Woodfin Ridge Golf Club in Inman, South Carolina, USA | GolfPass
2.1

Architect Bill Bergin (2000)

Practice Hole No

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. Shirts must have a collar, no jeans allowed.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Tennis

Nice Course

Got out to play at Woodfin Ridge for the first time a couple of days ago. We had a Monday afternoon tee time at 2:10. The biggest negative to the round was the pace of play. We teed off around 2 and finished at 6:50-not exactly what you expect on a weekday. In the defense of the course there was a high school golf match that started earlier in the day, and I assume that was what backed everything up.

Anyway, other than the pace, I really liked the course. There was generally plenty of room to hit your ball, with a couple of tight holes. The layout was pretty fun to play and required several different shots off the tee and to the green. The greens were generally pretty big, and they rolled really smooth. Although, I think me and my partner both thought they were on the slow side. Its still too early in the spring for the grass to be growing yet. So it was still winter conditions. Overall, we had alot of fun, enjoyed the course, and cant wait to get back out and enjoy it.

One of my favorites

We are senior golfers from NC and after our league ends we like to travel down to SC to play some of the courses. Woodfin Ridge is our top choice. Friendly staff and great rates for seniors. They put in new greens this year and they were excellent.

New Jersey Advisor

Beautiful Course in Great Condition but Slow Play

Played on a Saturday and the course had cancellations because it had rained (and the forecast wasn't great) but most of the round it was just overcast (only rained while we were on hole 12). So overall the weather was not the reason for slow play.

Slow Play was due to the groups in front of us. Golfers waiting for the group in front of them to be on the green on par 5s before teeing off -- ridiculous. Not one of the players we watched reached the greens in two (i.e. needed to wait to hit their tee shots). And they spent a long time putting. My guess, they were betting. So If the course had a ranger he could have moved them along but we never had a ranger drive by during our round.

The slow play aside it is a beautiful course, in great condition, lots of pretty views, rolling hills. I understand the greens are new and they are very nice. The course is interesting and some holes make you think. For example, from the forward tees, the Par 3, 5th hole is 134 yards and all uphill, forced carry. Shorter players may need to club up to make sure they are on top of the green.

Woodfin Ridge is a 40 minute drive from downtown Greenville and worth the drive on a nice day.

I will play definitely play again but maybe on a weekday to see if pace of play is better!

Would be 5 stars

Course was in great shape other than the greens looking like swiss cheese with ball mark, not sure if they just needed rolled or had an outing previous. But other than being a little bumpy still in good shape. Everything else was first rate, tee boxes and fairways were pristine. Beautiful course with the best layout you could ask for, a little bit of everything.

Commented on 05/29/2020

What is this grammar

Excellent weather

Great Find!

I played this course the last two Wednesday's and loved it. It is out in the middle of nothing but what a course. Every hole was in very good shape with all greens in great shape and consistent. Lots of elevation changes but a very fair test of golf. Loved the layout and really everything about it. I highly recommend playing Woodfin Ridge and I plan to be back myself.

Excellent weather

a good test

Woodfin Ridge offers a good variety of holes- demanding 4's, challenging 3's, and reachable 5's. The course is well laid out and well maintained. The fairways have good body; you won't lose your ball in the rough but you may lose a stroke, which is as it should be; and the greens require your close attention. After your round the burgers and the quesadillas are both good options.

Beautiful course

Was in town on vacation and brought my 3 year old Son who lives to Golf. The staff was very friendly with him considering his age. Played on a Sunday morning and never caught the group in front and never had anyone behind us. The course is very scenic and fun to play. I played the Championship tees and since it was my first time playing the starter was extremely helpful with a few in and outs of the course. I would love to play this course again and would recommend anyone in the area to check it out

Inman, South Carolina
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Greer, South Carolina
Duncan, South Carolina
Spartanburg, South Carolina
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.