Style Desert/Traditional

Located in the desert just north of Phoenix and Scottsdale, the golf course at Quintero Golf Club is a challenge but with up to as many as nine tees per hole, it can accommodate golfers of all different abilities and handicaps. The rolling, desert terrain of the course features dramatic elevation changes for interesting play. The golf course's design has wide fairways and plenty of water hazards and sand bunkers. The most difficult hole is the par-5 8th hole, which plays uphill with three large bunkers alongside the right side of the lay-up area. Another difficult but noteworthy hole is Quintero Golf Club's third, which has a scenic lake to the left that sometimes tricks golfers into playing close to it with their tee shot for an easier second shot to the green.

Quintero Golf Club

Architect Rees Jones (2000) Steve Weisser (2000)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Collared shirt and bermuda shorts required. No denim.

Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Amazing Food 31
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 120

Amazing layout. Great Views

We were fortunate to get a great rate the day before we played. Keep an eye out for discounts. With 20% promo code we basically got two for one. My son is 16. A youth rate before 2:00 would bring me back more often. Full price would’ve sent us elsewhere today.

Tremendous Golf Course

Wow! So glad we made the hour drive north from Scottsdale to play Quintero. Beautiful course in wonderful condition cut into the mountains. Greens did not look good optically (yellow brown tint) but rolled true and fast. Tee areas, fairways and rough were lush and popping green. Best collection of par 3 holes of any course that I have played. All with dramatic elevation changes, but subtly different in design so as not to get old. Elevated greens put a premium on chipping/sand shots for missed approach shots. Will definitely be back to play Quintero again!

GR8 Golf Course!

Stunning desert course with great views in the outstanding conditions. Staff was attentive, range is top notch. Pace was, at times a bit slow, but overall good. Rangers were nice and professional

Beautiful course/design

My family of 4 played during the Xmas holiday week - what a gorgeous course! Loved the layout - generous fairways on most holes, thus not too penal for a mild-moderately off line tee shot. Greens were fast! Ample sand, not too shallow. The par 3 elevation changes were a lot of fun, and challenging for a first time player. Generous practice facility. Expensive, but worth your money.

One of the best!

Beautiful golf course. Very challenging but doable. Practice facilities are awesome. Beer is too expensive come on guys you’re already getting enough money from us to play here. As of January 6, 2021 it wasn’t in the best condition but it is still very nice. greens roll really fast and had a weird greenish brown color.

Inconsistent Policies

Let's first talk about the course - it's definitely amazing and one of my favorite courses to play in the Phoenix area. The scenery is excellent, the layout fun and the conditions solid. It's not uncommon to be stuck behind people who aren't skilled enough for this course so pace can be slow. I feel weird giving this course less than 5 stars but today's experience really left a bad taste in my mouth and makes it hard to come back and support it in spite of how much I love the course.

I know everyone approaches Covid with different levels of seriousness. My health is in a place where I can't afford to not take it seriously, but I respect how businesses want to handle Covid policies provided that the standards are clear. I have chosen which golf courses to play based on their approach to singles in golf carts specifically.

On the website they say to call ahead to determine if a single rider cart is available. I called a few hours before my round and was told I would "probably" have a single cart. I went to the course about an hour early so I could make sure - since I have Golfpass I have the option to cancel up to an hour before. The bag drop workers told me I could ride solo no problem and load my bag. Awesome.

Fast forward to 10 minutes before tee off and I'm at the driving range...and a worker drops off another single into my cart. My new playing partner tells me the worker was very apologetic about having to pair us since there seemed to be enough carts but "according to management, the policy changed yesterday." I spoke to the starter about it and he called in to check but I was told they had too many golfers on the course to accommodate a single rider. I'm past the point where I can cancel and get refunded so I mask up and play.

During the round I notice a single playing behind us in their own cart. Not only that, but inexplicably there was a threesome playing behind him... So not enough carts for me but enough for 2 single riders who teed off AFTER me?

Again, I respect how business want to handle their Covid policies but it's hard to work around them if they either change on the fly or aren't enforced consistently. I can't give this course 1 star because the course itself is great but Covid or not, this was the worst customer service I've had on an upper tier golf course. Even before the cart issue, interaction with staff was pretty gruff and not particularly welcoming.

Amazing Golf Course!

This track is truly one of the best in all of Arizona. The conditions are always excellent! The greens were lightning fast which made for a fun round. Staff was helpful and gave us extra tips on how to play the course as best we could. I highly recommend going to check this place out!!

A gem in the middle of nowhere!

A must play course! Everything about Quintero is exceptional, starting with Mike in the pro shop,Cade the starter and the course itself. The greens were not in the best conditions due to players not fixing their ball marks. Other than that the course is in perfect condition. Very scenic, a very nice layout and every hole challenging. A real treat that is worth the time and the drive.

Got to play it!

