Inniscrone Golf Club in Avondale is one of the toughest public courses in the area. It is a formidable challenge to say the least, but an enjoyable one. None of the holes run parallel to each other and no two holes are alike either. The greens have quite a bit of variation from one to the next but mostly they are very large and extremely fast. Although the greens only have mild contouring, the rippling landscape still provides plenty of challenges throughout. Strategically placed bunkers perfectly complement the dramatic elevation changes, ranging from pot bunkers to vast expanses of sand. Inniscrone Golf Club's ninth hole is a memorable one since it encapsulates the course's appeal with a ridge of cross-bunkers just off the tee and even more along the left side.

Inniscrone Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Gil Hanse (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Pennsylvania (2016 #21)

Commented on 10/26/2021

Thanks for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Worse day ever on a golf course

On Monday Oct 10 I attempted to play a round of golf here.. I have been playing golf for about 8 years and this was my third visit to your course. On the 4th hole I made a mistake and drove the golf cart off the cart path. I admit this and recognize I made a mistake and did something I should not have done. No excuses, My bad. I had hit my drive to the right of the cart path and just advanced it past some trees as best I could and proceeded to go pick up my partner. He reminded me this hole is cart path only and I immediately turned the cart around and returned to the path, driving forward a few yards to play my ball. At this point I was yelled at from about 100 yards away by a course worker who I assume had been mowing an adjacent fairway. I apologized and said I was sorry, stating that I had not seen the “cart path only “sign and admitted It was my mistake and again said I’m sorry. He continued to yell and I once again stated I was sorry. He then yelled he was sick and tired of you people not respecting the course. and I again yelled back I was sorry. He continued to yell at me I said I’m sorry (again) what do you want me to do. He then yelled “am I going to have to follow you around all day” and I yelled back go right ahead do whatever you have to do, and again said I’m sorry. this went on for a few more back and forths, then as I walked forward to attempt to play my next shot.,As I tried to address the ball he again yelled. every time I attempted to address the ball he did this finally yelling he was sick fo golfers thinking they can pay to play and do whatever they want on the course not “respecting” the course. I finally yelled back that he also had to learn to respect customers and again said I was sorry I don’t know what else I can do. This went on for at least 5 minutes and probably more. Up to this point I was having a good round but my day and round were ruined at this point. This day was definitely not fun.
I am a 73 year old man have never experienced treatment like this at any establishment. It was absolutely uncalled for as he just would not let it go and kept yelling and berating, belittling and insulting me. this is also the first time I have ever written an online review that is how upsetting it was. Obviously I won't be returning to Inniscrone. If there is one thing I have learned in life it is spend your money where it is appreciated.

Commented on 10/06/2021

Thank you for your review! we apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that our staff didn't leave a great impression on you. We're so sorry that you felt belittled and insulted. We will make sure to use your feedback and work to improve on this matter. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 09/30/2021

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Commented on 09/27/2021

This is top golf

I gave less of a top overall rating for course layout because I don’t like number 16
The great rating for off course amenities was because of the cold water throughout the course

Commented on 10/08/2021

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Nice layout
Ball was not rolling . Was alittle wet
Greens pretty good.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Inniscrone Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/14/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Inniscrone Golf Club!

a bit disappointed

First time playing here, fortunately we had a guy in the group who knew his way around. My two biggest peeves were: no yardage markers in the fairways (some had stakes, some didn't, nothing in the ground, nothing on the cart paths) and a lack of positional flags on the flagsticks. Couldn't tell if the flag was front, middle, or back. Many tee boxes were bare ground. Fairways were good, greens were so-so. It was a challenging course but not worth the hour-and-a quarter drive for me.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Showing some wear, still always fun

I always enjoy playing Inniscrone a couple times a year, for about 15 or so. Only living half an hour away and a tough solid but fair layout is why. None of the holes are straight ahead. Even the shorter holes are not gimmies .
With a lot of recent rain, I expected things to be worse. Conditions are a bit off of what I have come to expect. A lot of hole placements hadn’t been moved in a while, and it was noticeable. Tees and fairways we’re 75%, but the greens were below par. ( not in a good way ) was lucky to avoid any bunkers today, but most seemed maintained. Very nice visuals at 11th tee box looking at the par 3 green. The backdrop to the green looked great today as the sun was shining right on it as we arrived. The 2 now grass bunkers along side the 15th green have come in nicely.
I recommend Inniscrone right now. I also recommend a GPS of some sort or at least some local knowledge. Catching a hot deal is always a plus.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Commented on 08/26/2021

Commented on 08/16/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Course is in good conditions

The roughs were sticky and challenging. The fairways were in good shape; better than usual. The traps actually had sand- soft and powdery. Great shape, tho they are still working through a few newly renovated grass mesh traps that appear to be coming in nicely. Overall impressed. They have come a long way in the last year.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Very poor conditions

To give some context, in the last month or so I have played Wyncote, Loch Nairn, Galen Hall, Pilgrim Oaks, Reading and Kimberton. Inniscrone was BY FAR the worst experience and conditions. Pace of play was excellent for a Sunday 10:30 tee time. Having the range right next to the check-in was great, but the smell of the sewage plant was not - a sign of things to come.

I had read the recent reviews on Golfnow saying to stay away but I had to see for myself. The course is a mess. The greens are the worst I have seen anywhere in a long time.

I'm a fan of golf architecture but not of Inniscrone - so many forced carries over marsh and wastelands. Really just a very contrived layout. The course reminds me of a certain breed of course in Myrtle Beach where courses were sculpted into wastelands with lots of fairway landing areas but few expansive fairways. Although there are a fair amount of open holes, the forced carries become old. That is a personal preference though. Maybe some people would like that. But, the greens were TERRIBLE. If you enjoy the greens at Pirate Wally's Miniature golf in Ocean City you'll love the greens at Inniscrone.

But seriously, it is extremely sad to see this happen to any course. Very, very sad.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Incredible lay out. One of the best designed courses we’ve played. Staff is very professional and customer focused.
Maintenance needs to be improved. Traps and tee boxes need work. That said a favorite!

Commented on 08/06/2021

Great time

The course was in great shape, very scenic, challenging and great layout.

Commented on 08/06/2021

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Commented on 08/04/2021

Commented on 08/03/2021

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great course, nice staff

The course is tough, long and fun. Go for it. The staff are friendly and sincere. Many thanks to them for working hard to keep the pace of play moving. Too many golfers play the back tees rather than the forward tees, however. Again, the course is tough and long; playing back tees beyond your capacity causes delays and frustrates for you and for the groups behind you. Course staff can only urge you to play faster. You should recognize that the course is tough and long and play the forward tees. You are not that guy. Play forward, enjoy a nice course and keep it moving.

Commented on 08/03/2021

Don’t waste your time or money

This course is almost unplayable
I’ve never been on more soggy tee boxes, fairways or greens ever…..numerous plugged balls…..ball marks on the greens like you’ve never seen……some of the holes on the back were barely playable but most were not……greens were bumpy & ran at probably 5…….there were plenty of extremely dry spots just off the course so they can’t blame it on rain..…go to Wyncote instead

Commented on 08/02/2021