Sand Hollow Golf Resort

Year Built 2008
Architect John Fought (2008) Andy Staples (2008)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Most credit cards accepted
Dress code Gentlemen must wear shirts with a collar. Shorts should be mid-length or longer, and no denim shorts or pants allowed

Fishing, Cycling, Hiking

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 9

Epic back 9

1-11 is just another golf course then all heck breaks loose. Great use of the land to terrorize average golfers. The 16th is terrorizing even for mid to lower hcp. players. Do not miss the green. 17 and 18 kind of average too.
Fairways trying to recover from death, the tees are uneven and in bad shape. Greens were in great shape.
Not Worth the steep green fees at least as I played it today.. you should not price a course for a 5 hole stretch.

The course was in rough shape

The staff was wonderful, other than the snack bar. I thought the price was a little steep fir the conditions of the course. Lots of dead spots and new sod in the fairways. No cart girl. No real beverages to take out on the course. No food options for someone who is gluten free.

Great views, tough greens.

Great course. A few burned out fairways but expected for dead of summer. Large greens are easy to hit but surprisingly tricky to read. The views on the back nine are spectacular.

Majestic Views

First time playing this course. The majestic views on the back 9 were amazing!! Greens were in great shape, fairways could have been better. Definitely will come back!! Loved the layout and the challenge!!

Slow (1) & Slow (2)

(1) Teed off 15 minutes late, to begin with. Unfortunately, played in just a twosome, when everyone else was a foursome. 5:05 for the round. I HATE slow golf.

(2) The speed of the greens was SLOW. VERY SLOW. Not sure if the truth, but pro shop said the very next day was going to be their summer aerification.

On the bright side, it is a terrific layout, especially holes #13-15, as I recall. Very scenic, lots of red rock and clay everywhere. Never hit it into one of the 100+ bunkers on the course. Glad I didn't as they had red clay in them, no sand. While that made them visually appealing, my bet is that they would have been nigh on impossible to hit out of (quite deep, no sand).

Beautiful course, pace of play horrible

Stunning tougher course. Starter was very nice as well as Pro Shop desk. Unfortunately, they allowed what appeared people who just finished at the pool to play two groups in front of us and they not only weren’t dressed appropriately but were absolutely awful and didn’t seem to care. The foursome in front of us was frustrated as well. I called the pro shop to ask for someone to please talk with them since no ranger was to be found. I was greeted with a not so nice pr shop guy and then another guy came out and actually seemed upset with us!!
Not sure how you get the awards you get by allowing dress and awful play to go unnoticed. Disappointing

A MUST SEE!

This was an amazing course. back nine was a challenge and the views make it worth the fight to see what's on the next hole. Would defiantly play it again.

Awesome layout and amazing views

Beautiful course. In excellent condition. We played early and never had to wait. We played forward tees to enjoy the course. So we had some short Par 4s and Par 3s. Lots of fun and lots of sun. Bring your sunscreen.

Six hour round

The back nine is beautiful, but the round was six hours long, and no amount of beauty makes that acceptable. After we finished the first hole there were four groups waiting to tee off on number 2. Didn’t see a marshall until about number 14.

Memorable! A must play!

One of the most memorable courses I’ve ever played. I’ve played on some of the best courses all over the country and this one stands out.

There were two courses on my list to play while on my most recent golf trip. This course and another well known course in nearby Mesquite. This is by far the better course.

I left this course wanting to play it again. It was a great experience.

The course was in great condition and very playable for average golfers. Beautiful course start to finish!

Only negative-We teed off just before 8am and there was no beverage cart available till 10am. We were not told this prior to teeing off. That info would’ve been nice. Even when the cart became available we didn’t see the cart until around 11am. 14th hole I believe. Not too critical about a 10am start time for the cart though. Just thought a higher end course would offer this service throughout the whole day. No big deal though.

The food was pretty good. Our group enjoyed the meals we had.

Golf Advisor

One of the best in the west

Sand Hollow is quickly rocketing up my favorite courses to play. It's fair, fun and scenic with a variety of strong holes. Those four characteristics are the ones I seek every time I'm reviewing a course (along with value). I played with three long hitters who dragged me back to the 6,893-yard blues, creating perhaps the longest course I've ever played. The wide fairways and firm and fast conditions still allowed me to keep up with my more talented partners and have a good time while shooting a decent score. Kudos to the design team for the playability and the maintenance crew for the excellent conditions.
Obviously, the back nine is where Sand Hollow rises up the national rankings. The eye candy of holes 11-15 ranks among the most beautiful stretch of golf anywhere. One player made it through at even par for the first time ever, which earned him a performance bonus in the bet with his buddy. Memorable stuff.
With another nine (the Links) that's also quite good, a short course, a good restaurant, spacious accommodations with multiple pools and Mad Moose rentals for desert ATV/UTV rides right on site, Sand Hollow is one special place.

Not for Seniors

Course requires too much walking to get to greens. No restrooms.

Michigan Advisor

Gorgeous and a blast

Sand Hollow was my first desert course, and boy did it blow me away. The colors, views, and wildlife were largely unlike anything I had seen before. The golf was just as good. The outward 9 had a links feel, with wide fairways, blind shots, and visual deception. The inward 9 was a bit more flashy. Views and scale dominate your mind during the second half of the round. It played firm and fast for me. The greens were a joy to putt on and all offered their own unique challenges. I enjoyed the front slightly more just because of the quality of those golf holes, but it was a tight race. My only qualm was with the pace of play. The front nine was approaching 3 hours for me. Despite the pace, I wouldn't hesitate to come back and play this gem again.

Must play in St. George

Great day at Sand Hollow. Fun course, with several memorable holes, especially on the back nine. Course was in fabulous shape.

Staff was terrific, both inside and out. Special mention goes to the restaurant - great food and service to match the incredible views.

Washington, Utah
Washington, Utah
St George, Utah
Saint George, Utah
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The ARIA Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Angel Park Golf Club (Mountain Course) & Coyote Springs Golf Club.
SEDONA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Enchantment Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Sedona Golf Resort & Seven Canyons (Troon Privé).
SEDONA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock and 2 rounds of golf at Oakcreek Country Club & Sedona Golf Resort.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Boulders Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Troon North Golf Club Pinnacle Course, The Boulders South Course and North Course.