Style Traditional
Calumet Country Club

Year Built 1917
Architect Donald Ross (1917) Bob Lohmann Larry Packard (1958)

Clubs No

Swimming

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Illinois (2019 #20)

Illinois Advisor

Greens are stiill really crappy don't bother playing (yet)

A $32 w/cart Easter afternoon offer intrigued me but I didn't make a tee time.. Based my 9/4/20 round (see that review below) with really bumpy/bouncy/diseased greens and disappointment with them I made sure upon arrival I walked from the parking lot directly to the 9th green with a putter and ball. Same really subpar horrible conditions unfortunately,....even early in the season and this after a first cut and roll?? I immediately called Ravisloe from the lot and went right over there & happily paid $17 more. I can't recommend play at Calumet CC until such time I see a number of reviews that reflect decent to even average putting conditions from players with multiple reviews I can trust......otherwise just be prepared for really slow sandpaper bouncy greens.....takes half the challenge out of the course. A $30 - $35 value at best given the condition of the greens. I hate saying that but it's the truth...crying shame because it's got a nice old school routing. Fix the greens please but I doubt that will happen since the course was sold and this may be the very last year of Calumet CC. Play it once if you haven't played it .

Course has a classic old school Ross layout.

Classic Donald Ross design. Well placed bunkers and tight fairways make a fun challenge. Only down side is the condition of the greens and tee boxes, greens were brown and dead and even some had bare spots. This use to be a well known private course but went public a few years back. They really let the course go which is sad because this once was a gem.

Calumet Country Club

The golf course was in good shape but the putting greens...not so much. It’s very early in the season by the month of May they should definitely be better. I will certainly recommend playing this hidden gem.

Great Value - Hope it Remains Open in 2021 and Beyond

The former private course has been open to the public for the past few years and is worth playing - especially if you can snag a good deal. This Donald Ross design is quite fun, not overly long and relatively flat - easily walkable. I have played here a number of times in the Fall of 2020 and 2019 and with very few exceptions, the course conditions have been excellent. It has been said that this course is going to close. That would be unfortunate as I have seen days when CCC has been overflowing with golfers. The only rough situation that I encountered on my round was that the grounds crew had a difficult time keeping up with keeping all of the fallen leaves off of the fairways and greens. Hole #13 was unplayable as the entire fairway and rough was covered in leaves from tee to green. My playing partners lost their golf ball on every shot. I took my par and walked to the 14th tee. I can only imagine how many golf balls were found once the leaves were removed! CCC has been offering package deals for 2021 - hopefully they will sell enough to secure sufficient funding to keep this course open for the foreseeable future. I give CCC a 4.3 out of 5 rating.

Save this DONALD ROSS gem

Fall golf with a few leaves blowing, but near 70 degrees and sunny. All these years and never played before. Play Ravisloe nearby lots. Calumet is similar but better. LONG par three's are a blast. Nice dog legs both ways. Greens in great shape. Pro was very positive and wanted us back. Traps also groomed and enough sand to be playable. Carts in great shape, but could use more of them.

Can't wait to get back there and play again!

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Calumet Country Club!

excellent experience-love the layout

excellent experience on a great layout . very accommodating staff. definitely will try to play again

Commented on 11/17/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Solid Larry Packard Course!

I have played numerous Ross courses and there is not much Ross left here. The highway construction in the late 50s caused significant property loss and course rework to the point that 12 holes were altered! The Ross holes that remain have been redone and the greens flattened.

All that being said the course has a fun routing that can be a little tight in places. Holes 3 through 8 are solid fun holes.

Only negative is the greens need some help and appear to have some invasive grass issues! However for the rate charged and qualify of course, I felt it was well worth it!

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Calumet Country Club.

Awesome Course

Wish I could play here all the time. Great Donald Ross design so better be careful around the greens. Good variety of holes and excellent routing. Course was in decent condition considering the circumstances this year. Just a shame they had to build an interstate along the northern boundary. Can’t wait to play it again. Wish we could have hung around for a beer afterwards.

Commented on 11/03/2020

Hi Mark. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Calumet Country Club.

Calumet October Round - Fantastic

Played course in 2.5 hours with no one literally anywhere on a super nice day - loved it. Formerly an exclusive private club - built in 1901 - now open to the public, which is really great.

Only complaint is that some of the tee boxes and greens have seen better days and they need to put some money into both - the history of the course deserves it and they just need to look at what's been done at Ravisloe, which has been totally restored. Please restore Calumet and I will play it all the time!!!!!

Commented on 10/29/2020

Hi, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Calumet Country Club.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Andrew! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Calumet Country Club!

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hi, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (708) 799-2230. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Noisy

Confusing layout out from green to next tee. No signage. If you haven’t played here you may spend some extra time finding next tee box. Course in rough shape. Greens recently pinched but lots of bald places on a few. Slow. Layout is typical Donald Ross, but the road noise along I294 holes is deafening. Literally. Way too noisy. Glad I saw it, but no reason to go back.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi, we appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course signage is extremely important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Calumet Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/09/2020

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Calumet Country Club.

Good mature course

well maintained sand traps
several greens in bad shape, splotchy, bare spots
fairway grass not as dense as it should be for a course of this caliber
large greens
tall trees makes it challenging if off the fairways

Commented on 10/08/2020

Hi Scott. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Calumet Country Club.

Homewood, Illinois
Calumet City, Illinois
2.2392058824
Midlothian, Illinois

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2021 - May 31, 2021
Whether your handicap is high or low you’ll find golf at the Tubac Golf Resort both challenging and enjoyable. Made famous by Kevin Costner’s 1996 movie “Tin Cup” the Tubac Golf Course is considered to be the “Jewell of the Southern Arizona Golf Courses”