A view from Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Rustic Canyon Golf Course

Year Built 2001
Architect Gil Hanse (2001) Geoff Shackelford (2001)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Proper attire is required. Bermuda length shorts are OK. Collared shirts are required. No denim.

Windy walk

Very well maintained track. Great walk. Large undulating greens. Bunkers need loosening but challenging is fun.

Cart policy bad

This is the second time I have had to pay extra as a single rider both times I have been sent out without any other riders in the group. I understand if they were sending out multiple carts why I would have to pay extra but kind of messed up when I am the only one riding.

Fun nine in the afternoon

Good time playing RC again. Course is in good shape. Best value around with a senior card.

Hello Jeffittel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Lots of grass

Fairways had a LOT of grass. A bit too much. Almost like thick-ish carpet. So there was no roll. Which made some holes really long. Especially when the usual wind came in.
The greens were also quite lush, had not quite come back from the punching. Playable, but the remnants of the punching is still quite visible. Just need some more cut and rolling to smooth them out.
Tee boxes are mostly nice. Again, LOTS of grass.
Pace was a tad slow, waited on a lot of shots, probably about half, so it took just under 5 hours. On a Tuesday mid-morning tee time.

Commented on 10/11/2021

Hi, BigusDickus! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Amazing course.

I was playing alone so it made it a little difficult to follow some of the holes. The course was in great shape and the greens were tough but perfect. Really enjoyed the round. Loved the links layout

Commented on 10/05/2021

Your feedback is important to us, u314161110468. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 10/11/2021

Hi, u000003477667. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hello, u4043840. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Decent Green's

Good shape right now, but PLEASE fix your ball marks. Greens recently punched and I had to fix more than my share to try and help keep them nice. Please help set the example! Tha k you kindly

Commented on 09/28/2021

kelly5857749, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 09/22/2021

Hi, u314159973467. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 09/18/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, samsabocor. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Commented on 09/18/2021

Hi, u314161873295. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Hot Times

A great time as always. Got in some early practice on the driving range and putting green. Finally found my swing so I was very happy sailing some nice drives out to the center of the fairways with some decent distance. The only problem with this was that opened up a new dynamic to the game, the medium length pitch and iron shots. Need some work on those. Putting was good, approaches and greens had recently been punched but were in great shape. Bunkers were well tended (I found too many of those). Day was hot so as the day wore on fatigue became a real factor. Had no issue at all with POP although it did take just about 5 hours for the round. I don't remember being rushed by the group behind ours or having to wait for the group in front to clear. RC is definitely one of my go-to courses for weekend play. Unfortunately, it is a little much to try and squeeze in on a weekday this time of year.

Commented on 09/18/2021

Hello, doc2bscott. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Rustic Canyon Golf Course. Please visit us again soon!

Disappointed - greens punched

I booked about a week in advance and there was no mention of aerification. I checked the latest reviews and found that no one mentioned this either. The day before my tee time I heard from a friend that the greens may in fact be punched. I then called the course to ask and was told that greens where done on June 1st (3 months ago) I have no idea why I was given completely incorrect information from the course staff. I would have gone to another course if I was properly informed. Over $70 for that???

Commented on 09/13/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u000001393498. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Rustic Canyon Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sandy and Punched Greens

No communication online or pro shop and only found out at 1st green. Heavily sanded, punched greens and collars. Made for a quite an adventure on the greens. Would have been great to get a heads up ahead of time.

Commented on 09/11/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, cplax25. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Rustic Canyon Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/07/2021

samsabocor, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 09/07/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Thousand Oaks, California
Westlake Village, California
Camarillo, California
Thousand Oaks, California
Westlake Village, California
Simi Valley, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.