Type Private
Style Parkland
St Neots Golf Course
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1890
Architect Harry Vardon (1890)

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Internet Access

Nice course, friendly and attentive staff

Played in a CAGU event yesterday and enjoyed the course for the first time and would definitely return. The reason for the review is to congratulate the staff for the welcome and service throughout the day. The lady (sorry to miss your name!) in the pro shop was very helpful on arrival and the bar staff very helpful after round.

The course is fine

Pace of play was slow , slow players did not take notice of other normal players

Lovely course

The sunny weather conditions may have been a factor however I was very impressed by the course. A fairly forgiving course & undulating in places. Well maintained with some well placed water features. Few long walks between some holes. Everyone friendly & very helpful. Played through twice so no issues with slow play. Highly recommend & looking forward to coming back.

Second time lucky (kind of)

Played here for the second time, first time round we had to give up after the 10th due to slow play (nearly 4 hours for 10 holes)
Booked a twilight hoping the course would be a bit quieter. It was and I was actually able to get all 18 holes in this time.
Unfortunately, again, slow play kind of spoiled the experience, 4 older gentlemen refusing to let anyone play through and holding up the last few groups out on the course.
Despite a couple of signs up reminding people to avoid slow play they're clearly not having much of an effect.
it seems like it's the members that let st.neots down. Real shame as It's a very nice course and the greens are excellent.
I would love to play here regularly as it's only 15 minutes away, but due to the attitude of certain members it's highly unlikely, the same reason applies why I couldn't recommend the place to a friend.

Fantastic course

Second time playing. Great course, always good to see groundsmen out whilst your playing as you know its being kept well. Best course I’ve played

Impressive course!

Amazing course with pristine greens on every hole!
Only negative is the members as we had three behind us in golf carts who were very impatient and teed off when we were in the fairway and nearly hit us.
When approached on the next hole they responded with “you were taking forever” which we weren’t.

Birthday

Very good course with some of the best greens l have come across.
The only down side of playing today was the pace of play. We were behind a slow four and at no time did they ask us to play though l hope they were not members. But this did not spoil our visit and will be returning.

Great course to play regardless of the weather conditions

I've played this course about a dozen times now. Having moved here from the state of Florida in the USA where there's a golf course everywhere you turn, this course really answers the mail. It's a very open layout into start and then presents some more challenging holes as you navigate the course. You'll play 10 holes before you end up back at the clubhouse and finish the last 8 with some holes that challenge your cub selection and approach shots. The spring and summer months here are the best times to play this course but even in the blustery winter days with swirling high winds you can get a good round of golf under your belt.

Painful....

First time playing here, the lady in the shop was very friendly and helpful, I asked if the course was busy and she said it wasn’t too bad.....hmmmmmm !
The 3 ball on the first tee asked me to play through them straight away which was very good of them. Unfortunately I needn’t have bothered as I caught up with the next group after 2 holes and hit the backlog on the course. There were 3 groups on EVERY hole.
I eventually finished the first 10 holes in 2 hours 45 minutes ! (Normally I would expect to get round 18 in 2 hours / 2 hours 30 minutes as a one ball).
I would anticipate this pace of play on a weekend In the summertime but on a Friday Morning at the end of November ?! As I had to collect my kids from school at 3pm, I couldn’t risk going any further than the 10th (and I had pretty much lost the will to live by then anyway).
I would like to complete 18 here one day as the course was fairly good (albeit a bit wet due to recent rainfall) but I’m not sure I could face enduring a 5 hour round...

Good track

Nice little course with some good thinking holes. Water comes into play on a few holes. Decent condition and friendly staff

The golf course was in excellent condition for this time of year. The only complaint was too many winter tees, considering the good condition of course. Will definitely play here again

Nice course but could do with a mow...

Nice course with some interesting holes. Really friendly staff. My only criticism would be that the grass on the fairways are longer than I would have expected and the greens also needed cutting as they were bobbly and slow... Hopefully this is just a result of a long and hard winter. Still excellent value for money and would happily go back later to have another go...

St Neots Golf Club

What to say about what should have been a nice game of golf on a private course. Unfortunately I can not say anything good about the course. Quite frankly the course itself should not have open to play. We only played 9 holes and that was enough. The greens were absolutely sodden making it impossible to putt with water all over the greens. When we went in the pro shop to complain they did not seem in the least bit worried as long as the members could get their game of golf in. That course will take months to recover so not looking to go back there anytime soon.

Interesting Course

Excellent greens but some of the fairways needed cutting and the semi rough too. This meant too long looking for balls that had just gone off of the fairway. Good service provider in pro shop where I had new spikes fitted on my golf shoes.

Short but challenging course

The course is well maintained with good greens and rough that's not too penal. It requires accurate rather than long tee shots. The par 3s were probably the highlight for me. Many of the par 4s are doglegs so being on the correct side of the fairway pays, something I repeatedly failed to do. There are some reasonable walks between holes but they are well signed.

Wyboston, Bedford
Bedford, Bedford
Sandy, Central Bedfordshire
Bourn, South Cambridgeshire
Clapham, Bedford
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).