Type Public/Municipal

Previously known as Detwiler Golf Club

Detwiler Park Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Architect Arthur Hills (1971)

Dress code Shirts with sleeves, tailored mid-length shorts, denim or jean material of any type is permitted.

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Detwiler 9/18/21

Love the layout but is the 1st time playing Detwiler in 2 years since prior management let the course deteriorate. Greens rolled true but were not overly fast. Normally, I don't worry about the condition of the tee boxes because your on a tee. However, today they were almost unplayable with almost no grass, uneven with huge divot holes. Fairways were playable but the rough looked like skunks were digging all over the course. lost 2 balls in the rough due to leaves completely covering the rough. They have let a tree limb on #7 grow across 1/2 he teeing area. Looks as though its not being maintained. Will not play again until I hear the course is back to its old shape.

Commented on 09/21/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Fall Weather Hurts Good shots lol

This is one of toledos best courses, both from a design and maintenance standpoint. The ONLY issue was no one seemed to tend to the leaves which makes finding even the best hit balls on a par 5 hard to find.

Good course

Good course layout. Teeing grounds need work. Deep divots on most tee grounds. Course could use a little more maintenance, ie tree branches hanging down onto cart paths. We ( a 2-some) started off on the front 9 the same time a men’s league started on the back 9. We caught up with them on hole 12. These gentlemen were extremely slow. But considering that this is a municipal course, it was to be expected. For the price, it’s nice.

Commented on 06/17/2021

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Detwiler Park Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Improved

The course is definitely made strides in the right direction and better than it has been in the last 2 years. If they can continue to make improvements, then this could be one of best public golf courses again in Toledo the area.

Early round.

First of all I appreciate the owners effort to revive this course. It was cloudy with a chance of rain. It had rained the day before and only one hole had a cart path restriction. The fairways were very spotty in places, and all the tee boxes needed mowing. The rough was thick, wet, and long. I wasn't expecting superb conditions nor was I expecting the early season price tag of 41$. It could be worth the price later in the year with better planning and maintenance.

Commented on 04/13/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Detwiler Park Golf Course!

course is a joke

worst tee boxes ive ever seen, i can go without grass on the tees but derp divots unlevel tees u slip n slide every tee shot, they never heard of top dressing their tees let alone moving the markers, cant tell the difference between the fairways and the rough, the greens were ok very slow but rolled ok, would not waste my time playing here again

Commented on 09/22/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

A good course to test out your new clubs

It’s been two weeks since our last league game here. I’ve purchased some new clubs these days to prepare for the next season. After practicing my new clubs on the driving range for several times, I decided to play a sole game this afternoon.

I arrived the golf course 10 minutes earlier than my booked tee time, and the course manager suggested me play back 9 since there’s a team of 4 just went out at front 9.

Surprisingly enough, the course was not busy at all in such a wonderful afternoon, so I decided to enjoy the weather and take my time to test out all the new clubs, and I am super happy with the results.

If the schedule permits, I will try to play the front 9 this weekend, so I can get 18 holes to evaluate my handicap, and hopefully the course won’t be too busy at that time. Fingers crossed.

Good established course ...

Greens were large and rolled well. Par 3's were challenging. Overall good value, for us average golfers.

Very good deal and good pace of play

Got this for about $25 on a hot deal, for that price it was a fantastic value. Played 18 by myself in a cart in under 3 hours. Greens don’t roll the smoothest but overall solid course and wide open scenic layout.

Lot better than last year

Some of the tee boxes bred attention. They've grown grass in the places that were bald last year.

Great course layout. Looks like they had some vandalism in the green since last season which is really sad that someone would destroy the greens which used to be the best feature of the course. $38 for a round on a Monday morning is really steep for the condition of the course. Can play pristine courses in the area.

Great course!

First time playing. Beautiful November day and the course was in fantastic shape. The clubhouse is ok but I didn’t come for that. Greens were in fantastic shape and the fairways were wide and forgiving. I will definitely come back.

Oregon, Ohio
Temperance, Michigan
Oregon, Ohio
Temperance, Michigan
Lambertville, Michigan
Lambertville, Michigan
Curtice, Ohio
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.