A view from Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Rustic Canyon Golf Course

Year Built 2001
Architect Gil Hanse (2001) Geoff Shackelford (2001)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Proper attire is required. Bermuda length shorts are OK. Collared shirts are required. No denim.

It's a great links course

First time here, after reading about the course. Played on a weekday. Very pleasant and peaceful round of golf - the area is quiet (great for concentration). Paired with a very competitive 2-some and another competitive, knowledgeable single, so my ball striking amplified and accuracy was great. Very enjoyable links course, amber-rust colored terrain surrounding the green course and wildlife on the course. Beautiful scenery for photos on several holes (e.g. # 14-16). This course cares about the client experience, fine-grained small details, and carried great vibes. Very difficult greens and fringes, many slopes, and all about target golf. Great challenge for approach shots, and even tee box strategies (don't always use a driver here). I will return and bringing friends next time. Here are the Pros and Cons on this course:
Pros:
1 - Great, flat driving range with mats, great clipping, bunker and bump and roll practice area.
2 - Course had water barrels with cold water, cups at Driving range and on holes. Broken tee containers next to the tee box markers. Ball washing stations with towels were perfect.
3 - Scenery is great and unique, many colors in the surrounding cliffs.
4 - Course conditions were great. Grass looked great to me. Wide fairways looked great and consistent. Greens looked perfect to play and demands strategic shot positioning (practice short game accuracy, chipping, flop shots, fringe putting heavily).
5 - Pace of play was as perfect as it gets (~4 hours, walking mostly). Great place for walking the course.
6 - Staff on-site and spectators were friendly, very good vibes here, and kept professional. Quality people at this place.
7 - GPS in standard golf carts, with ice in cooler.
8 - Practice greens were in nice location.

Cons:
1 - Some people answering phones were very rude, hung up on me. Don't call with questions here.
2 - No course-specific merchandise was in stock and no photos were available to see it at the pro shop.
3 - Need steps (not a dirt path) on the walk up to hole #16 tee boxes, which is a signature viewpoint of this course. Need to install a classy staircase here.

Great links course at a great price point. It's a quality golf experience at this place.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, wstflar! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hi, u314162626069. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hi, benjaminuhu. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Rustic Canyon Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Hello q137536794,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

A Gem

I used to live in the area and I was coming through on a trip and I wanted to revisit RC. I was not disappointed. Beautiful setting, lovely greens, good layout. I loved every minute of it. Sure the fairways are easier to get into than Arizona State, but that's part of the charm. So if you're in the area and not looking to abuse yourself (looking at you Tierra Rejada) I highly recommend it.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hello, u000002184497. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Rustic Canyon Golf Course. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, THEMAN1116! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Excellent course but those greens

Played on a Friday afternoon, pace of play was good and the course was excellent until I hit the greens. They are well kept but to say they are challenging would be an understatement, undulations, at least one pin was on a relatively significant slope, resulting in me three putting almost every hole. I am not the best putter to begin with but found these greens to be quite daunting. Still enjoyed but would have enjoyed more if the greens were a touch friendlier

Commented on 06/22/2022

Hi, u541040820. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Rustic Canyon Golf Course, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hello, mestrella. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Rustic Canyon Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Played with a crew of seniors (three of us walked) in just under four hours. Great vibes, awesome day.

Commented on 06/22/2022

Thank you for your review, Maurimo. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Rustic Canyon Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tough test

Excellent course. Hard to read putts. Beats me up, but fun anyway.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Thank you for your review, jrousseau1. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Rustic Canyon Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Glorious!

Great links track 30 mins from LA. Overcast day made it feel like Ireland. Grass range, lushness around the greens. Great twilight value @ $52, im ,y opinion. Cant wait to go back. Pro shop staff was very nice and not stuffy.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Thanks so much for the great review, u314161818129. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Great Course for the price

The course is in great shape, greens are perfect and the fairways are great. Tough test of golf but fair.
Love the links style layout as a change of pace.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Your feedback is important to us, u000004035289. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 06/06/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u2900020. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Great Golf course but super slow

Great golf course but played super slow. Our round took just over five hours.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Thank you for your review, u000005437417. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Rustic Canyon Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hello u395850928,

Course condition was average at best.

Group ahead of us were hi handicap players, we waited on every shot. Didn't see a marshal all day.

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hi, u314162675775! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Wind was howling

10/10 would recommend to anyone during the week, amazing value and pace of play was incredible. Even with fast winds the whole round somehow managed to hit 11/13 fairways and I’m a 20 handicap lol greens are difficult and a little fast so ended up 3 putting most of my holes.

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, aalejandro. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Commented on 06/06/2022

Hi, u763971076. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Rustic Canyon Golf Course!

Thousand Oaks, California
Westlake Village, California
Camarillo, California
Thousand Oaks, California
Westlake Village, California
Simi Valley, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at the Waldorf-Astoria Monarch Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI La Costa Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at the OMNI La Costa Golf Club (Legends & Champions Courses) & The Grand Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Rancho Mirage and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Rancho Mirage - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.