Type Public/Municipal

Previously known as Detwiler Golf Club

Detwiler Park Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Architect Arthur Hills (1971)

Dress code Shirts with sleeves, tailored mid-length shorts, denim or jean material of any type is permitted.

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Good course

Good course layout. Teeing grounds need work. Deep divots on most tee grounds. Course could use a little more maintenance, ie tree branches hanging down onto cart paths. We ( a 2-some) started off on the front 9 the same time a men’s league started on the back 9. We caught up with them on hole 12. These gentlemen were extremely slow. But considering that this is a municipal course, it was to be expected. For the price, it’s nice.

Commented on 06/17/2021

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Detwiler Park Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Improved

The course is definitely made strides in the right direction and better than it has been in the last 2 years. If they can continue to make improvements, then this could be one of best public golf courses again in Toledo the area.

Early round.

First of all I appreciate the owners effort to revive this course. It was cloudy with a chance of rain. It had rained the day before and only one hole had a cart path restriction. The fairways were very spotty in places, and all the tee boxes needed mowing. The rough was thick, wet, and long. I wasn't expecting superb conditions nor was I expecting the early season price tag of 41$. It could be worth the price later in the year with better planning and maintenance.

Commented on 04/13/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Detwiler Park Golf Course!

Great course layout. Looks like they had some vandalism in the green since last season which is really sad that someone would destroy the greens which used to be the best feature of the course. $38 for a round on a Monday morning is really steep for the condition of the course. Can play pristine courses in the area.

Great course!

First time playing. Beautiful November day and the course was in fantastic shape. The clubhouse is ok but I didn’t come for that. Greens were in fantastic shape and the fairways were wide and forgiving. I will definitely come back.

Commented on 10/23/2020

Hello, we appreciate your review. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks again for the feedback!

Played Detwiler since it first opened

I have played this course since it originally opened. It has seen many changes. It really fell on hard times when the prior owner ran it down. Currently I see a good effort to restore it. It has the character of a great track.
I thought I saw great progress until Late July. The fairways became burned out. It appeared they weren’t being watered. The area around the greens were good. I hope this is addressed and I can play the Detwiler I remembered.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have projects underway to recover the course conditions. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Detwiler Park Golf Course.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Golf now changed date of play after I paid

Did not Golf, booked Saturday and then they confirmed me for Friday. I have no idea how to contact to get my money back.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Hello and thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course.

Commented on 08/16/2020

I suggest contacting GolfNow there should be a customer service phone number and email address in the confirmation email.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello, Adam. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Nice place for average golfers

I was a regular there for a year until they raised senior rate from 15. to 18 for nine holes. Across street at Bayview is only 10 for twelve holes with cart. Went the other day and fairways have lot of damage but greens are good

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 07/21/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? Please know that we take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course.

Better than years past

The course itself was in much better shape than the last few years. Few of the fairways were a little rough and bumpy. Slight undulation in the greens and very tough pin placements make it a poor putter's nightmare. Overall worth the $15 hot deal. I'll be back this year.

Great to come back

1st time playing here in a long time. Course is in great shape even better than I remember. Not very challenging if you are good but I haven't played in years and had a great time.

Oregon, Ohio
Temperance, Michigan
Oregon, Ohio
Temperance, Michigan
Lambertville, Michigan
Lambertville, Michigan
Curtice, Ohio
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.