commented on 07/11/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing The Legacy!

Commented on 07/11/2022

Hot Round

Teed off at 1pm on 7/4/22 and it was already warm. The course was in great shape even though we can’t get any rain in this part of the world. We had no pace issues. My only complaint, is that the cart girl who I saw twice on the front nine never came back around the entire back nine. Maybe she’d left already but it was 104° heat index and there are no water stations. Next time I’ll bring a bigger water bottle !

Commented on 07/19/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at The Legacy!

Beautiful course, great value!

The Legacy is the best value in the area. Fairways and greens are perfect even though it has been dry in middle TN lately. Great driving range and the price is in line. We enjoyed our round and I would definitely recommend the course to anyone looking for a fun and challenging round of golf.

Commented on 07/15/2022

Rain Rain Come This Way!

First let me say I love this course. It’s playable, but challenging, and is usually my favorite course in the area to play. I have not played here in quite some time because rates have increased as has the amount of play they get, so for cost and time purposes I haven’t been here in quite some time.

We have had a very dry June and it really showed here. The course was browned out in the fairways and tee boxes. On some tee boxes it was very difficult to get a tee in the ground. The fairways were hard as a rock and it became tiresome hitting off thin, bare lies. Again, it’s been very very dry, but it did not seem as though any water had been put on fairways or tees.

The greens were in very good shape; and rolled very true and were not at all burned out. Very encouraging that they haven’t lost the greens and made us think that if we can get some rain the course will be back in shape shortly.

Right now I wouldn’t be in a hurry to pay the course, BUT after we get some rain and the course greens back up this is one of the best courses in Middle Tennessee.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at The Legacy.

This place is my nemesis (in a good way)

I can just never seem to play well here and it's not the courses fault. The pin placement is always very tough but I'm not going to knock the course for that. I had like 5 pars and 7 triples so it was just one erratic day. I will be back and hopefully keep my ball in play but I do enjoy the toughness of this track.

Commented on 06/30/2022

Thank you for visiting us at The Legacy. We appreciate your 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Commented on 06/30/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Commented on 06/23/2022

Hendersonville, Tennessee
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Portland, Tennessee
Old Hickory, Tennessee
FLORENCE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Shoals Golf Club - Schoolmaster & Fighting Joe Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Value Golfer experience.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Ross Bridge Golf Club and Oxmoor Valley Golf Club - Ridge & Valley Courses.