View of a green at Pilgrim's Run Golf Club

Pilgrim's Run Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Fairways Dominate Creeping Bent Grass
Greens Dominate Creeping Bent Grass
Architect Mike DeVries (1998)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 10

Excellent weather

Great course, like a private country club setting

Pilgrim's Run is a gem. The club house is nice, the range great and the very large putting green nice. We were one of the few players on the course and it has a country club feeling. You hardly ever see the other golfers even on a crowded day because the holes are tree lined. I recommend this gem to anyone, but it is a bit challenging, but fair and fun.

Very nice course and great value for money

Played for first time (9 handicap). Very nice course, greens are rolling at a good pace. Lots of tee options for people to choose which is great and practice area is great for early round practice. Would definitely play the course again. The rough is long and thick so can be penal if missing lots of fairways. Played the white tees and a good challenge. Definitely more of a second shot and putting course if you want to score well.

Getting old

I wish the course would try to do more about improving the pace of play. I don't expect three hour rounds on a busy Saturday but the five hour 45 minute round we suffered through was ridiculous. Didn't see a.single player assistant until the 17th hole and he was clueless. This is not a once in a while thing anymore. Because of this they have slipped out of my number 1 choice of places to play. It's a shame.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Pilgrim's Run Golf Club!

My golf

Best West Michigan has to offer for the public golfer.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Worth the Trip

Best course I've played all year, especially for the value. Free range balls with the cart, starter to keep things moving, ok pace of play @4:20. Great shape, not tricked up, excellent visual lines to landing areas, tough greens but fair, rough is not too penal....very enjoyable.

Commented on 07/26/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Pilgrim's Run Golf Club!

Hidden Gem

Great course in the middle of nowhere! I would definitely go back when in the area. Best driving range in a while. Played the Blue/White combo tees and was challenging.

Commented on 07/14/2021

Jay, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club.

Wife Loved the course

My wife is playing more golf these days and so I treated her to a round at Pilgrims Run today. She loved it and is looking forward to playing it again.
We are in our 70s and retired and everything was great. Tees, fairways and greens were in great shape especially considering that there had been almost constant rain in the prior days.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Just a Classy Course

This course is very secluded. Greens and fairways are in excellent condition. Bunkers abound with some of them being very deep. Green fee includes a bucket of balls to use on the range so come early. Best course within 75 miles and definitely worth the drive.

Commented on 06/30/2021

Hi! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club.

Great course, poor etiquette

Great rate, great layout, good condition (greens a little bumpy). Pace of play was ok, waited on just about every hole, but made it through nine in just over two hours. The main problem was the group behind us was very loud. They pulled up to our tee box on the first hole and continued to have a full volume discussion during all of our drives. This continued through out the round and affected at least eight to ten shots including approach shots when they were so loud from the tee box it was disturbing from 200 yards away. Yeah I let it get in my head. To me the quality of course deserves a better experience. I’m not sure if this is pc anymore, but it seemed a little red neck out there. Northern Michigan has so many great options. I’ll bypass this one next time.

Commented on 06/21/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Pilgrim's Run Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Very Slow Pace of play

This was my first time playing Pilgrims Run. My tee time started at 1:50 but teed off at 1:40. Our round didn;t end until 6:50!!!!!!! That is an unbelievably slow place. Thye had workers cart around the course and didn't notice a 6-some in front of us or bother to tell them to split up. I am very disappointed that this round took up most all of my day, as I was scheduled to play just by myself. Vyer aggrevating.

Commented on 06/21/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences! Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club!

Commented on 06/16/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club!

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club!

Amazingly beautiful course!

One of most beautiful courses we have played. It was cold and windy but the course is picturesque. Staff was wonderful... Even provided their person al gold blanket due to the weather conditions. Absolutely recommend.

Commented on 05/31/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club.

Phenomenal Golf

Course condition was incredible. Greens and fairways were very well maintained. Course layout was awesome. I was extremely impressed, and I will be holding here again in the future.

Love this course!

I live in GR but the drive is totally worth it. This course never disappoints, it's always in great shape and ready to play. It's a fun/challenging course with a few risk/reward holes. I like the blue/white tee combination as well.

Pierson, Michigan
Newaygo, Michigan
Stanwood, Michigan
Ravenna, Michigan
Comstock Park, Michigan
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.