Previously known as Red at Boone Creek Golf Course

Boone Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Vince Bizik (1997)

Golf School Academy Yes - "McHenry Golf Academy"

Dress code No sleeveless shirts/open heel shoes. Shirts & shoes must be worn at all times.

Thick Rough 10
9-Hole Rounds 10
Junior Golfers 10

A Sixsome? Really?

Course conditions were about what you'd expect for mid-December in northern Illinois. Greens had been recently sanded. We got through the first nine pretty easily, but when we went to make the turn, we'd found that a group of six had jumped in front of us and were in the fairway. They were loud and obnoxious, playing music and not golfing very well, so by the time we reached the tenth green their were two foursomes backed up behind us on the hole. I called the clubhouse, and "Rob", who answered the phone, thanked me and assured me that he'd take care of it? Guess what? He didn't do a dang thing and my group waited on every shot for the rest of the round. After playing the front in about an hour and forty-five minutes, it took nearly three hours to play the back, as we were treated to being spectators to the Meathead Open for the rest of the afternoon. We had two foursomes out to try the course and see if perhaps we'd be interested in buying memberships for next season, but if this is the way they go about their business out there, I doubt we'll be buying in at Boone Creek. In fact, I doubt we'll be back at all.

Commented on 12/27/2020

Hi gbarry11. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Sanded greens

Course in good shape for late in the year.. sanded greens but smooth and true as fine sand used (not granular). Able to putt with a decent read. Greens hard but tees not frozen so enjoyable day for Dec.

Commented on 12/07/2020

Hi, u7352528. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hello, u314160959594. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course.

Commented on 11/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

New trends

Last two weeks encountering groups playing speed golf over all three courses. Annoying.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160125159! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course!

Beautiful day, beautiful golf course.

Picture perfect day for golf which is a blessing in October for Illinois.

Lucked out on tee time that allowed me to play at my own pace. Seemed to get very crowded shortly after but who could blame anyone on a day like this. ..

Course was in very good condition.
What I love about this course is that you are in the middle of a natural setting. No houses, cars, noise, nothing... one of the prettiest course you'll find.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, pjsa221! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course!

Ever heard of Sand?!

Been playing Boone Creek for the past 8 years. Their fairways are always in decent condition and as well as their greens. They roll pretty true and have decent speed. The bunkers on the other hand are a nightmare. You literally are hitting out of dirt, always been that way since I started playing there so for the love of god, please put sand in your bunkers!!

Commented on 12/27/2020

Hi Kevin8551197. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/07/2020

Commented on 10/06/2020

Perfect @

Lasr few times I played I had to walk off due to pace of play.

Today was perfect. I had time to enjoy how pretty this course is.

Course was in great shape.

One of my favorite courses.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Need to keep on generous fairways or bring allot of balls

Commented on 10/06/2020

This course is well maintained with beautiful scenery.
Always look forward to plating here.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Starbucks1130! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course!

Commented on 09/28/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u507734962! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course!

Great value

Great course for the money. Staff very friendly. Good pace of play for a Sat morning.Only issue , bathrooms have to be one of the worst condition I ever have been in. I would rather have used a porta potty.
But I would definitely play again and refer it to a friend.

Commented on 10/21/2020

Commented on 09/28/2020

Great course for the money. Bathroom need alot of help. I like the layout. Greens, tee boxes & fairways in great condition.

Range / Website

Went to purchase medium bucket range balls. Charged $7. Website says $6. Brought it up to person at desk. “Yeah, I guess that website is a few years old. It’s $7 now. Didn’t hive me the $6 price! Terrible. Service. Kid wanted nothing to do with it! UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE!! Will never be back!

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi, Birdies72. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course.

About as backed up as I have ever seen it.

Love the course but when you are backed up 3 to tee???? Just takes all the fun out of playing golf. What's the point of setting up a tee time?

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello, pjsa221. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Always good

Even with all the rain the course was very playable with minimum standing water. I walked 18 so I viewed most of the course

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, William3359393! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Boone Creek Golf Club - Prairie Course!

Valid dates: Dec 26, 2019 - Oct 18, 2020