There's plenty of great golf waiting for guests on Crystal Springs Golf Resort's seven courses, like the seventh hole at Wild Turkey Golf Club.

Type Public/Resort

Wild Turkey Golf Club is one of New Jersey's top public courses. It is part of the Crystal Springs Resort, which offers six other courses including the popular Ballyowen and Crystal Springs golf courses. Wild Turkey combines characteristics from both. The layout has a unique design inspired by the interesting topography, which is most aptly described as "basin and ridge." The "basin" of the course is a wide-open expanse that offers plenty of room while the holes that play along the "ridge" of the golf course tumble across a variety of elevation changes. Due to the dramatic undulations of the terrain, it's a tough golf course to walk. Wild Turkey Golf Club's signature hole is the par-3 seventh. This tricky hole calls for a demanding carry over a quarry lake in order to reach the well protected green.

Wild Turkey Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways Creeping Bent Grass
Greens Creeping Bent Grass
Architect Roger Rulewich (2001)

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Showers, Lockers

Needs TLC

The greens were aerated and they didnt mention it when I made the tee time. They should either mention it or provide a discount. The course wasnt in great shape. . There was damage on a couple of the greens and large pot holes on some of the cart paths. Some of the bunkers were under construction. Not what you would expect from a high end course.

Pleasant and fun course

Fu.Fun. Fun !!!
It always makes me feel calm and exciting as well.
Nice lay out with some challenges with the beautiful sighting.
Loved playing the course!!

Fun Course!

I played on a very cold day, but enjoyed the design of the course. It was relatively wide open with a few blind shots, but mostly accommodating. It is pricey, but besides that it is a fun track!

No reason for cart-path only

I've played this course dozens of times and usually enjoy.
Their cart-path only restriction is Totally uncalled for and takes away from a fluid round especially under Driest Course conditions.
Entire staff is friendly, but management needs to extend in a much better way to golfers and pace of play to enrich total experience to leave a desire for repeat play.
Also played Ballyowen the week prior after frost delay and found so many fairways to be in perfectly fine condition to drive on, but they too were cart-path only.
Let them get someone out there to inspect conditions and re-evaluate any restrictions.

Horrible conditions

I have played this course many times over the years and the course is always in great shape, as nice as some country clubs. The course was in horrible shape, from the tee boxes, fairways, bunkers and greens, there wasn't one thing that was in good shape. The first hole is almost unplayable as it is under construction and repairs. The tee boxes were pretty much all beat up and we played from the blue tees which are less used, the fairways were average at best, bunkers were average, greens were unplayable, looks like they plugged, maybe a week or two ago but haven't recovered, giant holes which made putting impossible. I have played county courses for $30.00 dollars that were in 100 times better conditions. And the cost to play this should have been adjusted to about that rate because that's all that it was worth paying if that. I would recommend you stay away from this course for a while until it recovers.

Course is in the worst shape I’ve ever seen

I have been playing Wild Turkey for over 5 years. I am honestly astounded at how bad of condition it has been in this season. I’ve played it twice over the last 3 months and while I thought I just got unlucky in June, I am floored at how bad of shape the course is in. I used to bring clients and friends over Crystal springs to play ballyowen and WT with wild Turkey being one of my favorite courses. But now wild Turkey is actually Unplayable this year. Everything from tee to green needs basic repairs and bare minimum attention. Don’t even get me started on the bunkers. Someone at CS needs to fix this. A great track that has gone into complete disrepair. I love this facility but I’m going to be done playing there/ recommending until something changes.

aerated greens but no notice

I hate when GolfNow and/or the Club do not make it clear that the course maintenance is in progress. The greens were freshly aerated and full of sand with significant un-evenness because of the aeration holes. Impossible to put. The bunkers were pretty damaged by heavy rains (pre Ida I cannot imagine what they look like now) and the ranger told me to play them as ground under repair. The course is nicely laid out and it helps to have someone who knows the payout well to provide some advice on tee shots and blind shots. Had great company in that regard (one of the employees who was great to play with) but the course conditions made it a sub-par experience (in a bad way).

Pricey for the condition

Practice round for up coming tournament, they should be ashamed for charging so much when the bunkers should all be marked ground under repair. Bunkers where hard at rock, had rocks the size of baseballs in some. Women's tee boxes were pretty beat up. The value for the money is not there. I won't even go into the 12 dollar hotdogs at the halfway house, even though the lunch board on the 8th says 7 bucks. Cant recommend it, you can play a lot of golf at other places for the cost of a day here.

Greens are very challenging. Layout is very fair. Bunkers are in poor condition and were difficult to figure out. Route between holes is a little confusing for first timers.

$100? What a DISGRACE!

5 years i begged some guys to play this course (for my Bucket List) since i heard so many great things.I was greeted with beautiful surroundings/grounds/pools and nice staff (but the $95 reservation became $100 somehow...maybe they included $5 for the range i did not need but when telling me it was $100 - said "oh, the range was included"!!??) So it's the big tee time and the Starter tells us the SAND TRAPS are washed out and we can take ball out of them...So, my first reaction was, WHAT? $100 for SUB-STANDARD CONDITIONS?? Of course my 1st lifetime drive there went in the trap and he was surely correct. Which eventually got me to the green and most other greens which were less in shape than my County course. Then at the 2nd (or 3rd) hole, one sees the basic layout of the course which is sooooooo unimaginative...Some sand traps but all open and uninspiring. The back 9 had about 4 holes that had ditches and nuances but overall boring. General conditions all around were just ok. Lastly, the cart paths were poorly thought of as many times we had to park and walk 50 yds uphill to the green. And to kick sand in the face, we all needed drinks on this hot day and our $.18 cent bottles of Gatorade were $4.25 each!! So much for my bucket list!! (PS: i played Crystal Springs 30 yrs ago and although a little overly crazy outlay, it was still unique and worthwhile except the Cart Path Only rule back then was torturous and ruined the fun. I am unlikely to rush back to try Ballyowen, or Black Bear. GREAT GORGE is in great shape and alot of fun and Seniors play for $38 after getting the $50 card.)

$100? What a DISGRACE!

$100?? What a DISGRACE!!!

Semi-Private/Resort
Semi-Private/Resort
Vernon, New Jersey
Franklin, New Jersey
Franklin, New Jersey
Sparta, New Jersey
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.