The Legacy Golf Course is one of Robertson County's must-play courses. Opened in 1996, it is not as old as some other courses in the area but the designer, Raymond Floyd, took advantage of the existing mature woodlands spread throughout the lush, rolling hills. At 6,755 yards, the course is seemingly short but it is narrow, and be prepared to face troublesome hazards almost everywhere. It is notorious for making balls from even the most slightly errant shots disappear. It is a tough but fair challenge. The golf course starts with a tricky par 5 with a bunker on the right followed by a par 4 that requires a 200-yard carry or you'll surely be faced with trouble. The back nine at Legacy G.C. is slightly less difficult but there are still plenty of hazards as well as several blind shots.

The Legacy Golf Course

Year Built 1996
Architect Raymond Floyd (1996)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Anonymous

Golfing in November!!

Golfed with. my brother-in-law from Indianapolis area. It was perfect! This was my second time playing The Legacy. His first. As expected, the fairways and rough were brown, after all, it is November. But the tee boxes and greens were in great shape. The natural beauty, and the course challenge were still there. It was a great day all around.

Fall Golf

Leaves are falling, trees getting bare and the zoysia fairways have assumed their post summer hay color. However, how can you beat a cloudless blue sky day with other affable golfers that share their knowledge of the course, particularly, when you’re the newbie seeing the course for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed the course, the hills, towering knolls, elevated greens with some nasty slopes, twists and turns, even the beach. Will definitely play this course when in Nashville which occurs many times a year. It’s a golfer’s golf course.

Commented on 10/31/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing The Legacy!

A Quality course

This course is one of the top courses in middle TN even the whole state. Consistently well maintained and courteous staff. This course is very chllenging for me ,but that is a reason i return to play it. Greens are usually firm undulating, and quick down grain. A good test for anyone. Pick a forward tee if its your first tound there. You'll have a fun time.

Commented on 10/25/2022

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Do not trust reviews

I always check reviews before playing a course. Three different reviews from last week raved about the perfect and smooth greens. That is just a flat out LIE. I played on Monday, Oct 17. While the course is in very good shape for this time of year, the greens are far from perfect and smooth! They were aerated about three weeks ago and are still bumpy and scarred. That tells me they were worse 7 days ago. The reviewers (u31463477438, kdm617, u328279870) must work for or be friends of the course because they are just lying about the greens. Honest reviews only. Please.

Commented on 10/26/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing The Legacy. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/18/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at The Legacy!

Commented on 10/18/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Legacy!

Commented on 10/12/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Legacy!

Love it

Beautiful layout and even with no rain the fairways were flush. Greens were smooth and rolled quick.

Commented on 10/18/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing The Legacy. We hope to see you again soon!

Really fantastic course.

I had been encouraged by many random players over the last year and a half to check this course out. So glad I made the trek out to Springfield. What a pleasure it was!

Great layout which caused you to be thoughtful and decisive on just about every shot. Short game needs to be dialed in to shoot low but even if you are a higher handicap this course will be a lot of fun. Greens rolled very true and but still held tight with approach shots.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing the course and will be back soon.

Commented on 10/18/2022

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at The Legacy. Please visit us again soon!

Great start to a Nashville trip

I remember watching Raymond Floyd back when I loved watching Nicklaus and other legends. It was an honor to play on a course he designed. We will make it a regular visit when we go to Nashville.

Commented on 10/25/2022

The Legacy-Great Gold Course

I booked my tee time through golfnow and no extra charges. Friendly people at the course and the greens and fairways in great shape. Highly Recommended

Commented on 10/05/2022

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Terrible Experience

I had a great time playing this course, but will never return. The people in front of us aggressively got my in groups face due to a shot that fell *near* them. We apologized profusely as any golfer should, no one was hit by a ball and no one was hurt, and they proceeded to let us know they would make sure I wouldn’t play here again due to playing into them, even though they were already off the green, and after I waited 25 minutes for them to finish the hole and another 20 minutes for them to stop trying to pick a fight and actually leave and keep playing. What a joke. I don’t appreciate some 5 foot 45 year old getting in my face over absolutely nothing because he’s got an ego about living in a golf community.

Commented on 10/26/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience. Your feedback helps us do better. Thank you for visiting The Legacy. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Good Test of Golf

Played this course as part of our annual outing with 5 friends. Course was challenging, great layout, greens were receptive and challenging. Tee boxes need work, needed a hammer a few times to get a tee in the ground but other than that it was a great time and good test of golf.

Commented on 10/04/2022

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/04/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Nice Track

Solid all the way around except for the guy in the pro shop.

Commented on 10/26/2022

Thank you for visiting us at The Legacy. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fantastic track!

Course was in amazing shape and is always an amazing day for the price. Grounds team is doing a great job maintaining this gorgeous piece of land. So much so that I’m looking to buy a house nearby

Commented on 10/04/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

September 2022

Great layout
Played on Monday in 4 hours
They need to put drinking water on the course. No cart girl on Monday. Almost didn’t make it to 18.

Commented on 09/22/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your feedback to our team at The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun Round

The course was in great shape as usual. There were some tough pin placements. Is this the U.S. Open ? Lol. My only complaint was the mosquitoes were literally chasing us away from holes 15-17. I think some kind of device to circulate the water in the ponds is needed. The 3 strangers I was grouped with were a pleasure to play with. Great course, great group, great round. I’ll definitely be back

Commented on 09/23/2022

Thank you for your review, and for the 4 stars! We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/19/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Legacy!

Greenbrier, Tennessee
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Portland, Tennessee
Old Hickory, Tennessee
FLORENCE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Shoals Golf Club - Schoolmaster & Fighting Joe Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Value Golfer experience.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Ross Bridge Golf Club and Oxmoor Valley Golf Club - Ridge & Valley Courses.