View of the 18th hole at ShadowGlen Golf Club.

ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Never disappoints

Its freaking crazy how much better this place has gotten in the last year or so. I play here about 3 times a year when Im in town for business and every time I come back Im impressed. I've played everywhere in Austin and as an out of towner I am as unbiased as can be but seriously this is best value course in city right now.

Commented on 05/15/2021

Thank you so much for your great review, we are so glad you enjoyed the course so much and we hope you decide to play out here again

New home course

So glad this course is so close to where I live! I've always found the tee boxes, fairways, bunkers, & greens to be in conditions that would rival other local courses that are charging twice to three times the rates. There are other, less obvious benefits of playing here but I'll leave those for you to discover.

Commented on 05/10/2021

Thanks for your great review, we have put a lot of work in improving the course conditions and overall experience, but the best is yet to come! We appreciate your business and hope to see you out soon

Wet &

It must've rained a lot more in Manor the night before I played than it did in Oak Hill. That being said, the 'front 9' (formerly known as the back) does drain much better than the new back (I hate when a golf course flips the nines, regardless of the reason).
I ran into a 5-6 some on the 11th tee. They were so disorganized and slow that I didn't bother to hit a tee shot at 12, just turned around and drove back to my truck. Disappointing visit to Shadowglen, my first in a while.

Commented on 05/10/2021

Manor sits 400 hundred feet lower in elevation than Oak hill and a creek flows through the course that floods during abnormally high amounts of rainfall. Had you come a few days earlier or a few days later you would have seen much improved course conditions. That being said, If you would have called the pro shop, we would have been happy to send someone out to make sure that group let you through, or we could have offered you a raincheck. We understand that some people wish the layout was reversed, however going back to this layout brought average pace of play down 20 minutes so it was a no brainer.

Great course conditions for the money

A bunch of courses in Central Texas cost more money and do not take care of their fairways as well as Shadowglen. Hidden Gem in my opinion.

Commented on 04/28/2021

Thanks for your review, we are glad you enjoyed the fairways. They were overseeded with perennial rye grass this past winter

2nd time around

I found a GolfNow deal and played this course for the second time. I like this course and the layout. Apparently I need to update my garmin because the course first hole is number 10 and vice versa Got teamed up with 3 other golfers and had a great time. There were a couple of spots on some greens that haven’t grown in yet but the season is early. Will definitely keep an eye out for deals and will play this course again.

Commented on 04/28/2021

Thanks for your great review. glad you enjoyed the course and layout!! As you noticed, yes the greens are not like they usually are here; we had 6 nights in a row last week where overnight temperature was below 50 and this prevents the grass from growing.

Tale of two nines.

Would have given 4+ rating if the front 9 was anything like the back 9. Tees were not mowed for days on front side, greens were in fair condition and fairways not mowed. On back side tees were mowed, fairways excellent, and greens much better shape. They must be letting the grass grow much higher than normal before they mow. So if Monday is their weekly mowing day for tees and fairways, highly suggest skipping that day.

Commented on 04/27/2021

Mr. Dorrance, I apologize for your experience yesterday. The front 9 sees more wear and tear than back 9 because of people just playing 9 holes, and we are trying to start on hole #10 more often to give the front 9 a rest. Additionally I am sorry that nothing was mowed; I can assure you this is not how we normally do things. Hope to see you out again soon!

Challenging layout, fun course

While the guys in the clubhouse wasn’t very informative or cordial the rest of the folks I met at the range and on the course were pleasant. The range was overgrown and needed a cutting. The practice green and most of the course greens were spotty and bumpy. While this doesn’t sound good the course itself was definitely worth playing. The layout presented several risk-reward challenging holes. The fairways were excellent. The bunkers were in good shape and while the greens were bumpy (weeds and some sparse areas) the undulations made putting challenging and fun. Enjoyed the course.

Commented on 04/27/2021

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed the course. Our greens are still recovering from the winter storm and unfortunately we had 5 nights in a row last week where the temperature dipped below 50; this brings Bermuda growth to a halt however we expect rapid improvement the next few weeks!

Fairways and tees lush and a little long. Greens are spotting and have winter kill from storm. Big improvement from last year.

Commented on 04/27/2021

Thanks for acknowledging all the improvements we have made in the past year, especially when the course is not up to our standards. Our greens like you noticed are seeing the effects of the winter storm, and unfortunately we had a string of cooler nights last week that has prevented them from growing, Hope to see you out again soon!

Proper golf course

Thank you ShadowGlen for accomodating us. We had pre-booked a tee time through their on-line system and were able through their friendly and helpful pro-shop to bring the time forward by an hour in order to thwart looming weather later . Great layout and especially loved the 12th and 14th. Great views from wherever you are in the course. Course in great condition although the greens are still recovering from wintertime, but the views made up for that. Course will beat you up a bit but you'll still leave with a smile on your face. Bar prices very reasonable with a diverse selection, lovely practice area. Will definitely return again.

Commented on 04/28/2021

Thanks for your great review, we are so glad we could accommodate you and your group to your standards and that you enjoyed the course so much! Come back again soon

Great weeekday course

Great course to play on weekdays, great rates, beautiful surroundings, nice range. Weekends not so much always short staffed range machine out, can never get a marshall to speed things up and they keep going up in price but do nothing about pace of play. Ill keep going back but hope they put effort in to improve service on weekends for their customers

Commented on 04/27/2021

We are glad you enjoyed the course, and we appreciate your feedback. We realize that we have room for improvement on the weekends but I can assure you that hiring quality Marshalls is one of our TOP priorities.

Wonderful fairway!!

What a beautiful fairway all 18 holes!! Greens are little bit need to work. Over all, LOVE to play here again and again. Thank you...

Commented on 04/23/2021

Thanks for your great review, we are glad you enjoyed the course and our fairways!. Our maintenance crew is working tirelessly to bring back the greens after the winter storm

Tough track, but nice to run on!

This course is pretty difficult for this 15-19 handicapper, but I scored well thanks to really good course conditions. The fairways are in excellent shape. All but one or two greens are also in great shape. The back nine is really interesting because the natural terrain was kept when the course was built. As a result, there are some interesting holes. The front nine is a bit less interesting, but still fun to play. I'll most certainly be back.

Commented on 04/16/2021

Thanks for your great review and for being positive about the condition of the greens when they are not up to our standards! We hope to see you out here again soon

Spriklers kept going off

Good course for the money but on 4 different holes the sprinklers went off. Ridiculous

Commented on 04/14/2021

We are extremely sorry about the sprinklers going off, this should never happen and I hope that otherwise you had an enjoyable round !

Assume greens suffered from winter freeze

I last played the course in Feb 2020 so I know the condition of the greens is not normal. Fairways were great. Pace of play on the front was excellent but a young couple jumped in front of us at the turn and they were terribly slow. After 5 holes, we did call the clubhouse and someone came out and had them let us play on through.which was greatly appreciated.

Pflugerville, Texas
2.7199823529
Hutto, Texas
Round Rock, Texas
Lost Pines, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.