Forsyth Golf Club

Year Built 1935
Architect W.P.A.

READ BEFORE YOU BOOK

If you book a tee time on golf now for this place. It does not matter.unless you are 5 mins late .
They are first come first service. So if I get there at 11 for a 11:15 tee time. I might still be a hour before I get to hit the Tee box. Making it at least 12 before I tee off and if you say something they say it's first come first to play. Sorry ..,. 🤷‍♂️
But if you show up 5 mins late for your Golf now Tee time. They will not honor it and tell you. It's normal price and the golf now will not be credited towards that . Or you’re out of luck . Yes people . You can be late to a tee time that does not exist. There was about 5 mins late for your Golf now Tee time. They will not honor it and tell you it’s their regular price and no refund for the money you spend on golf now . Yes people You can be late to a tee time that does not exist. There was about 5 groups on the dogtrack they have there . So it was not like me being a few mins late to a course that does not take tee times at all. Would messed them up. Yes I should have been on time. Yes that's my fault. I drove a hour and a I half to drive right back home. So if you and your buddy’s wants to get treated like 2nd class citizens. This is your course .
Just a heads up. Golf now members means nothing to them.
They just look at it for Golfnows web traffic, I rather play golf golf on concrete, then to give this course a dollar. Sorry it's so long. I golf
3-4 times a week and use Golf now ( 123 rounds to be exact ) for a lot of it . Never had a problem until with any course until this one. .

Commented on 01/19/2023

So sorry this happened to you. As you said it's your fault but since you would rather play on concrete them hit the ball back north on 75 and stay in Atlanta

Got rained out.

They do not offer rain checks. We played some holes but rain started and right after we got back to the clubhouse there were tornado warnings. Sirens going off but we were ok.

Golf now tee times DO NOT MATTER !!!

If you book a tee on golf now for this place . It does not matter . They are first come first service . So if I get there at 11 for a 11:15 tee time . I might still be a hour before I get to hit the Tee box. Making it at least 12 before I tee off and if you say something they say it’s first come first to play . Sorry ..,.🤷

But if you show up 5 mins late for your Golf now Tee time . They will not honor it and tell you. It’s normal price and the golf now will not be credited towards that . Or your out of luck . Yes people . You can be late to a tee time that does not exist . There was about 5 groups on the dogtrack they have there . So it was not like me being a few mins late to a course that does not take tee times at all . Would messed them up . Yes I should have been on time . Yes that’s my fault . I drove a hour and a l half to drive right back home. Just a heads up . Golf now members means nothing to them . They just look at it for Golfnows web traffic , I rather play golf on concrete, then to give this course a dollar. Sorry it’s so long . I golf 3-4 times a week and use Golf now for a lot of it . Never had a problem until today .

Commented on 01/19/2023

You are right golf now does not matter to the course bc they make no money for the service they get. The course does 100+ rounds a day and doesn't need you or your buddies

Excellent Value; Excellent Condition

If I lived in Forsyth I would play this course twice a week. Best value for golf I’ve had in years. Course is in tremendous condition

Decent course for the location and value.

I’m a new golfer and this course was enjoyable. Fairways were clean and the greens were taken care of. The golfcarts ran well and the staff was nice and helpful. I’ll be coming back.

Best Bang for the Buck

Course was in great shape. Greens very consistent. Staff has done a outstanding job keeping the course up.

Course superintendent!

I am the course superintendent so I will not lie to you. This is a city golf course and we have a reasonable rate. Those of you who are disappointed with opening hours; golfnow does not control that, the city does. Our greens did have weeds this winter but do not as of now. They are slow bc they are 328 bermuda not tifeagle. Fairways are very thick with no rocks. Tees were redone last year and look wonderful. We receive 100+ rounds on weekends so play is slow. Please bare with us as we continue to make it better. If there is an issue feel free to ask for me. Par5 Player is not affiliated with us!

No Tee times

This course was not bad for the cost, but the greens were in terrible condition. Also, booked tee time at 7:00am through GolfNow and the course was not open at that time and they don’t even do tee times. It is first come first serve. Was not happy about the hour I had to wait to be able to golf or the money wasted booking through GolfNow.

Commented on 06/27/2022

Greens had been aerified the week of your play. We apologize for your hour wait but golf now does not decide our business hours and we have asked them to change it. Greens are back in good shape but if you decide not to return we will be fine

Greens are terrible

Been playing this course for years and this is the worst I’ve ever seen the greens. Greens were almost perfect last summer and now they are filled with poana. They were in better shape in the winter time. Never see anybody ever working on the course even during the week. The course is great for everyday golfers but if your trying to shoot really good then this ain’t the place unless you catch the right hop on your putts.

Commented on 06/27/2022

We apologize for the greens and poa we had this year. They are back in good shape. As for your viewing of employment on course please allow us to know when you will be playing and we will be sure to accompany you throughout your round

Challenging Course W/ Great Views and Staff!

This was my first time playing this course. I was in town for work, and wanted to play a Bobby Jones course. It did not disappoint. It makes you think about your shots, and rewards you if you do. The peaceful and scenic design lets you enjoy your time, even if you’ve hit some bad shots. The only thing better was the staff. Friendly and accommodating, making the time there that much better. If you love golf as I do, I highly recommend. Cheers everyone!

For the money!

Hard to find courses in this price range that are worth playing but this one is. Struggling with Poanna in the greens but most rolled true and they are trying to get it undercontrol. Overall, the course was ok but wouldn't pay more than the current rate.

Commented on 06/27/2022

Thank you sir. We had an awful winter with poa but the green are back to normal. Please return to see us and if they are not up to your standard ask for the superintendent by name and he will take care of it

Spring Break

Course in good shape going into the spring. It’s only going to get better as the weather warms up. It’s apparent that the staff has worked hard to keep this course up during some rough weather recently.

Forsyth, Georgia
Barnesville, Georgia
Griffin, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
MONTGOMERY, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Montgomery Marriott Prattville Hotel at Capitol Hill and 3 rounds of golf at Capitol Hill Golf Club - Senator, Legislator, & Judge Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.