Style Traditional

Gary Panks designed Aliante Golf Club to be player friendly rather than score crushing. It is supposed to be a Las Vegas golf version of Cheers.

Everyone may not know your name, but there is a huge practice facility, good clubhouse digs to kick back in and most of all a 7,022-yard layout that does not play nearly as fearsome as its 139-slope rating would indicate.

Which doesn't mean there isn't plenty of variety. With 54 bunkers, 14 bridges, four ponds and two waterfalls, about all Aliante is missing is a kitchen sink on a par 5.

"Aliante is a little out of the way, but it was well worth the trip," Todd Dewey wrote in TravelGolf.com. "It was a bit surreal to be playing in a picturesque setting in that part of town and the fast pace of play made it even more enjoyable. There was absolutely no waiting."

Aliante Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Greens TiffEagle Grass
Architect Gary Panks (2003)

Took 32 minutes to play the first hole. Had a foursome in front of us . They were playing from the tips and the best score that we saw was at least a 10. Left after one hole and informed the golf shop and they did not appear to care.

It's a Shame

This used to be a great golf course. I think it was a Troon course. Now there is little grass in the fairways and sand for greens. The city really needs to sell it to someone who wants to take care of it.

Pace of Play

I had a Hot Deal to play this course last Friday. Check in was easy. The problem started when We went to get the cart. My son is from Florida and uses the exact same clubs I do. I had told him to just use mine instead of flying his out to Las Vegas. The person running the carts said we could not share a set. He said it would affect the " pace of play". I must have heard this a dozen times in the next ten minutes. I explained we were ridding together and the cart was always going to be at the golfers ball. We have done this before at other courses and it has never been a problem. They said we would slow down the pace of play. Finally I rented my son a set for $45. My son never used the clubs, always using mine.

It took two hours and fifty minutes to play the back nine which is where they were starting that day. One seven of the nine holes the group in front of us was still teeing off. We had to wait on every shot. It was so bad we gave us after nine holes. I returned the rental clubs, telling the pro shop all about their precious "pace of play". I told them to take my $45 and put it towards a Marshall, which they are in dire need of.

Some comments on the course...They had punched the front nine greens the day before which is why they started us on the back. They had punched and sanded the back nine last week. But the greens rolled ok. and the greens held shots well. The tees were very shaggy, looking like they had over seeded recently. Fairways were in fair condition, patchy in some spots. The sand traps are awful, lacking good sand. The layout was interesting. A nice variety of hole distances. I thought it was actually a nice design - at least on the back nine which we played. Can talk about the front nine since I didn't want to spend the rest of the day there.

Las Vegas is terribly expensive for visitors, with locals generally paying less than half the visitor rates. For $45 the course was fine. I think it is worth up to $75. But I would NEVER play a course that does not make any attempt to keep a decent "pace of play".

Good Course

Had to play back 9 twice as front nine greens were being sanded. Back 9 greens sanded recently but still rolled ok. Fairways are just starting to go dormant so not as green just a week ago. Tee boxes needed mowing. Pace started to slow on second round of back 9, but no complaints since the weather was so nice and terrific views.

Course Maintenance

Was not told that back nine closed for maint. until we talked to starter. Played front 9 twice. Drove from San Diego area expecting to play full 18. Just would have liked to received a heads-up from GolfNow or have it posted on course website.

Poor condition

GC is in poor Maintanance condition. Price is very high for the condition of the course.. This course could be nice if they add water and grass on fairways.
Greens are in good shape.

Overlooked gem

I been in Vegas 7 years now and this was my 1st time playing this course. Doesn't get alot of publicity, but this course was perfect for intermediate golfers like myself. The prices are competitive, especially it being far north of Vegas. The course was actually a little tougher than I thought it would be. The website was well layed out, and I liked that you could see an above flyover of each hole. The staff was really nice from club house to the starter and the gentleman gathering the carts. Since Las Vegas is in a water restriction, the course was a tad bit dry making for faster ball speeds, but it's to be expected. It didn't impact gameplay. The time slots were well organized so that no one felt rushed with their play. I would definitely come back and play this course again. Only small request would be to have 100 yard markers somewhere on the course. I could only see the 150 markers.

Typical Public Course

This was a typical Public Course. I was expecting more based on reviews of the course. It was your basic back and forth holes that were not overall that really interesting.

The holes were well guarded by sand traps and additionally a number of holes had hazards crossing the fairways that you had to pay attention to.

I felt the course was in pretty good shape, but not really a well groomed course. It was worth the money, but don't expect a lot. We teed off 30 minutes late, there were no balls on the driving range, and we had to swap our cart after nine since it wasn't fully charged.

Advise customers

We booked on Golf Now the previous day. Arrived at the course to find out that the front nine was closed and we had to play the back nine twice to get the full 18 holes…….$36.00 Uber ride to and fro from the Wynn , so we really didn’t have a choice to not play and book elsewhere. Paid full price …5 hour round. Not one tee box had green grass,.
Play somewhere else (at least for the next few weeks.)

Not a good experience for the first round of golf on this trip to Vegas.

Enjoyable round

The course was well designed and the fairways and green in excellent shape.

North Las Vegas, Nevada
North Las Vegas, Nevada
3.6720352941
Nellis AFB, Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course