Style Links

Wyncote Golf Club in Oxford is one of the most challenging courses in the area. The heathlands layout feels like a links course with wind being an important factor and thick fescue coming into play. The golf course starts with an especially tough front nine but there are more scoring opportunities on the back. Mounded bunkers and moguls define the movement of the fairways and though there aren't many trees, if you don't keep your shots straight you might find yourself out-of-bounds or lost in the high, wiry grass. Sidehill lies await you as well as a few blind shots. Wyncote's greens have little undulation but the lightning fast putting surfaces are a challenge for players of all skill levels. With a few "grip it and rip it" holes mixed in, Wyncote Golf Club is a tough but fair test.

Wyncote Golf Club

Year Built 1993
Golf Season March - November
Architect Brian Ault (1993)

Dinner 18
Thick Rough 34

Always worth it!!

I couldn’t believe I haven’t played here for over 5 years! Happy to have remided that today. Wyncote historically has great conditions, and today didn’t disappoint. When I found the deal, I thought they may have aerated. Some tee boxes had been punched, but the greens were clean, quick and true. Personal best 10 one putts today from inside 20 feet. All the bunkers were tended to, unfortunately not too many rakes.
I recently played TPC Vegas on vacation for more then 3 times what I paid today, and was none too impressed.This track was in much better shape and more enjoyable I probably haven’t made the trip to Wyncote in years because it’s I bit pricey for me. But that won’t happen again. Looking forward to returning in 2022.

Beautiful but tough

Nice layout. Pristine conditions. Narrow fairways with tall grasses so not forgiving. Pace of play was great. Hardly waited for anyone, and I played alone. Great driving range, chilling green (with bunker), and putting greens.

Firm and fast

Not aerated yet. Little rain lately makes it a firm and fast course. They cut the rough a bit made it even more enjoyable

Beautiful Scottish-style Links in PA

The course is challenging, but fair with undulating greens that run true throughout. The fairways, tee box and rough were all in excellent shape. Be warned that you will be punished for any errant shots off the fairway on almost every hole.

My only complaint is the lack of club amenities for the price. We played on a Wednesday and the driving range was closed, there was no starter to direct us to our carts or tees and no on-course beverage offerings. Perhaps because this was midweek or they could be understaffed, but nonetheless it is not what I would expect from an $80 round.

Overall, the course was in excellent shape and the two staff members I did interact with were cordial and knowledgeable. It is definitely worth checking out if you want a links experience in the heart of PA.

Windy Wyncote

Played on Sunday, very windy, firm n speedy greens although it rained the night before which made it tougher to play. Overall it was enjoyable n will be back to take on Wyncote again.

Overpriced

Great course but I ended up spending near $100. That’s most def more then it should be.

THE STARTER WAS Terrible unto our group who were paying that amount. I would expect top notch service for that price. Cursing and yelling at us. He was up on the green putting we didn’t know what to do so we just drove to the first tee and he starts yelling at us.

When he came down we told him he shouldn’t be yelling and upset if he wasn’t around to start us.

And he got more upset at that cursing us out etc. - just inappropriate behavior. Anyhow. Course in good condition, might be worthwhile one or two times a year not a revisit recommendation

Consistently Great

Wyncote is always worth the drive. Course was in great shape. They were a little backed up but the starter communicated that up front which was nice and they had a ranger out to keep pace of play moving. Greens rolled great!

Very good

Layout is interesting and the condition was very good.

Wyncote

Wyncote is a pretty heathlands style course out in almost the middle of nowhere in southeastern PA. Course was in great condition, which seems to always be the case based on other's reviews. Pace of play was surprisingly good for a weekend. Despite these positives, the course was disappointing in a lot of ways. Sorry, but it's just not a $100 course. If it was $60, I'd probably give this course 4 stars, but it's just not $100 caliber. While it's pretty to look at, the holes here are very redundant. There wasn't a single hole that stood out for me. They all seemed to blend together and nothing was very memorable. They also would not give out any free range balls for practice. No GPS in the carts was disappointing as well. These details may seem minor, but when the greens fees are $100, I expect top notch service and these are basic things that most ~$100 golf courses will and do provide, based on my experience. Course restaurant was average as well. Overall it's a nice course, but there were just too many disappointing features for me to rate higher.

Enjoyable round on well kept course

The course is well kept. The greens are in immaculate shape. It provides a challenge for every type of player.

Very good condition

Course was in very good shape, the greens were fast & true. They’ve made some changes so that slightly stray shots don’t turn into lost balls. Please install prism reflectors on the flagsticks to help with rangefinders.

Pace of play was brutal. There was no ranger on the course monitoring pace. We waited on 17 tee boxes, and took 5 hours to finish our round.

LONG DAY

very disappointing 5 hour round… second time I’ve played here, course is beautiful but no one patrolling slow play…. I guess with the greedy 8 minute tee times, slow play should be expected…. They likely lost a customer today who would play here frequently and will not get a recommendation from me.

Great course but a little slow

I love this course and it is in great condition, but eight minute tee time intervals make for a slow round.

Tee time issue

For some reason when we arrived at the course on September 18th at 7:50 to check in I was told I did not have a tee time. I had a confirmation number but both the club house and the starter were confused. They did get us out as a twosome but we were behind a foursome and until the 5th hole when they let us play through. $100 to play with confusion having to wait then having to rush to get by the group was a not the ideal way to start the round.

This was the second time I’ve played here and the first was during the winter. I don’t recommend this course for winter play based on the previous conditions and I told myself I wasn’t coming back due to not being close. Well decided to give it a chance when it was all green and what a difference. Course was in great shape tee to green and definitely enjoy the round much more then the winter. If your willing to make the drive it’s worth it but just make sure it’s still green.

Atglen, Pennsylvania