Kaanapali Royal Golf Course

Year Built 1962
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1962) Robin Nelson (2006)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Clubhouse, Lounge, Sauna, Jacuzzi

Group Getaways 7

Commented on 05/02/2022

Aloha and Mahalo for your 5 star rating! We’re thrilled you had a positive experience. We will be sure to let our team know as well. A Hui Hou (until we meet again)!

Commented on 05/02/2022

Aloha and Mahalo for giving us your feedback. We will be sure to let our team know you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Punched greens and nothing exciting.

I didn’t know i was paying $190 for punched greens. The wind was enough to contend with without bumpy greens. The woman in the pro shop was snotty. Not expected with what you’re charging. No one offered to clean clubs post round. Expected more from a course listed as top 3 on the island. Drove 50 minutes from the Wailea area. Disappointing.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Aloha and thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that we didn't provide you with the best experience possible. Hope you’ll give us another chance in the future. I assure you the issues you mention will be addressed with our team. Mahalo.

Good but too expensive

Its sad, faiways are ok, greens slow. Pace of play horrible. No water in the cart. Too expensive.

Commented on 04/11/2022

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to write. Here at Kaanapali Golf Courses we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We are happy to announce that after a long shipping delay, we just received 8 new water stations for the course. Your next experience here should be much more enjoyable. Mahalo.

Commented on 04/11/2022

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to write. Here at Kaanapali Golf Courses we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience. Hope to see you again in the near future. Mahalo.

Fun afternoon

Got paired with another single and we played in 3.5 hours after getting waived through on 7, teeing off just after 1. Fairways and greens in good shape, bunkers need more or new sand. Beer cart was only by once but she warned us so we loaded up. This course has some views from upper holes but it's like golfing in any residential/resort course with mostly views of houses and condos. Warning: there are more than a few non-golfers wandering through the lower holes between their rooms and beaches/shopping/etc.

Commented on 03/31/2022

Aloha and Mahalo for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your round and we will share your review with our team. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Commented on 03/16/2022

Good course

Seemed pricey for the experience - while I think the course is good - it was too much money for the experience

Commented on 02/28/2022

Aloha and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We apologize for the unusual slow day on your visit. Keeping our customers happy is our number one priority and I assure you this will be addressed. I’d hope you give us another chance in the future. Mahalo.

Fun, enjoyable afternoon of golf

Purse offer a great value for a fun course. Good value for their afternoon rounds. Course was fairly unremarkable for Hawaii but I. Good shape and pace of play was great.

Commented on 02/06/2022

Mahalo for playing Kaanapali and for taking the time to offer your feedback. We will be sure to let our team know you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon. A Hui Hou (until we meet again)!

We've played kaanapali Royal several times and love the layout. Nice wide open fairways and best greens on Maui.
Staff were great. I lost my range finder on the last hole and the staff found it.... Very helpful!

Commented on 01/27/2022

Mahalo for playing Kaanapali and for taking the time to offer your feedback and we will be sure to let our team know you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon. A hui hou (until we meet again)!

Commented on 01/27/2022

Beautiful Course on beautiful day, rental clubs banged up!

What a beautiful, well laid out course. I had such a fun round but was quite disappointed with my rental clubs given what was paid and expected. My irons were a mixed and matched set of titleist and my hybrid and 3 wood had significant dents. I will be back but I will take care and time in reviewing the set of clubs provided.

Commented on 01/27/2022

Aloha and Mahalo for your feedback. I'm happy to announce we just received our new brand new Callaway rental clubs. We hope you'll have a better experience here on your next visit. A Hui Hou (until we meet again)!

Commented on 02/06/2022

Commented on 04/15/2022

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and thank you for your positive review. We are very pleased you had a great time out here at Kaanapali golf courses. We will be sure to let our team know you enjoyed your round. We hope to see you again soon. A Hui Hou (until we meet again)!

Pro shop staff is rude

I’ve never been to a golf course with a more rude pro shop staff. Seriously, if you’re that miserable do something else. Folks who play this course are usually on vacation and are excited to be there… the staff takes the wind right out of your sails. If you book through GolfNow, expect zero accountability from the staff. I pre-paid and was told that I didn’t. The member said “they charged you, we didn’t so you have to pay the full rate”. I was on vacation and didn’t want to sour my mood so I let it go. I’ll be submitting a claim to GolfNow. Avoid this course, it’s not worth the money nor the rude staff. I won’t be coming back.

Commented on 03/16/2022

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We would love to connect with you to discuss your experience further; if you can please email me at kreul@kaanapaligolfcourses.com to connect. Mahalo!

No marshals

The views and layout are amazing. The way the course is managed is sub par - grouchy and rude. On the day we played - it was raining. We decided to play anyway. The group in front was playing horribly slow and it was impossible to play through. After asking the cart host if they could help - nothing changed. Basically a 5.5 hour round with only 4 or 5 groups on the course.

For the amount of money - play elsewhere

Commented on 01/27/2022

We’re sorry to hear that we weren’t able to provide you with the best experience possible. Thank you for your feedback! Since your review, we have required all staff members to undergo additional customer service training. Hope you’ll give us another chance in the future. Mahalo.

Golf VACAY

Had an excellent time playing the course. People were friendly. Course is in great shape. Highly recommend!

Commented on 12/13/2021

Mahalo for playing and for sharing your review. We appreciate it!

Commented on 11/24/2021

Mahalo for playing and leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Pace of play is the only thing that needs some improvement.

Wailuku, Hawaii
Paia, Hawaii
Lanai City, Hawaii
Kihei, Hawaii
Kihei, Hawaii
MAUI | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Napili Kai Beach Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Kapalua Resort Plantation Course, Kapalua Resort Bay Course & King Kamehameha Golf Club.
MAUI | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua and 3 rounds of golf at the newly refined Kapalua Resort Plantation Course, Kapalua Resort Bay Course, and King Kamehameha Golf Club.
Enjoy 9 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Mauna Lani Auberge Resorts Collection, and Timbers Kauai Ocean Club & Residences and 7 rounds of golf at Kapalua Golf Club (Plantation and Bay courses), Princeville Makai Golf Club, the Ocean Course at Hokuala and Mauna Lani Golf Club (North and South courses).
ISLAND OF HAWAII | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Mauna Lani Auberge Resorts Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Mauna Lani North and South Courses & Wikiwiki 9-hole Short Course.
ISLAND OF HAWAII | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Destination Residences Condo Rental Property and 3 rounds of golf at Mauna Lani - North & South Courses and Wikiwiki 9-hole Short Course.