Style Desert
Wickenburg Country Club

Year Built 1949
Greens TiffDwarf Grass
Architect William F. Bell (1949) William P. Bell (1949) Jack Snyder (1963)

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim ok.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u4526188! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Wickenburg Country Club!

Great once again

As I have said before, I going up to Wickenburg for a different golf experience. It doesn't have the wide open fairways like many Valley courses. Some blind tee shots, and narrower fairways make Wickenburg CC a challenge. It is not long, however, so the average golfer has a good chance to score well if you keep it straight. Can't beat the views!

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hi Scotty1952, thank you for the five star review. It is great to hear you have enjoyed the views at the course during your round. We appreciate you regularly visiting the course. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Commented on 01/12/2021

Thank you, Scott!
We are very thankful that you continue to frequent our golf course and we very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Commented on 01/11/2021

Hi wbabb, thank you for the 4-star rating. It's great to see you enjoyed your visit at the course. Please visit us again soon.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Thank you, wbabb, for taking the time to leave a rating on our course after playing with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Neat Course

This was my first true desert course. I loved the views and the uniqueness of the course vs anything I play back home in the midwest. Someone said in a review it was forgiving but I didn't find that to be the case. I'm a very amateur golfer and found the course fairly challenging but still fun and a beautiful day. It's January so there's some maintenance that needs done but we went on a Hot Deal so all things considered I was pleased with the price. I would golf there again, even though it was an hour drive from where we stayed.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Thank you, Clint, for choosing to play at Wickenburg Country Club. We appreciate that you took the time to leave a rating and review. I do not know which review said the course was forgiving, but they must play on an extremely tight golf course. Unforgiving and penalizing are words more commonly used to describe our course. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Fivesomes allowed

Fivesome ahead of us that didn’t play ready golf made for a very long day.

Commented on 01/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and a rating. Also, thank you for recommending our course despite the pace of play not meeting your expectations. For clarification, we have a regular men's group that plays 4 days per week and we do allow them to play in fivesomes. It is very rare that they play a round of golf taking more than 4 hours. If a group is playing as anything less than a foursome, it could be perceived that it is taking forever. Our suggested pace of play for 18 holes is 4 hours 15 minutes and occasionally there are hiccups that cause problems but that is not the norm. I know for a fact that our men's groups that played on 1/6/2021 finished their rounds under the 4 hour 15 minute window. If you are looking for a faster round next time, I would recommend a tee time before 10 am. It will not be a HotDeal time, but you will most likely be able to play without hindrance.

Great track

Nice track that rewards accuracy. A short course but playing blues requires excellent shot making definately a great course for the costs.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Thank you, tomcore, for taking the time to join us for a round of golf and for leaving a rating/review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it and hope to see you again in the near future!

Good, but.

It was ok for the price over the holiday week and nothing was even available in Phoenix.

The course had no regard for Covid-19, everyone tossed their masks on last second.

I would like to play it again during warmer weather, without the COVID factor.

All of that said it was better than a friends rating before we went...

Commented on 01/05/2021

Hi u000004596772, thanks for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your round during the holidays. Please visit us again soon.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Thank you for joining us and thank you for the review. Looks like we need to revisit the Covid protocols with the staff and we will take care of that concern. We look forward to seeing you again when the Covid factor is more minimized.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating, goinlow67. We are sorry that our course did not meet your expectations. It is not typical for people to leave poor ratings regarding conditions and pace. We are not perfect by any means but overall course conditions this time of year tend to exceed expectations. Amenities are an issue for us and we are trying to improve in that area.
We would love to get more feedback from you than just a rating. Please email me at proshop.wickenburggolf@gmail.com in more detail. It is hard to improve on something when you aren't sure what to improve on.

Thanks again,
Jeff Harnasch
Assistant GM

Commented on 12/28/2020

Hello, goinlow67. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Wickenburg Country Club.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Hi 4given1, thank you for the 4-star review. It's great to see you enjoyed your round at the course. We hope you will visit the course again soon.

Warmer Course

desert course with lots of sand and several levels in many greens

Commented on 12/24/2020

Thank you for joining us for a round of golf and for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope to see you again soon and hope you have a great holiday season and a happy New Year!

A pleasure

I always enjoy the trip up to Wickenburg C.C.
Friendly Staff, great views, great course. W.C.C. has a small town feel that I like. Maybe it's because I'm from Montana, but I like the fact that if your not in the fairway, (or rough), you are in the desert. It's best to use their map if you haven't played before. There are some "blind" tee shots and it helps to know how much you may be able to "cut a corner", saving a lot of yardage.

Commented on 12/23/2020

Thank you Scotty1952! We appreciate the generous rating and hope customers find the review helpful. The yardage guides are a must for any first and even second time player. We hope you have a happy holiday season and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 12/23/2020

Thank you for playing at Wickenburg Country Club and thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating! We hope to see you again soon!

‘This the season

I teed off solo in the 1:04 p.m. slot on a stellar late autumn afternoon (65F). Ended up playing with a local, Tom, Gary from Show Low, & Steve from Haines, Alaska (I spent 30 years in Fairbanks, Alaska). As with most recreational rounds the grouping is just as impactful to your on-course experience as course conditions. Couldn’t have asked for better in both cases. Diane is my favorite clubhouse staffer!

Commented on 12/17/2020

Thank you for choosing to play at Wickenburg Country Club again! We appreciate the kind review as well. We are pleased that you enjoyed your round of golf and I will surely pass on the kind compliments to Diane. See you again soon!

I usually shot in the low 80's - breaking 80 1/5 rounds or so. The course played 6320 from the blues/back tees - for myself this is a short course from the back. It was recommended from the staff and some patrons to play from the white tees the first time anyone plays this course because of the difficulty. Bring plenty of balls playing from the back was suggested by many at the course. This was true - you can't see very many landing areas from the blue. You either guess at an aiming point or take the time to drive up to see for yourself on every hole. I was a really fun course to play - plan on it taking 4 - 4 1/2 hours to play on the weekend.

Commented on 12/14/2020

Thank you for taking the time to play at WCC and for the rating and review. I guess you can't say that you weren't warned! I will be sure to remind the staff to offer our complimentary yardage guides, especially to first time players. We try to keep our rounds closer to 4 hours or less but on rare occasions it goes a little longer than that. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays!

Commented on 12/14/2020

Thank you Tony, we appreciate that you took the time to play at our facility and took the time to leave a rating. We hope to see you again in the near future. Happy Holidays!!

Commented on 12/14/2020

Hi Tony8746447, thank you for the 4-star rating. We are happy to see you enjoyed your visit to the course. Please visit the course again soon.

Commented on 12/14/2020

Hello, Dcc306. Thank you for visiting us at Wickenburg Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Resort/Semi-Private
Wickenburg, Arizona
Peoria, Arizona

Two round of golf and a night of lodging in one of our 4-bedroom Stay & Play luxury townhomes, including access to fine dining for dinner at Champs and Rockers.