Inniscrone Golf Club in Avondale is one of the toughest public courses in the area. It is a formidable challenge to say the least, but an enjoyable one. None of the holes run parallel to each other and no two holes are alike either. The greens have quite a bit of variation from one to the next but mostly they are very large and extremely fast. Although the greens only have mild contouring, the rippling landscape still provides plenty of challenges throughout. Strategically placed bunkers perfectly complement the dramatic elevation changes, ranging from pot bunkers to vast expanses of sand. Inniscrone Golf Club's ninth hole is a memorable one since it encapsulates the course's appeal with a ridge of cross-bunkers just off the tee and even more along the left side.

Inniscrone Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Gil Hanse (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Pennsylvania (2016 #21)

First time at Inniscrone

From pulling into the parking lot picking up a cart and Driving to the club house. I talked with the pro staff, who sent me to the starter who was awesome and welcomed me for my first time. Gave me a few home course pointers and off I went. Now I understand it’s Feb and I’m golfing in the NE which is a plus, the grounds weren’t green and plush like the spring and summer but the course was still in great shape. This was my first time here and definitely won’t be the last. Course has a great layout and some really pretty holes. Not very long but tested every shot you have. Fees were more than reasonable. See you later in the spring.

Solid Course

First time there and it was in great shape for early February. Especially after all the snow melted the last few weeks. Course layout challenges you some, but not overwhelming. The grass driving range and chipping/putting area were nice. We got a hot deal, so can’t beat the price. Will definitely be back in the summer to see what the course looks like then.

Fun track - great value with Hot Deal

Love this track with its handful of quirky holes - which are great challenges off the tee. Greens are a bit pot holed, but that's not the course's fault this time of year. Give this one a try!

Best course for the deal

Really really plush fairways great tee options good practice range and putting and chipping greens. Just really great value. Course is kept in fabulous condition. Greens are very receptive even in December. Fairways are like pillows. I drive 55 min to play every chance i get. Only gripe is they dont have drinking water on the course

Retraction of "I'm Not Happy" review

Two days ago I wrote a scathing review about having been charged a "non-refundable" reservation fee despite canceling our tee time more than 24 hours in advance per the course's stated policy, since such a non-refundable fee was not mentioned anywhere on the site. The bad news: they never cancelled the time. The good news; the pro shop called this morning and took care of everything. Turns out when I called to cancel, the call was bounced out of the pro shop to their "reservation service", and the 5% non-refundable charge isn't even true. And to top it off, they never even cancelled the tee time, which was the entire reason for the original call. Inniscrone assured me there will be no charges AND they are dumping this incompetent service this coming year. So I apologize for the bad review, as the issue has been rectified by the good people who actually run the course, not this outside service. Kudos for Inniscrone for stepping up.

I'm not happy

I was scheduled to play a round but had to cancel. I had booked online, and per the policy, I called Inniscrone to cancel outside the 24 hour cancellation window. I was informed by the person presumably working in the pro shop that 5% of the anticipated greens fees were non-refundable, even though I canceled more than 24 hours in advance. She called it a "reservation fee". NOWHERE on the website is there any mention that once you book, you are out 5% of the greens fee, non-refundable, no matter what. This is an outrageous scam, and whether perpetrated by GolfNow or by Inniscrone Golf Club, it is a disgrace. You want players to return to this course, yet you pull this stunt? You intentionally hid this information from the unknowing player booking online. If I don't hear from you, Inniscrone, I will leave a similar review on another dozen sites. Shame on you.

Inniscrone

Beautiful day and very friendly staff. Easy access to cart lot then drive to tee and practice area. Didn’t have time to practice but looks decent. A few difficult holes especially #17 but conditions of greens were played pretty hard and many of the pin placement holes that weren’t being used were open/exposed. Traps are horrible, either no sand, grass or full of water. Poor maintenance. Decent layout. Might play again if conditions improve

Commented on 11/28/2023

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Inniscrone Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Still golfing in November!!

Course was in good condition, price was great and weather perfect.

Commented on 11/28/2023

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Commented on 11/28/2023

Hi, we would love to hear more about your experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Inniscrone Golf Club!

My son and I played this course during the week. The course is always in very good shape due to somewhat limited Play on the fourth hole inadvertently drove onto the fairway on a cartpath only hole. Ranger was very accommodating and we had a nice discussion about the course of the pace of play. Overall, it’s a very nice round of golf Just farther away than I would prefer

Commented on 11/28/2023

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Inniscrone Golf Club.

11/11/23

One seemingly simple "fix" would be to keep the ball washers filled/ready for use. Many are bone dry, remaining are obviously low. Course plays soft/muddy on many occasions.
Second would be to be more diligent on keeping divot "pitchers" on the cart full/more full; and encouraging their use to golfers

Commented on 11/28/2023

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Thank Goodness the 'Scrone is a-round

With most of the area's public golf courses in Chester County taking full advantage of the pricing power they have enjoyed over the last two years it is great to have a municipally owned course that seeks to keep greens fees more reasonable. Tucked away just outside of "downtown" Avondale, the 'Scrone is a good value but could use some work.
Apparently the new superintendent, who came over from the former Loch Nairn, has been shocked to learn that his predecessor didn't believe in aerating greens. That seems to be an approach that few if any of his colleagues would take. Anyway, some tree removal is needed at #4, 10, and 17 to make them a bit less hostile to higher handicappers. Nevertheless, Inniscrone fills a definite need given the rising prices that I'm betting will be par for the course next season.

Commented on 11/08/2023

Thanks so much for the review and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Commented on 11/08/2023

Hi, we would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Inniscrone Golf Club!

1st time playing

This is a unfound gem. Or should I say found gem, now. What a great course and is very challenging. The only non-5 star was the pace but that isn't the courses fault. Several folks got caught up behind 3 gentlemen who seem to be struggling quite a bit. I will never be one to complain about that since I'm only in my 2nd year of playing but I know when to just give up and move on to the next hole. I can't wait to play this track again. I will know better how to play each hole.

If the staff wants to provide me with a free round, I would be gladly to except LOL....

Commented on 10/31/2023

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Commented on 10/31/2023

Commented on 10/18/2023

Hello and thank you for your great rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club!

Commented on 10/18/2023

Hi, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another great experience!

Avondale, Pennsylvania
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Newark, Delaware
Newark, Delaware
Oxford, Pennsylvania
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Wilmington, Delaware
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.
BETHANY BEACH, DE | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations in a private residence within the Bear Trap Dunes community managed by 1st Choice Properties and 2 rounds of golf at Bear Trap Dunes Golf Club.
TUNKHANNOCK, PA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Shadowbrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Shadowbrook Golf Course.
RICHMOND, VA | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Fairfield Inn & Suites – Richmond Airport and 2 rounds of golf at Royal New Kent Golf Club and The Club at Viniterra.