Ford's Colony Country Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Dan Maples (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy at Ford's Colony Country Club"
Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No blue jeans, cut-offs, tee shirts or tank tops.

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 7

NOT WORTH THE $$$$

The Blue Heron course at Ford's Colony Country club is one of 3 courses at the complex. It is a very big disappointment. It is in terrible shape. Tee boxes are worn and the course had many patchy areas in the fairways. They have had a lot of rain in the past 6 months but the look like they don't invest in upkeep. Many of the carts paths were broken up, and muddy.

The greens were in decent shape.
This course is NOT worth $81. I won't be playing here again.

And this has soured me on the prospect of joining Ford's Colony country club. I and my partner are looking for a club in Williamsburg. This will NOT be the one we choose.

Commented on 04/09/2021

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Booked Black Heath course with golf now and they squeezed me into a tee time on the marsh hawk course. Explanation was not clear will not return to this course

Commented on 03/30/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the confusion with your tee time and that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We would love the chance to try and make the situation right. Please contact our Head Golf Professional, Woods Woolwine, at woods.woolwine@clubcorp.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Enjoy Fords

Good course. Was a bit wet and sand traps not maintained. Range was closed. Overall a great course and will play again.

Commented on 03/26/2021

Blue heron

Course layout was outstanding, just unfortunate that it took a lot of rain and was soggy.

Commented on 03/12/2021

Commented on 03/10/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Good round

I played Blue Heron on a hot deal. The course was in decent to good shape. It had rained the previous 2 nights so the course was a little soggy and it was cart path only (not the courses fault but thought it should be noted). The greens are a tight Bermuda and were in pretty good shape. The fairways were still a little brown and not what I would consider "plush" but in decent condition (some weeds/disease here and there). With the hot deal plus promo code that I used, I would recommend.

Good Value This Time of Year

Course was in decent shape after heavy rains and with dormant grass, wet and muddy in areas, Greens were very good to excellent, rolled very true with moderate speed. Would love to play when dry and everything has greened up.

Commented on 03/29/2021

Very bad conditions

Entire course was very wet from a lot of rain. Balls had no bounce on the fairways they just plugged. Had a tee time of 11:30 and due to a frost delay,, we didn’t tee off till 12:20 and hole #4 was closed due to being so wet and soft.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the delay in your tee time and in the conditions of our course. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another try in the future.

Too wet to enjoy

The Blue Heron just held in water. It rained about 10 days BEFORE we golfed. Greens, fairways and tee boxes were soaked. It was a sad, tiring, non fun day. I ruined my tennis shoes when I sunk down passed my ankles.

Owner needs to evaluate ground structure on several holes

Commented on 11/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Marsh Hawk. Super marshy front. Saw no hawks on bak

Nice course layout except for severe lack of drainage on front nine of the Marsh Hawk course of Fords Colony. Cart path only. It was very spongey, wet, muddy, soggy. We frankly didn't think this course should have been open that day. The back nine was much better as far as mud and spongey fairways. The back had a lot of fun elevation changes.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Pretty course! Just over seeded and muddy! So much gumbo it pulled off your shoes if not careful. No one told us it was cartpath only until we got to the first tee!

Commented on 11/04/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Where’s the marshal?

Played a 5+!round! For a two-some, that felt like 8hrs! Every shot was a 5-7 min wait. Played behind a foursome who were obviously new to the game. No shots traveled more than 100yds, including tee shots. What made it worse, is it’s cart path only so hit 40yds, to cart, walk to ball. Hit 100 yards, walk to cart. Spoke to the marshal and he had a word with them. I expected the marshal to follow them until they pick up the pace. What a wasted day, money, and game. I wanted to ask for my money back.

Commented on 10/28/2020

IMO, most courses need to institute robust marshaling. IMO, most courses fail in this fundamental duty.

I don't know if it's a budgetary thing or if courses are reluctant to tell paying players to either speed up or get lost...but whatever the reason, they compromise the experience of 99% of the paying players in deference to the 1% who ruin it for everyone else.

Again, just my observation in general.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course!

What happened

These courses used to be good...for a while at least. The GM; Peter, shouldn’t run a used car lot let alone a country club. There hasn’t been any rain in 7 days but it’s still cart path only...disgusting. Staff in the restaurant are outstanding but the menu upstairs is trash. You are better off playing kiskiack or national, at least their drainage works. I’ve played nearly 30 rounds here this summer and I’ve seen a cart girl maybe 3-4 times....Peter is a joke and so is the way this club is being managed.

DON'T BOTHER!!

I was very happy to see that Ford's Colony was back on golf now , that was until I found out that they are only offering tee times on the Marsh Hawk course! This course is as plain and boring as any in the entire area! I wish they had never even come back to GolfNow because it's a manipular joke! Don't play it! You will regret it as it is nothing like the other two courses at Ford's Colony!

Commented on 10/26/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize for any confusion regarding tee times available for our courses. All 3 courses are available to book on GolfNow. Some days our Marsh Hawk Course might be the only one available, but you can find tee times for all 3 courses online. Thank you again and we hope you'll book a round with us soon!

Commented on 10/21/2020

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/24/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great course and staff very friendly!

I enjoyed playing this course. It is in great shape and the staff was friendly.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Beautiful course

Played here as vacation package and this was easily the most beautiful course we played. Fun elevation changes, water comes into play on 13 holes. This was a great course from check in to leave. 100% recommend for anyone in the area.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

4.2620705882

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2021 - May 31, 2021
Whether your handicap is high or low you’ll find golf at the Tubac Golf Resort both challenging and enjoyable. Made famous by Kevin Costner’s 1996 movie “Tin Cup” the Tubac Golf Course is considered to be the “Jewell of the Southern Arizona Golf Courses”