View of the 18th hole from Shepherd's Crook Golf Course

Style Links
Shepherd's Crook Golf Course

Year Built 1999
Architect Keith Foster (1999) Kevin Hargrave (1999)

Golf Simulator Yes

Thick Rough 14

Playing Shepherds Crook in wet condition

Despite the wet conditions and the 90 degree cart rule, both of us enjoyed playing the course. As wet as it was, the fairways and greens were in excellent condition. Will definitely play it again under sunny and drier condition. Excellent maintenance job by the ground crew.

Always awesome

Always has been a nice course, just was absolutely soaked. But that isn't anyone's fault.

Commented on 10/14/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Shepherd's Crook Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Shepherd's Crook Golf Course!

Commented on 10/11/2021

Great golf course

If you like link style golf, you’ll love this course. Course is in excellent condition considering its the end of the year. The greens are challenging and difficult. Staff are great! Fun course if you know where to place the ball.

Commented on 10/08/2021

Worth the drive

I live 58 miles away. This is the 10th time I have played here this year, enough said

Great layout, course confirms are always great

Greens were a little firm but with no rain and low humidity over the past few weeks was to be expected. I prefer these conditions

I play here about twice a month

You will not be disappointed
As a reference here are the course I play and this course is right up there
Makray
Foxford hills
Chalet hills
The preserve
Schaumburg

As I said worth the drive

Commented on 09/30/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Shepherd's Crook Golf Course.

Commented on 09/21/2021

Commented on 09/20/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Shepherd's Crook Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great layout

Fun course with great conditions.
Greens are in good shape, if only some hackers would fix their ball marks. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.
One of the better tracks in Lake County.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Nice Links Course

One of the few links style courses in northern Illinois. Nice welcome change of pace from other traditional courses. I would play it again.

Commented on 09/20/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shepherd's Crook Golf Course.

Fun course

The Crook is a fun place to play with generous fairways, but challenging greens with well placed fairway bunkers. It’s a parkland design, which means it’s a mix of links with municipal course style. One of the best courses in the area for the value. Greens and fairways well maintained as well.

Enjoyed another round at the crook!

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hello, We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Shepherd's Crook Golf Course!

So fun and challenging

Such a well kept course. Perfect shape and greens are so challenging. Must have good position on the green to two put.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Shepherd's Crook Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 09/01/2021

Hi, we would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Shepherd's Crook Golf Course!

I am a regular at the course and I’ve always enjoyed my round. The course is maintained in excellent condition and it offers tee boxes to challenge all, levels of golfers. Pace of play is always very good. On average you can complete 18 in 4 hours to 4.5 max 99% of the time. Clubhouse has added a very nice patio with great views of 9 & 18 as well as a few of the back nine holes. Food is good with sufficient choices if you want to eat during or after a round. Nice selection of beers and other beverages as well. It’s just a nice place to play a friendly round of golf at a reasonable price. I’ve played Bonnie Brook and Thunderhawk nearby and while both are nice, neither beats the layout at the Crook. If you haven’t played it and enjoy golf your missing out. Give it a try.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Great course for all skill levels

Course is well maintained. Fairways & greens in excellent condition. Pace of play was very good. Nice clubhouse for a public course with nice patio area with good food choices as well. This is my favorite course in the area. If you’ve not played this course and you enjoy golf, you should definitely give it a try.

Commented on 08/27/2021

Commented on 09/01/2021

Commented on 08/25/2021

What a great course but it’s basically In Wisconsin.

It’s an awesome golf course. Lots of trouble to be found within Errant shot. Lots of forest carries off the Teebox and lots of fast grade greens. Even with 5 inches of rain yesterday we still got to have carts off the path. It was a great round we didn’t have to wait at all, I would definitely play it again

Commented on 08/11/2021

Excellent course, even under severe drought

I have played this course many times and it is always extremely well maintained. The fairways are closely mown and the greens are fast and true. Southeast Wisconsin has been under severe drought conditions for the last few weeks and the course was affected today, like all courses in the area. Even given that it was still played very well and the greens were still great. There is no driving range but the clubhouse is very nice, the food and beverages are good, and they recently completed work on a huge addition to their outdoor patio, which is a wonderful place to enjoy a beverage and watch the golfers play up to the greens on numbers 9 and 18...

Commented on 08/09/2021

Waukegan, Illinois
Waukegan, Illinois
4.2036411765
Bristol, Wisconsin
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.