Type Resort/Public
The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort - Pete Dye Course

Year Built 1987
Architect Pete Dye (1987)

Dress code Collared golf shirts and proper length bermuda shorts or pants required. Prohibited are denim or blue jeans, halter-tops, bathing suits, sweat pants and t-shirts

19th Hole Specials 10
Near the Airport 36

Best round ever!

Played my best round of golf, EVER! Of course I would recommend the course.

It was OK.

Overall, it was OK, but rather disappointing. I am an 11 hcp and played several courses, here, during our visit. This was the least impressive.

Pros::
— Staff was very friendly and competent
— Pete Dye course layout was interesting and challenging
— Fairways, greens and tee boxes were in good condition

Cons:
— Bunkers were horribly maintained (and there are a lot of them). Most looked like river deltas, they were so overwatered and still wet. Obviously they hadn’t been deep-raked in a long time. Inexcusable. Lack of quality that you’d expect at a cheap muni course.
— No marshal. After making good time on the front nine (1:40), the back was painful after catching up with a family with two young children (2:45). I fully support encouraging youth play, but giving lessons on the course and not picking up after 10+ shots is not OK. And no one from the club bothered to see that they were several holes behind.

We pad $79 per golfer on Golf Now. Not worth the cost, IMO.

Great golf course

Always a favorite !
Professional setting with exceptional staff.

Uncoordinated

Im sure this has to be to do with covid but this place was totally disorganized and not up to par (no pun intended).

Trying to work out where the golf even was, was the first challenge. No bussers at the entry to be found so had to wander around following the inadequate signs to the pro shop. Theres no starter and it feels very unorganized. No range master to move the slow groups along. No drinks/food cart despite being told there was one and good luck finding the 15th tee after youve finished the 14th - no signs at all to tell you where it is.

The course itself is very predictable - lots of straight down the line holes around 400 yards will suit the basic golfer but those looking for a challenge will be left wanting.

Go do the Greg Norman course instead. Much better all around.

Great course, bad staff in the pro shop

This is related only to the two staff members in the pro shop on the dates of 5/14 and 5/15. The course and all other staff were great.

We arrived on 5/14 for our 12:30 tee time and everything seemed fine. My friend presented his Mission Hills resident card as he believed we should get a member discount at which time the man respectfully told us that the course was not part of the residence or mission hills country club network. He said he could help us out and I believe he gave us a discount on our greens fees anyway which was nice. We also asked if we could push back our tee time the following day to which he started working on.

We then noticed the new Mission Hills hats that had just come in and we asked them how much, and we believed that one of the staff members said "$20". The female employee was walking around the store stocking other products and was hyping up the hats. So, we included two hats on top of our greens fees. I then looked at the receipt no more than 15 seconds later and was confused to see the hats rung up at $45 a piece. Immediately I asked the man behind the desk (there was one other person in line and he was in no rush) if this was correct and he said it was. I told him that we were under the impression that the hats were $20 and he said no they are $45. I then told him that we would never have bought the hats if we knew they were $45 and there was no price tag on them either.
I then pressed the issue more and said "hey man, this isn't fair, I feel like you told me they were one price and rang me up for a $45 hat". He then pulled down his gaiter from over his mouth and gave us a look and said "hey, I'm really busy here so just take the hats!". He then stood there with his mask/gaiter off staring at us, basically trying to intimidate us. Rather than cause a scene and get into it with someone who was visibly angry, we decided to put the hats away in our car and come back the following day to hopefully talk with someone more reasonable. He was obviously angry at something and decided we were his target.
We came the next morning to check in and the female employee from the day before is working behind the counter. As we walk up she says to us "how are the hats?" in a tone that felt like she was mocking us for buying them (she watched the whole thing happen the day before). I then told her, "you know we didn't want to buy those hats and were told the wrong price and would really like to return them, unused." She then said out loud so that others could hear "do you have your receipt?" to which I replied yes. She then said "well you should read it then because it says all sales are final and there are no returns." At this point I told her that this was the worst customer service I've ever experienced and once again decided not to engage further with a woman working alone in the shop, it didn't feel right. By her tone and approach and need to embarrass me I have to think that her and Adam had probably had a good laugh about how they basically sold us two hats we didn't want and got away with it.
All of this was very uncalled for and it is my belief that the two employees have some sort of anger issues with customers. I don't think these are the kind of people that should be working in a customer facing role and will never be playing this course again.

Worth the money

The course was very nice, Bunkers do need sand so they could be a lot better. Bunkers are the only real problem with the course, That is the only reason I did not give an excellent on course conditions. The snack shack does not open until 11:00 that is a real bummer when you are playing in the morning to beat the heat. They did have some cold drinks in the pro shop but if you wanted to have a snack well after your round,

Mediacor

Service was minimal, bunkers had not been raked is forever, farways and greens were good

Chipped in for a birdie

I’ve played this course 7 times and continue to enjoy it. Hightlight for me was a sandy par back in February and most recently, a chippie birdie on #8

perfect round

the last of 3 day golf trip w bodies from San Diego. The course is in top condition, so beautiful that hard to adjust to your home course when back.

This PD course has so many bunkers and I got the taste of many of them. Questions - why the bunkers fill with grey sticky dirt with white sand all over the surrounding area?

The non-attended parking lot gate was not working when we got there. I pressed the button for ticket many times but nothing happened. I had to try to find someone and this place is so big and empty, the only persons I saw was resort check in attendant, telling me to go back try again.

Other the above comments, everything is perfect. Will be back soon.

Course was in perfect condition. Only complaint was using directions from the confirmation email from golf now. It took us the the springs resort. Once to the Westin again the course was in perfect playing conditions.

Resort/Public
Rancho Mirage, California
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players Courses
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 6 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, Mission Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, Indian Wells Resort courses, PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, and PGA WEST Pete Dye Dunes Course
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.