1.5
Learn more about becoming a member at
South Herts Golf Club - Vardon Course

Style Parkland

Year Built 1900

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Switch

Clubhouse, Lounge

Wow

I arrived having booked my round to be told that I had been put with 3 strangers - not ideal but I agreed initially as I understand that courses can get busy. The guy in the pro shop then told me that he didn't know who the 3 people were...what they looked like, where they were etc so I'm not sure how I was supposed to locate them. This told me two things.
1. He hadn't actually booked me in with them prior to my arrival as they weren't aware I was playing with them (and they had signed in)
2. He wasn't willing to locate these people even though presumably he had served them (as they had arrived before me).

He said that if I wanted to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes I could still play without the others. At this stage I decided I would like a refund (shouldn't be too difficult right?)

The pro was unable to do this. He spoke to another admin person who was also unable. THey took my details saying they would refund me. Two days later I have received no news about the refund and suspect I shall have to chase myself.

The course looked nice from the little I saw...but I have rated everything I did not get the chance to use as 3 star...I didn't see it properly after all. I would advise that in future the club look at online bookings at the beginning of the day so that others don't waste a trip. I wasted 40 minutes of driving each way and currently I even paid the club for the 'privilege'. I gave them two and a half days to contact me to resolve the situation. They have not.

Totteridge, Barnet
Arkley, Barnet
Mill Hill, Barnet
Southgate, Enfield
Hendon, Barnet
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.