Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club

Year Built 1995
Architect Earl Stone (1995)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

Great conditions but no Marshall to enforce pace of play.

Great track and excellent practice facilities. I was part of a threesome that no showed. No Marshall on the course and people playing fivesomes and no allowing quicker play to play thru. They were angry when I passed them at the turn.

Very nice course!

If you come to Gulf Shore remember to play this course: it’s much better than Kiva Dunes!
Enjoy!!

Great conditions, Great course

Enjoyed the round. Weather was got but the course played great. The course took one of bones out of rotation for aeriation so that the nines we did play played awesome. Will definitely play this course again. If you can put it in play off the tee this course is scoreable.

Fun courses

3 different 9’s, large greens, forgiving fairways, always an enjoyable round!!!

Great Condition

Never a bad time of the year to play these courses. Greens rolled smoothly and consistent and fareways were lush.

Commented on 07/16/2022

Thank you for your review. At Peninsula we take pride our course conditions, and you can always expect a great round of golf and exceptional customer service. We hope to see you again soon!

Great. Purse and staff

Nice turf and green roll was consistent. Staff was helpful and friendly.

Commented on 07/16/2022

At Peninsula we take pride our course condition, but it's our employees who make the experience exceptional! Thank you for the review, and we're glad you had a great round!

Commented on 07/16/2022

Thank you for your review. We hope to give every golfer a five star experience! At Peninsula you'll have an exceptional day of golf along with top-notch customer service.

Commented on 07/16/2022

Thank you for reviewing Peninsula. Come back and play again anytime! It's a fantastic course and a ton of fun!

Very Enjoyable

Fun track. Not overly long but challenging pins and some quirky visual lines off the tee that force you to move the ball a bit. Respectably tight fairways with a good amount of trouble keep you honest. The greens rolled pretty nice, maybe not in perfect condition in a couple spots but nothing that would effect play, not fast but not slow. Starters were friendly and kept thing spaced nicely to start the round. Played in a group of 4 with a group of 4 in front and behind and never had to wait to hit nor had the group behind waiting on us, so pace of play was about perfect. All in all, great place to catch a round when your wife agrees to let you go during the family vacation!

Commented on 07/16/2022

Thank you for reviewing Peninsula. Come back for another round soon!

Commented on 07/16/2022

Thank you for reviewing Peninsula. Come back and play anytime!

The People were the best part.

I had a 8:20 tee time and arrival and checkin was pleasant.
The practice putting green was perfect. I was making everything. I warmed on the range but could not see where my ball was going because the range is looking directly into the sun. No golfer in the world likes hitting directly into the sun. Starter gathered me and the other single I was paired and we played the lakes and marsh. Tee boxes and fairways were perfect. The greens were nice but were not mowed the morning I played . If they were the mower was not set low enough. Greens were slower and very grainy on the course compared practice green. I made zero putts. I shot 92 and had 40 putts. I am a 4 handicap and have no problem shooting under 80 on most courses. I drove the ball great. I hit 12 of 14 fairways. The course did not play long. I had pitching wedge or sand wedge into all par 4s. The ball would not take the break because the of the grain. I hand a nice time but could have been 5 stars if greens were slightly better.

Vacation Golf

Course was recommended to me by a friend who has played it many times over the years. Even though there had been heavy rain the morning before I played, it was still a great experience. Friendly staff, well kept course and great pace of play made for a memorable afternoon of golf. If you find yourself in Gulf Shores play Peninsula Golf and Racquet club. You won’t be disappointed.

Superb!!

This has now become my favorite in the gulf shores area. From the bag drop thru the finish, everything was first rate. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The course was in great condition and the pace of play was 4:10, just has desired. Worth the money.

Greens are Great

The greens on the some of the best that I have played on at the marsh course.

Club Management

I had multiple issues with the starters hut on this day. They didn't have my tee time because they said, "the front desk didn't tell them." But they corrected their log and all was well. Later one of the starters sent off early, the twosome I was supposed to be paired with but didn't inform the other starters. Because they weren't aware of the change they didn't know to find me a group and so they sent me off as a single on a busy Sunday morning. When I made the turn a single had jumped in front of me. When I spoke to the starters about it they told me I was mistaken, that they were behind schedule and that is why a different person/group was now on the tee box. They didn't bother to check with the single and to confirm what they were telling me. I did. The single had stopped for lunch and was coming back into rotation. No problem, we hooked up and finished the round. I issue I have is the multiple failings of the starters hut (there were four or five personnel working the starters hut) and the total lack of management anywhere on the facility. The bar/restaurant had one person working, taking orders, making drinks, serving meals and bussing tables. Do you think you would have to wait to get a soda? I didn't see the drink cart until the fourteenth hole (2 1/2 hours into the round). I play 2-3 rounds a week in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area and there are eight clubs within a 25 mile radius so to be paying resort prices for substandard service is foolish. I'm going to take my business elsewhere.

In great condition

Played Lakes and Cypress, been a while since we played Lakes. First three holes water comes into play and they are toughest holes on that 9 survive them and your off to a good round.

4.5202588235
Orange Beach, Alabama
4.1981294118
4.1981294118
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
POINT CLEAR, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 2 rounds of golf at Lakewood Golf Club - Azalea & Dogwood Courses.
MOBILE, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Magnolia Grove Golf Club (Crossings & Falls Courses) and Lakewood Golf Club (Azalea or Dogwood Course).
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club, and Burnt Pine Golf Club.