Located just 40 minutes from downtown Chicago, Coyote Run Golf Course is one of the area's best golf values. At just under 6,478 yards from the back tees, the course is challenging enough for the scratch golfer but gentle enough for less advanced players to approach with confidence. Each of the three tees offers a unique look and feel, providing plenty of variety. Water plays a prominent role on the golf course, coming into play on a total of 11 holes beginning with the opening hole. The tee shot on this par 4 requires a carry over water to a generous landing area. Careful course management and skillful approaches to the sloped greens are the key to doing well on this layout. Coyote Run G.C. also boasts a lighted driving range with grass tees and four target greens, practice putting and chipping greens, and even a three-hole practice course.

Coyote Run Golf Course - IL

Year Built 2005
Architect Jack Daray (1932) Harry Collis (1932) Greg Martin (2005)

Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Hope you like being constantly rushed by the starters.

Hope you can play at an 8 minute per hole pace. 8 minutes per hole is what I was told by one of the starters who was very rude about it. Sad that I have to give this course 1 star after seeing a lot of positive reviews. First off let me start out by saying that The course itself is well maintained. Very amateur friendly as there wasn't too many challenging hazards to deal with. I actually golfed well. Unfortunately this is where anything positive ends. I had a 4 some and as always we play best ball just to keep pace. That being said upon arrival to the first hole we were greeted by the first very rude starter. We had a 6:08AM tee time. My cart was on the tee box at 6:05AM. Granted 2 people in my group were not present at 6:05AM two of us were on the tee box ready to go. The other two were just paying their greens fee's and were right behind us. I apologized to the starter and kindly asked if he would just let the foursome behind us play through. Instead the starter got very mouthy with me saying that "I have 175 people behind you that want to get out and beat the heat! You are holding up play! " and forced my cart to hit and made the other 2 in my group meet us out on the fairway. Parking lot was empty at 6:08AM. My cart teed off at 6:05AM and during that time the other 2 in my group were driving up to the tee box. When they met us on the fairway it was 6:07AM. They could have hit and we still would've been on pace...We didn't want to judge our whole experience to be based on "one bad apple" so we laughed it off and just had fun on the front 9. Now we are not "pros" so we always play best ball just to keep with course play and etiquette for better players who happened to be behind us. We normally take 10-12 minutes per hole which is very acceptable pace of play for amateurs I think. About three holes in we kindly let the group behind us play through and went about our front 9. At the clubhouse is where our experience really went south. We made it off the front 9 in two hours and 10 minutes. Admittedly a little slow but we're amateurs. Like any golfer you stop in for a drink and some snacks and hit the can before heading back out. While waiting on the last person in our group to grab her coffee is where we were approached by the second very rude starter. He drove up and very sarcastically said to me "Do you realize that your group is holding up play for the whole course!?" I had enough at this point and gave the attitude right back to him. I stated that I did not appreciate being spoken to and harassed about being "too slow." He quickly snapped back at me with yet another sarcastic remark "Oh, I've been harassing you!?" Rather than arguing with the guy I just said I didn't know we couldn't take 5 minutes to stop in for a bathroom break and a drink. We will speed it up I guess. He then said "I need to move you to hole 11 so that the course can get back on pace." I then asked him if your in such a rush to get people moving just let the group behind us play through. He then again got sarcastic and said "If I did that I would just be that much farther behind!" Makes no sense but whatever...Rather than arguing we all obliged and moved to hole 11. He said that he would meet us at hole 18 to then let us play hole 10 and end our round. At this point my group did not even want to play anymore based on how rude the starters were being towards us. They made it seem like we were the reason that they were so behind which they weren't. But since they already took $65 from us for the greens fees and carts we decided to just play up to hole 18 and end our round there. The funny part is that all the starters accomplished by pushing us the whole time was that we naturally caught up to the group in front of us and now we were the ones being held up by a slower group! At hole 18 we were 15 min ahead of pace. Even if we played hole 10 we still would have finished early! Had my clubs and shoes packed up at 950AM. Reported the rude starters to the course manager and he comped each of us $20. Based on my experience I will never play here again!

Great conditioned course

Best conditioned public course I have played this year. Greens were smooth and consistent. Staff very friendly. Will play here again.

Great public vourse

Very good water drainage system with very little water accumulation or puddles after heavy rains

Nice Day

Paired of with a gentleman who was very nice and Knowlegible. Help with my short game and we finished in great time.

Good value for the money

We have played this multiple time so we like the course. It’s short but there are some tough holes. Our only problem is that the pace of play is always slow. It’s always in good condition.

Tees off at 10:40am on a nice Friday morning and we finished at 3:15p for 4.5 hour round. Greens were great and fast…lots of ball marks which isn’t the courses fault as most of them looked like they were fresh. Fairways were pure and the layout is great. They also have a mixed tee option on the scorecard where you play some blue and some white tees. Bunkers were also in good shape and we’re raked. The rough was fair length but can still be tough for even an advanced player as it’s pretty sticky but adds to the experience. Practice area is an added bonus, great driving range and pitching area. Also has a couple of par 3 practice holes. Cart girl came around 5+ times and had good selection Overall I really love this course and recommend it..

the course was rather difficult. It is a great course. Excellent condition and some great holes.

Flossmoor, Illinois
Tinley Park, Illinois
Glenwood, Illinois
Oak Forest, Illinois
Frankfort, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.