Type Public/Resort
The Champion Turf Club at St. James

Golf School Academy Yes - "St. James Golf Academy"

Bar

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #23)

WOw - surprisingly great!

I had never heard anyone say anything great about the course up until recently. I tried the course and it was fantastic. The fairways were well maintained and the greens were fast! Crazy fast! They put some effort and time into this course and it is worthwhile!! Good time! Great round!

Response from on 12/28/2016:
Thank you for the great 5-Star review! We're glad you had a fantastic round--spread the word to your friends & family!
Commented on 07/16/2021

Hi, u946841204. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Champion Turf Club at St. James.

Commented on 06/23/2021

Thanks so much for the great review, RGD99E9C4FF39A2AD2A3. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James.

Course stacked

They stack golfers too close together. Pace of play was the slowest I’ve ever dealt with in 10 yrs. When ranger was told about the pace of the players in group ahead of us, he said he would talk to them but drove right by them.

Commented on 06/16/2021

Hello, u000008119555. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Great course, best greens I’ve seen in a while.

The course was nice, few spots are under repair, if you don’t suck like me you won’t have to worry about it. The greens are very nice, healthy, and semi- fast. Great round

Commented on 06/16/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314160263619. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

It’s not about the money

On June 12 I came to play golf at St. James where I’ve come before the pace of play was horrible considering the conditions that snowbirds are not here anymore it seems as management only thinks about money stop stocking players up and give us room to play reassess your business practice for the good of all golfers try another course don’t waste your time

Commented on 06/16/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. We hope to hear from you soon!

Really nice and great price

I’m a beginner, hit 116, only lost 9 balls, and had a blast. Super fast greens, hazards but not too many, and wider fairways.

Commented on 06/16/2021

Hi, u314161678640. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Champion Turf Club at St. James. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/06/2021

Thank you for reviewing us, u7178556. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Champion Turf Club at St. James, and we hope to see you again soon.

Credit refund requested

You told me to go to Reservation, modify players or cancellation. I clicked on that hyperlink of yours and there was nothing to modify. Listen, I’ve been a member of your GolfNow for a very long time and I’ve probably played thousands of rounds by now. So stop treating me like I’m nobody.
I went and tried to play at The Champions Turf of St James course today but it was raining like dog and cat. I went in to the clubhouse the guy said he would give me a rain check but since I had booked thru GolfNow I will have to go thru you guys.
Listen, I just wanted to get a credit so that I can use it to play it at another time of which at the rate I’m going it could be every other day, so you guys are not going to loose any $ on me for that credit refund.

Commented on 06/06/2021

Hello, Peter2305307 and thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your tee time. Our goal is to provide our golfers with all relevant information when booking their round online. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our support number for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

Commented on 06/02/2021

Hi, u9383707. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Champion Turf Club at St. James. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Returning after 10 years

It's been about 10 years since I last played this course. I loved the greens, fast & reasonably true. Layout challenging, but not too tough. My ball found lots of bunkers, but were well groomed. Fairways a bit dry, but there has been a drought going on. Ball washers were not functioning, and a beverage cart would have been welcomed.

Commented on 06/02/2021

Thank you for your review, u000002027118. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Champion Turf Club at St. James. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 06/06/2021

Hello, Christian1118185. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Champion Turf Club at St. James. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Course is hard and fast, but fairways are a bit spotty grass wise. Greens were decent and also quick.

Commented on 06/02/2021

u000003287258, thanks for the amazing review and for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/02/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, larrypete5454. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

First time playing. Greens were in good shape but rest of the course is very dried out. Played from the blues and was very long in the wind. Big difference between whites and blue which was about 800 yards. Need a tee box between blue and white. Pace of play was so slow. 5 hour round. . No beverage cart and no ranger to speed up play. Doubt I will be back.

Commented on 06/02/2021

Hi, markkaiser1204! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

Commented on 06/02/2021

Hi, rabrams1954. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

Nice track...

Good layout, only thing I would change is the blues are 6800 and the whites are under 6000....shoulder have mud tires at 6400...

Commented on 05/18/2021

Thanks so much for the great review, u000007362830. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James.

Commented on 05/12/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u3659099. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James!

Great day of golf

No slow play around in about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Course was well maintained greens were not to fast but able judge speed well shot 40on front 35 on back. Had.a little rain but no more than 10 minutes. Would recommend to anyone who likes a great lay out and fast greens.

Commented on 05/12/2021

Thank you for your review, Mustang1972. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Champion Turf Club at St. James. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun Layout

Entire golf course was in very good condition considering the lack of rain, there were a few bald spot but not that many. Greens not quite as fast as the last time we played here but still quick and true. Challenging layout with a good blend of different type holes. The only problem this day there was the foursome ahead of us that were not only bad golfers spraying the balls everywhere but they were also extremely slow. Unfortunately and understandably there were no rangers on the course so we played the front nine twice which made up for the time spent on the initial nine. We'll return and hopefully not be positioned behind the same foursome.

Commented on 05/12/2021

Thanks so much for the great review, justdon. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Champion Turf Club at St. James.

Fort Pierce, Florida
Fort Pierce, Florida
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights’ accommodation at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando and 1 round of golf at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Orlando and 4 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County National, Shingle Creek Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
KISSIMMEE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Reunion Resort and 3 days of unlimited golf at Reunion Golf Club – The Nicklaus, The Palmer and The Watson courses.
KISSIMMEE, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Reunion Resort and 1 round of golf at Reunion Golf Club – The Nicklaus, The Palmer or The Watson course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.