Played for the first time with my wife.it was a beautiful track. Course is located in the middle of nowhere so it was a peaceful experience. Par 3s are very challenging because of elevation changes. Par 4s and 5's are very fair and greens are receptive. I would say troon north is more intimidating. Plenty of tee box options as well.

Never felt so unwelcome after spending so much

Don’t waste your money here, they don’t deserve it. There’s plenty of other great Troon properties that work hard at making paying customers feel special and have enjoyable experiences- try those. I showed up as a single joining a two-some booked through the app. Knowing we were 3 I brought my non golfing wife along to enjoy the views. Even though WE WERE A 3 BALL the course enforced the rider cart fee of $45 on top of a $210 round! Like I get it if I’m taking an extra cart or something but again, we were 3 players so still 2 carts out. Alright so no big deal I think and pay the fee. After the round (around 4:30 pm) I decide to jump over to the chipping green to work for 10 minutes since I chipped poorly during the round. There’s plenty of other carts still out so I figure I’m not holding anyone up at the cart barn or bothering anyone since I’m using my own balls but the “assistant pro” comes out to tell me I’m not allowed to chip after the round without paying for a $25 range pass. So after I’ve already paid $215 in greens fees, $45 for the “rider” and over $100 for food and beers during the round, apparently they still didn’t have enough of my money. I get that my round was over but where has customer service gone? I went into the pro shop to ask if it was really necessary for him to treat paying customers that way and the same jerk employee asked if I wanted to “take it outside the pro shop” but I told him I wasn’t looking for a physical confrontation and just went home. I won’t be coming back to Quintero and recommend you don’t either.

Commented on 12/28/2020

I also had a bad experience with customer service, also related to golf carts. I was playing as a single and with my health issues I have to take Covid more seriously. The website says to call ahead to check for single rider availability and was told I would probably be fine. I arrived early to be extra sure and was given my own cart no problem. Minutes before tee off they drop off another single into my cart and tell me they have too many people on course - also that "management changed the policy yesterday". But behind us was a single and behind him was a threesome in 2 carts.

Your post confirmed my impression that management is really shady. The regular employees are okay but not particularly friendly either.

If you are in the PHX area, Quintero is a must play

Top 5 Course!!!

Words cant really describe how great this course is. You have to golf it to really take in the amazing holes, views, and staff. The greens are really fast, but true. If you are expecting an easy round, don't go. This course can take you to your knees, but I will take that challenge! We easily payed for a re-play after our first 18 and finished up on the 16th Par three in pitch dark. LOL!

Great experience

It was as challenging as everyone said it would be, but what a great experience playing the course. I will definitely play Quintero again

Don’t know where to start. The course is beautiful. I golfed the Boulders and Troon North the week before. Quintero is top notch. The staff were great. I needed a putter to use for the round. No problem. I really like the German guy in the pro shop. The course has a great layout. Tough but fair if you play smart. Every hole was different. If you get a chance to golf this go for it you will not be disappointed. In my top three courses in Phoenix.

Great Layout!

This course has a great layout with amazing views! Fairways are decently wide, make sure you stay in them though or you will he paying the price. I played the combos gold and tips and didn’t find it too difficult in terms of length. All the par 3’s are pretty long but all but 1 are from super elevated tee boxes. I played as a single on a Monday morning 8am tee time and only passed 1 group in front of me. Only complaint is that some parts of the fringes on almost every green has bare dirt/browning on them. Didn’t bother me too much, would still highly recommend and will be back to play when in the Phoenix area!

Worth every penny, but maybe not right after overseeding

The views alone, especially from all four par 3s, are worth the price of admission alone. Every single staff member couldn't have been nicer, especially Denny from Germany who was the starter that day. The course was like lush green carpet carved out between desert hills (I'm from Colorado, so they are most certainly not mountains... :) The multiple tees (5-6) could make the course as long or as short as you like. All four par 3s had dramatic down hill shots. The course had other significant elevation changes as well and offered "take your breath" moments frequently. Complimentary range balls and a true rolling putting green were great for warm up. The only down side is that although they completed over-seeding a couple weeks back, the fairways were a bit fuzzy that day which made some shots in the middle of the fairway make you feel like you were playing from light rough. Also, the greens were not in good shape....a lot of sand and did not roll very well. Unless you are coming from the northwest valley, plan a significant drive time to get to the course. However, if I could play there again at any time of year including October, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Sunday Funday!

I have e been playing several course in The Phoenix area. Raven, Talking Stick, Aguila, Lonetree, Las Sendas, Trilogy and notices that my handicap has gone way down. I chose to play Quintero today because this course will bring you back to reality quick!

The fairways and fast greens are in great condition. Today was the first day open after overseed and things are looking good. There is still some work to do around the fringes as I noticed several areas in poor condition. The bunker play was terrible! I never noticed before but the sand was large grain and since it was being heavily watered, wet too.

The price was a little high for most players but I did not mind. Overall my experience was good and I was not let down. Quintero will test you game from the gold black combo.

Have fun!