Year Built 2005

Bar, Cafe

Good course for high handicap and beginners

Unfortunately a lot of rain had fallen in the 2 to 3 week period prior to my playing the course . The booking process was straightforward although it should be noted that you have to also pre book if you want to use the driving range . The range has all the latest technology so is more expensive (£6) than most because of this. The course is very open so there are few opportunities to lose a ball . There are some testing holes in terms of length. The course looked well maintained. There was a practice putting and chipping green . I didn’t see a practice bunker but there is space for one . A new clubhouse building is under construction so when this is finished the off course facilities will be first class rather than basic as at the moment . My garmin didn’t work which suggests the Course layout may have been changed. The addition of yardage posts or discs in the fairway would improve matters .

Course

The fairways were in great condition and the greens considering the amount of rain recently ran very true a credit to the green staff

RIP off

When I booked this I fully realised it was a 9 hole course. It is very uclear on the site that you you are not paying 18 holes - Its actually cheaper paying for 18 holes at the course. I paid £13 pound for a "round" of golf - thinking that I was going to play 18 holes. What a surprise when I realised once I looked at my invoice that it was only for 9 holes. The booking process is not very clear at all. To make things worse if I'd paid for 18 holes , on a Saturday at the course it would have been £24. So cost per hole through the so called "hot deal" was actually more expensive ie 2 x £13 = £26. The strange thing was though - the other 2 individuals that I'd been paired up with also thought they had paid for , and were going to play a full round of golf ie 18 holes. I did contact the owner of the golf course (a very condescending individual) and the only solution that she could offer was to pay a further £16 at the club house and go round the 9 holes again. - this would have meant that I could have paid £29 for 18 holes. This course is totally miss leading the customer on what their going to get and it is certainly not a "Hot Deal" in any shape or form. - RIP off - pay at the club house its cheaper that this supposedly discounted rate!!

Perfect 9 hole course

Course was in great condition well set out and decent length for a 9 hole course and at a great price

9 holes

Great little course, only wish it was 18 holes. Good course to work if you can only spare a couple of hours, great condition. Building work going on to extend the clubhouse, should be nice when finished. Seem to be spending some money on the place, driving range very good, now using Toptracer.

Nice little course ... but

I like this course, it's a local 9 hole and offers great customer service as well as having invested heavily in Toptracer at the range and a great pitching and putting area. I understand they are also investing in better changing rooms shortly.

Staff are great and really good customer service but (and this is probably more of a negative of Golfnow than clubs) but my booking had been cancelled by someone at the club because they didn't know what the booking was. I have had this before at Truro golf club where whilst I had booking confirmation the club weren't aware of my booking for one reason or another. Anyway, when I showed my booking it was no issue but when you've booked a half day holiday it's just a hassle you can do without at the time.

The course was in good condition and I didn't mind being politely asked to play holes 5-9 twice to save the boggy 1-4 holes. Course wise it was good except for long grass on the tee boxes.

Great 9 holes

First time playing at the course and was hugely impressed with the condition of the course even with a lot of rain leading up to playing. The staff were very friendly and the food was great value and very enjoyable. Looking forward to playing there again soon.

Course

First timed played and loved it. Staff was SO friendly and welcoming and really coyld not have been nicer. The course was interesting and in excellent condition.

Not too challenging

My brother-in-law and I took our wives for their first ever round of golf here. This of course turned out to be quite a slow round and we let 4 groups through. The girls loved it and will be back which I suppose is a good thing. The course was in excellent condition and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

A very pleasant afternoon of golf

I played on a sunny Sunday afternoon with my son and we had a fantastic time. We are only weekend players and some people may not find the course very challenging but that is not the point it was just a great place to spend a couple hours. Afterwards we had a drink and a hot snack and again this was served with a smile and was excellent. We will be returning

Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire
Sevenhampton, Swindon
Highworth, Swindon
Sevenhampton, Swindon
Shrivenham, Vale of White Horse
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
DUBLIN, IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Green Hotel in Dublin City and 5 rounds of golf at County Louth, The Island, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, and K Club (Palmer North).