Type Private
McHenry Country Club

Year Built 1922

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover
Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times (no denim). This includes collared shirts and sleeves for men, collar or sleeved shirts for women. Regulation pants/shorts, skirts, dresses and shoes must commensurate with the golf industry.

Beverage Carts

Commented on 09/06/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, rjbialk! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing McHenry Country Club!

Commented on 08/22/2022

illinoisroofer, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing McHenry Country Club.

Commented on 08/16/2022

Nick9182628, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing McHenry Country Club.

Commented on 08/12/2022

Hi, Joe8489307. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at McHenry Country Club!

Shouldn't be called a country club

Most confusing round I've played. Lack of signage to holes, paths are all broken up and atrocious to drive on, fringe was high as rough and rough was about 8 inches high... lost too many balls to good shots. Also, sprinklers turned on in the middle of our round and everything was soaked. Not worth the money and this place should change its name to a public course.

Commented on 07/06/2022

Hello, u190475706. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Matthew6694550! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing McHenry Country Club!

Good Course; not worth the $$$

McHenry is a good course. Manicured and well maintained. Fairways and greens were true and fast. That said, rough was a bit long, very difficult to find balls.
I'm sure the members enjoy the course and off-course amenities. Non-members cannot use the beautiful driving range, I may have missed that in the Golf-Now description, probably my bad.
Played on a beautiful Friday afternoon in 3 hours. I voted yes for a recommendation, but I probably wouldn't play again. I play a couple of times a week and many courses in area are as nice or nicer and not as expensive.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hello, bgbadcoach. Thank you for visiting us at McHenry Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Average

Average is a good description of McHenry CC. However it was early in the year.
Greens and sand traps were very good.

Commented on 05/16/2022

Hi, larryfalk! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at McHenry Country Club!

Great conditions

Golf course was in excellent shape! Not many folks around and staff that was there were very friendly. Considering membership I enjoyed it so much.

Commented on 11/04/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing McHenry Country Club.

Wonderful

If you get the opportunity to play mchenry cc... go do it and enjoy the classic old style layout and design.
Theeeeee best Green I've played all year.
Keep it between the tree line. Keep your putter on smooth and easy... you'll come away saying. IM COMING BACK.
Treat yourself
Play mchenry cc

Commented on 11/01/2022

Hello, JAMES3766120. Thank you for visiting us at McHenry Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/10/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing McHenry Country Club!

Great greens

Greens roll true and are great. Hole 2 is a gimmick hole with trees lining middle of the fairway , but other than that great maintained course . Did I mention the greens roll like glass.

Commented on 06/08/2022

Hi, u033490197. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing McHenry Country Club.

Average Overall Experience

Greens and fairways were nice, fringe and ruff were extremely long and hard to play out of. Pro shop was nice and attendants were attentive. I was a solo player and was backed up behind 2 groups of 2 - waited on every hole at least 10 minutes. Felt like for the money it would have been a little better experience but would give it another shot.

Commented on 06/08/2022

Hi, JDurante20! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at McHenry Country Club!

Commented on 10/01/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162237823! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing McHenry Country Club!

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hi, rsreining. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at McHenry Country Club!

Commented on 09/23/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at McHenry Country Club!

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hi, RobertSherman1. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at McHenry Country Club!

A lot pricy

Simple review: Would I golf here again? Yes.
For $90? No!
I like the course. Some sweeping fairways. Great greens. The bunkers were well manicured.
It’s a private course transitioning to public golf. Strange anamoly… they have a driving range. “For members only”. Way to make me feel less welcome.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello, james1617510. Thank you for visiting us at McHenry Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Older Layout stands up

Older course that stands upwell.
Some of the best greens in the area are the courses primary defense. Fast but true roll caught some off guard.
Not a long course, except the most of the Par 3's.
Nice track, I'll be back to.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hi, nowibo772. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at McHenry Country Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 08/02/2021

Hi, u000007306864. We would love to hear more about your 5-star experience on our course and thanks for golfing at McHenry Country Club!

Volo, Illinois
Lakemoor, Illinois
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Grayslake, Illinois
Cary, Illinois
Fox Lake, Illinois
Woodstock, Illinois
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).