1.7

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover
Dress code Casual

Beverage Carts

Sexist

As I am reading the reviews yes the course is so so challenging, the greens suck for a country club. They are camo. Not well kept . Again women's tee book was not well kept unless they were a couple yards from the men's which was basically most of them.
One hole had the green in the fairway, what? I've been playing about 10 years and have been all over, worst experience ever and it's basically in my backyard.

Sexist

Got married here 5 years ago if I knew what I know now, would never have. " Men Day" Wednesdays, are you kidding me, it's 2021. Back in the day fine, but today? Then the ranger asked if we knew where we were going, I said yes your scorecard is great I can read a map. He said "wow the first time he heard women actually knows north, west, south, east." Are you kidding me again. We've been to many country clubs and collared shirts for women have never been a rule, golf shirt yes, no denim yes but my SIL had to feel degraded by a bunch of 14-15 year olds. Teaching them sexism young I see. Men only day Wednesday. I have never felt so unwanted. I'm a proud American women, never have I ever felt less worthy than today at McHenry Country Club

Won't play here again

Played with my business partner and his girlfriend for his birthday. Had another golfer come up to us to tell my friends Girlfriend she needed to cover up her gold dress and then she put on another shirt at the turn (one in which she has worn at numerous other, much more prestigious courses, Whistling Straits for one) and the starter drove out and told her she needed to change because someone tattled. Meanwhile another lady had the exact same shirt on and no one had any issue with that her. Seems like they don't want the public to play their course.

Commented on 05/17/2021

Hello, u000005379121. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please reach out to our management team at {{business_phone_number}, and thank you for choosing McHenry Country Club. We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 11/05/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

We used to be members of this CC but left years ago. Looking forward to returning to our old CC, we were greeted by the Starter who made us feel a little unwelcome. Would not let us use the Practice range which I thought was a little over the top. Pointed us to a Net for practice.

They advertised becoming a member there which really looked attractive but this treatment could influence our decision.

Other than that, the course was in great shape, challenging and lighting fast greens. The inside lounge was beautiful! Nice upgrade from when we were there. I would consider being a member next year under the "Buddy" System. Thanks.

Excellent Course

The course was in excellent condition and played well, especially considering the rain during the course of the week. They do a good job in spacing tee times. I like having the practice area right across from the 1st tee box.

Commented on 10/02/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 10/02/2020

Private course to members only. played this year using Golf Now

I learned the hard way. private club must wear collar shirt and slacks or golf shorts. You could wear rain pants.read fine print. Club house was vary nice to me considering I was not club member. After 9 holes following a 5 some who would not let me passed. I felt like an outsider. Club members benefits I guess. I decided to jumped around to other holes. not fun but great practice. Thanks to Mchenry golf club for giving me experience to play a private club..wish I could have played all 18 holes.

Pleasent old course

Had a very enjoyable round on this old beauty. Staff was nice and accommodating. We played after a significant rain storm so course was wet but very scoreable. I would definitely play again. Greens very quick. Fairway fair. Rough was full of weeds so stay out of rough! Even sand traps were in great shape.

Previously Private Course Open to Public

Gave this course a try. Very old private course that was open recently to the public for play.
Greens were very nice. Alcohol inside and at the halfway house was way overpriced. Also the
halfway house needs some serious updating, especially the bathrooms.
No driving range only a driving net. No rakes in the carts or traps (covid-19), but the flags are in?
For a an old private course, it surely needs a lot of updating.

Commented on 09/07/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

covid golf

Not sure if I want to become a member. have to find nice people to play with. otherwise I would think this is a very busy course.

Commented on 09/07/2020

Commented on 08/24/2020

Commented on 08/24/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Lester! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Great course, staff has issues

First off the course is great. The greens and fairways well maintained. A lot of dog legs. My wife and I played on a hot day. Unfortunately the staff was not nearly as good as the course. The man and women in the pro shop very short with us and rude. The young bartender, Erin, was very nice. No beverage cart and the half way house was closed.......on a 85 degree day at 2:30 pm on a busy Saturday. The rude man in the club house had told us it would be open. We play over a hundred rounds each year all over and the course is a great value, but unfortunately a few unpleasant people, we wont go back

Commented on 08/11/2020

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to wow you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Commented on 08/11/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please as reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Wonderful Day!

I have never played here before and was pleasantly surprised. The course was wonderful, definitely country club conditions. The greens were fast and fairways were in great shape. We even stayed for a nice dinner on the outdoor patio. All in all a fantastic day. We will definitely be back and will be looking into membership opportunities for next year.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing McHenry Country Club!

Great experience

First off, The staff is amazing and the course was in great condition. I was ready for the icy green... they play super fast. The only flaw is the layout, which does not make sense, such as laying up off the tee on a couple par 5s or a back to back par 3. But I would love to play it again knowing what I know about the course

Commented on 08/19/2020

Thank you for your feedback on the course, Nathan! We hope to see you again soon, now that you've seen the layout and some of its challenges!

Great course very well maintained. Just be careful you are opening tooo many tee slots to the public. I thought this course was private....

Commented on 08/19/2020

Thank you for your feedback.

Volo, Illinois
Lakemoor, Illinois
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Grayslake, Illinois
Cary, Illinois
Fox Lake, Illinois
Woodstock, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Boyne's Highlands or Mountain resorts with the option to play 18 or 36 holes of golf of your choice between five Boyne golf courses.