Hickory Sticks Golf Club

Year Built 1998

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Thank you for your 4-star review, l2ski2002! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Always a pleasure to play here. Not a easy course. And you can’t walk it. Unless your an iron man or woman..
Greens are always in great condition and the rest is always in really good condition even in mid summer.
Some holes like 3 have awesome views. Highly recommended

Commented on 09/15/2020

Thank you for your kind 4-star review and recommendation, u797632874! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Thank you for your 4-star review, u314160689249! We're glad you enjoyed your round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club!

Commented on 09/01/2020

Thank you for your 4-star review, u5641311! We're glad you enjoyed your round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club!

Hickory Sticks

Very nice course. I certainly play again. Excellent staff. Course is in great condition!!! They hosted a golf outing today so pace of play was extremely slow. We played 9 holes in 2:15. We called it quits after that and didn’t finish the back 9. Call ahead to avoid this the golf outings.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi MarkKrummen, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4 stars. As we aim for a 5-star experience, we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements and apologize for any inconvenience with our outing. Thank you for playing Hickory Sticks Golf Club, and we hope to have you back for an even better round soon!

Commented on 08/18/2020

We're so glad to see you enjoyed your last round, caca53! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun course

Very nice and challenging course. Always enjoy playing here

Commented on 08/18/2020

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your last round with us, Cats12! We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Luke4642058, thank you for your 4-star review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great golf experience. Thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160501159! We're glad you enjoyed your last round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi Malkin, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved golf experience soon.

Enjoyed First Time & Scenic Views

My son & I played the scenic course with various elevation changes and water to make things interesting. Overall the greens in great shape and the fairways pretty good for hot weather. We really enjoyed our time today and will play again at Hickory Sticks.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 5-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Very Enjoyable

The course layout present some really fun and challenging holes. The course is in overall quality shape, but the greens are fantastic. Very well maintained, roll true, and you definitely want to play below the hole. Looking forward to playing the course again soon!

Commented on 07/13/2020

u009296780, thank you for your kind words and 4-star review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great golf experience. Thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Mark3066944, thank you for your 5-star review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating, u226329809! We're so glad to see you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Great Course and scenery

I was very pleased with the course itself, however, GolfNow has made the process almost near impossible. Try fixing your app & website, maybe let me talk to an actual representative instead of a voice automated machine. I’ve had the GolfNow app for a few years but all of a sudden it wants to log me out of my account, no problem I tried using my email to make a new one, it said it was already in use... I then press forgot my password (more than 40 times) it said they would email me a link to change it. I tried doing that more than 10 times a day leading up to my tee time/date. Not once did I receive a single email in any folder. I tried calling several times and not once did it help in the slightest bit. The course was $40 a round, I paid for me and one other person so they almost made me lose out on $85 (app “convenience” fee, ironic lol). But instead due to how terrible your app is I couldn’t even get a rain check using my confirmation number that I saved from when I purchased it. It was a fantastic course, unfortunately I had to play through it during one of the rainiest downpours golf has ever seen

Commented on 06/30/2020

Hi Cudlife420, we appreciate you reviewing the course. However, let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round online. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create a better experience by using your comments for guidance. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 to address your concerns further, receive your raincheck, and provide your feedback. Please have your account email address and confirmation number handy. We hope to have you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club for a much better round soon.

Cut into the hills!

Sneaky long from the tips at 6100 yards. Nice layout that runs through the hills near the Ohio River. Many elevation changes on many holes. Would definitely come back and play it again. Downside is the could use a ranger. We got stuck behind a large group of college kids. Excessive drinking led to empty beer cans left on tee boxes and yelling throughout the round. Dropping F-Bombs where you could hear them 3 holes away. No common courtesy to let faster player through because they wanted to stay with their buddies.

Commented on 06/15/2020

Bill3423471, thank you for the 4-star review and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the course, however, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused by other players on the course during your round. We truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention as our staff is committed to ensuring a positive golf experience for all of our guests. Your feedback has been escalated appropriately and we hope to welcome you back to Hickory Sticks Golf Club for an even better round soon.

Up and Down

Elevation changes are what make this course a challenge.
This makes some holes very gettable if your drive is right. Greens are good and fairways are good.

I like this course, but...

So, the people running the course are friendly, the course is in pretty good shape, etc....
The problem is not that its a bad course...My problem is when you book a tee time through golfnow, and then when you show up early and ask if you are/were paired up with other players and the reply is that they have already checked in and there are no players in sight leaving me to play on a crowded course as a single, when you should've been in a group of 3-4, kinda sux. The play was ultimately not slow, but playing as a single was behind multiple 3-4somes forced me to wait and wait and wait. I guess what I am saying is this: Get a starter or learn to manage a tee sheet. Other than that, the course is a fun one.

Course was in great shape very hilly and kinda tough.......

Commented on 06/09/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating and feedback, Carl9968474! We're glad you enjoyed your last round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Course layout

The course was awesome, we had 2 issues where 2 different groups decided to play a group of six players, which made it for a slow day. Both times I called the front desk. I am just confused on how they were able to register a group of 6 at a time.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u314160070715. However, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience may have been affected by other players on the course. Unfortunately, it's likely that large groups checked in all at once and were instructed to play 2 threesomes, but later joined together on the course. Your feedback is valuable to our staff for any potential improvements in enforcing our policies, but we appreciate your patience & understanding. We hope to welcome you back to Hickory Sticks Golf Club for an even better golf experience soon!

California, Kentucky