Lake Presidential Golf Club is one of Maryland's most popular public courses. It is a challenging championship layout that is player friendly enough to accommodate a wide range of skill levels. It stands out from run-of-the-mill municipal courses with exceptional conditions from the tees to the greens. The layout offers a diverse mix of holes that will have golfers using every club in their bag. There are some especially interesting par 3s that are visible but with enough hazards to make them a challenge. Houses border the front nine holes but they are absent on the back nine. The fairways on the last nine holes are densely lined with mature trees. The golf course finishes with an enjoyable par 5 that plays over a lake. It can be reached in two with a little skill and accuracy.

Lake Presidential Golf Club

Year Built 2008

Golf Simulator Yes

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2018 #5)

Final Straw

Suspect I’ve played my last round of golf @ Lake Presidential. Overall I really like the course but the management & service there has been & continues to be the absolute WORST SEEN EVER.

Yesterday’s fiasco with scheduling a shotgun knowing the course was in no shape to handle it as set was straight garbage planning & execution & showed a callous disregard for the patrons time who had other more important alternative priorities to dedicate their time to than waiting 2-3 hours for them to get it together.

I pre-paid for a golf-now threesome & was told the course was opening @ 1200 for a shotgun front nine replay round...& that I could not cancel. They blamed the situation on golf now which is another HUGE issue in itself.

As a consultation for 3-hours of my life that I’ll never get back hot dogs were to be provided with a complimentary drink which didn’t happen...bottom line that circus side show should have been canceled on Friday evening @ the latest.

Lake Presidential is all about quick sales with no product or service delivery excellence. They also do not comply with the County Execs COVID-19 health & safety protocols for cart assignments/spacing & sanitation. They charged one of the 3 in the group $10 for a single cart so he could comply with social distancing norms only for the cart to break down on the 1st tee, have to be replaced & add to the wasted time based on their product/service delivery substandard quality.

Guess when you’re desperate to make ends meet you cut every corner possible & short everyone possible so there’s no return on investment—such as trying to sell someone their own club that they accidentally left at the course & was turned in to the pro shop—yes actually happened there.

Wish them well & trust that someday they’ll get a clue & their business model & service practices together!

Commented on 02/19/2021

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your experience. Let me first start by saying I understand your concerns. When using a third party booking engine, communications can be delayed and in this case, with a snow delay like we had, we had some frozen areas , it just was not safe to send anyone out at 10 am which was the agreed time for our weekend shotgun start times. We sent out an email to all players the night before and to all Golf Now participants that had a method of contact, we assume you did not have one as you were not aware when you arrived earlier than 10 am and then had to wait 2-3 hours as stated in your review. For your safety and the safety of your group, we could not send you out on a frozen course. We did communicate that unfortunately payments were made directly to Golf Now so all refunds would need to come through Golf Now. That is out of our control. Wile again, we understand your concern, that is something we have no control over, you did not pay us, therefore we cannot refund you.

As far as following CDC's guidelines, we absolutely do that daily. Carts are sanitized between each use, staff wear masks, we are trained on all new and ongoing protocols and we take this very seriously. We lost a member very early on and it is not something we take lightly.

Again I apologize that your experience was not up to par, but please feel free to contact me directly, should you choose to give us another try. I am the Director of Sales, Janelle Cash, my email address is Janelle.Cash@LakePresidential.com. Also follow us on social media as we make all announcements there and you won't miss any of what's happening at the club.

Have a great day!

Never Again

Yesterday’s fiasco with scheduling a shotgun knowing the course was in no shape to handle it as carried out was straight garbage planning & execution & showed a callous disregard for the patrons time who surely had other more important alternative priorities to dedicate their time to than waiting 2-3 hours for them to get it together.

As a consultation for 3-hours of my life that I’ll never get back hot dogs were to be provided with a complimentary drink which to my knowledge didn’t happen...bottom line that circus side show should have been canceled on Friday evening @ the latest.

Lake Presidential is all about quick sales with no product or service delivery excellence. They also do not comply with the County Execs COVID-19 health & safety protocols for cart assignments/spacing & sanitation. They wanted to double up cart assignments for two of our 3 in our group (who are not related & do not live in the same household) & charged $10 for him to get his own cart (which also broke down & had to be replaced on the 1st tee box). But I guess when you’re desperate to make ends meet you cut every corner possible & short everyone possible so there’s no return on investment—to include trying to sell a club back to the owner who left it on the course during a the round (which actually happened).

Wish them well & trust that someday they’ll get a clue & their business practices/model together!

Cancelled before play

Upon arriving at the course for a 10 am tee off we were told we'd have to wait until 12pm to start. The course blamed @golfnow for the mis communication, but it was evident by the busy work outside that there was a large group booked in to play. After the 45 min drive to get there I'll find courses closer in the future.

Have to play

Beautiful course, recommend to you if you are in the area.

Commented on 02/19/2021

Thank you for your review. Hope to see you again.

Great tract

Lake Presidential is a really nice golf course with a great variety of holes. Tough and fast greens.
Love it

Pace of play miserable

One of the best course layouts in Maryland. A true championship style course. Would have been nice to play the whole course but we played 12 holes in 4 hours and it got dark. The staff did not care to push along pace of play at all

Money Grab

The course was excellent and the weather for December was perfect. The course/staff needs to follow county pandemic rules. Played multiple times during pandemic. The course tries to force you to share carts during pandemic. They claim they don't have carts until you pay a fee for a separate cart then like magic they find carts. Money grab. Other courses are following safety protocols by not forcing patrons to share carts.

Hard course for mid to high handicap

I've played this course a few times. Seems like everytime I play, the course is wet. It had rained a few days ago and the course was still very wet. VERY. Cart Paths Only can make the pace of play much longer. Make sure you play "Cart Path Golf" The Staff was friendly. The course is challenging. I will play again.

Excellent service and beautiful course

What a change since the last time I played here several years ago. The course is in the perfect condition and very beautiful. The staff in the pro shop, the starter and just everybody managing the course are the most pleasant and helpful. I was totally blown away by their joyful spirit and kindness.

It took close to 5 hours to finish the round. So the pace was a tad slower than I would like.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland