Ford's Colony Country Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Dan Maples (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy at Ford's Colony Country Club"
Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No blue jeans, cut-offs, tee shirts or tank tops.

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 7

Nice layout. Needs water

Course layout was great. However the grass was not well grown through fairways and rough Greens were OK then just been Verde cut. Rolled well however.

Commented on 05/10/2021

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ford's Colony Country Club.

Commented on 05/06/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Ford's Colony Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Early season

Courses needed the grass grow in considerably. Early in the season. Bag staff were very friendly at the beginning. Pro shop attendant was a little bit of a grumpy old man. Pace of play was good for first line then ran into a big group after that. Well looks good. Club amenities are decent.

Commented on 05/05/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Ford's Colony Country Club!

ABSOLUTELY AWFUL

Where is there to even start about this place!!! I hope your ready to read the truth first of all. We were members, key word were. Ok, starting off with the range we get to the course and it’s always close like what the heck. Apparently they close early most of the days. My golf game doesn’t wait for the range to constantly be closed. The range also has mats so you get there thinking your gonna do good but then you just suck. The balls are also crap with cracks in them too. The range dispenser is also missing balls sometimes. If you just want to go to the range you have to walk down a hill. No thanks, I’m not about to fall down a hill just trying to go to an awful range. There’s so much more but I forget some of it because I dont wanna develop a brain tumor over this place. “Murdoch’s,” or should I say awful service. The service is awful and there always closed. II was signed up for the text messages about food. Carlas breakfast from like 11-5. Pad thia pizza, Philly cheesesteak pizza, just ew. Service is awful. The people are rude most of the times. Now the golf course….. where do I start. There’s three courses none of them are worth your time or money. Marsh hawk is an invitation for slowness. Blackheath is an invitation for wetness. Blue heron is also very slow. The courses are in awful condition I don’t even think there’s anyone in charge based off of what I can tell. All the courses are soaking wet, I went there with white shoes turned out they were brown by the end. If your willing to spend around 4 hours playing 9 holes this is the place for you. Not willing to mention that this place is ranked green as a clupcore standing. Green is one of the worsts just for references of how bad it is. You always will get behind slow people as well. There’s always people doing something outside of their house so it’s not a vey peaceful environment. This place is outrageous slow and pricey for what your getting. The carts are also super slow. Speaking about carts your not allowed to bring your cart into the lot because it’s against rules. The club house is also always close. If your thinking about playing a game after work it’s closes at like 5 pm. This experience was not it and would not recommend it either. The ground is soaking wet. Confused on how they don’t have draining??? The whole golf course employees need to be fired. Not sure how there still in business probably from fools that go here. Some of the courses are fun but not worth the conditions. Holes are everywhere. Always building new homes. Please do not go here I recommend Kingsmill, Williamsburg Country Club, Golden Horseshoe; Williamsburg National, Kisiask. These courses are very fun and not in the bad conditions like this place. I don’t think I’m the only one that sees all these flaws either because apparently there’s a rumor that they loose a lot of members each month. Don’t go here I’m warning you.

Commented on 05/13/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Much to be desired

I have played the course (Blue Heron) several times in the past and would rate the entire experience at a 3 out of 10. The management should shut down 1 of 3 courses in rotation and get the crews busy working on bunkers drainage, and patch cart paths. Attitude of the cart manager , as a first impression, was pitiful. I know the weather has been wet, but after all these decades, it would seem the efforts to deal with this over each 12 months would have some consistency. Money and time wasted.

Commented on 04/28/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 04/27/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Blue Heron course - terrible fairways, nice greens

Fairways were full of annual bluegrass. Clustered so thick in some places it was impossible to tell the fairway from the rough. Not just one or two fairways almost every one. I have played this course several times in the past and have never seen the fairways in this shape. On the other hand, all the greens were nice. Firm and consistent.

Commented on 04/22/2021

Fords Colony

Recently played Fords Colony Blue Heron Course
And for the price 70 dollars with fees..
The Course was in pretty poor shape..
The First tee box was tore up..
The fairways were bad.. not a good lie to be found..
The sand traps were hit and miss.
The greens were good..kinda fast but good.
I have played here several times and it has went down hill.. I just expect more for the money

Commented on 04/21/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

White Tee boxes s little beat up, but overall a nice test of golf; water, sand, rolling fairways.

Commented on 04/19/2021

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

NOT WORTH THE $$$$

The Blue Heron course at Ford's Colony Country club is one of 3 courses at the complex. It is a very big disappointment. It is in terrible shape. Tee boxes are worn and the course had many patchy areas in the fairways. They have had a lot of rain in the past 6 months but the look like they don't invest in upkeep. Many of the carts paths were broken up, and muddy.

The greens were in decent shape.
This course is NOT worth $81. I won't be playing here again.

And this has soured me on the prospect of joining Ford's Colony country club. I and my partner are looking for a club in Williamsburg. This will NOT be the one we choose.

Commented on 04/20/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Commented on 04/09/2021

Booked Black Heath course with golf now and they squeezed me into a tee time on the marsh hawk course. Explanation was not clear will not return to this course

Commented on 03/30/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the confusion with your tee time and that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We would love the chance to try and make the situation right. Please contact our Head Golf Professional, Woods Woolwine, at woods.woolwine@clubcorp.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Enjoy Fords

Good course. Was a bit wet and sand traps not maintained. Range was closed. Overall a great course and will play again.

Commented on 03/26/2021

Blue heron

Course layout was outstanding, just unfortunate that it took a lot of rain and was soggy.

Commented on 03/12/2021

Commented on 03/10/2021

Commented on 01/15/2021

Good round

I played Blue Heron on a hot deal. The course was in decent to good shape. It had rained the previous 2 nights so the course was a little soggy and it was cart path only (not the courses fault but thought it should be noted). The greens are a tight Bermuda and were in pretty good shape. The fairways were still a little brown and not what I would consider "plush" but in decent condition (some weeds/disease here and there). With the hot deal plus promo code that I used, I would recommend.

Commented on 04/15/2021

Good Value This Time of Year

Course was in decent shape after heavy rains and with dormant grass, wet and muddy in areas, Greens were very good to excellent, rolled very true with moderate speed. Would love to play when dry and everything has greened up.

Commented on 03/29/2021

Very bad conditions

Entire course was very wet from a lot of rain. Balls had no bounce on the fairways they just plugged. Had a tee time of 11:30 and due to a frost delay,, we didn’t tee off till 12:20 and hole #4 was closed due to being so wet and soft.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the delay in your tee time and in the conditions of our course. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another try in the future.

Too wet to enjoy

The Blue Heron just held in water. It rained about 10 days BEFORE we golfed. Greens, fairways and tee boxes were soaked. It was a sad, tiring, non fun day. I ruined my tennis shoes when I sunk down passed my ankles.

Owner needs to evaluate ground structure on several holes

Commented on 11/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Toano, Virginia