A view from Avery Ranch Golf Club

Avery Ranch Golf Club

Year Built 2002
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Tif Eagle Grass
Architect Andy Raugust (2002)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Avery Ranch Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Texas (2014 #15)

Commented on 06/29/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, criedesel! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Avery Ranch Golf Club!

Commented on 06/28/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ecoronad! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Avery Ranch Golf Club!

Commented on 06/21/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159826849! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Avery Ranch Golf Club!

Couldn’t play due to Covid.

I tested positive for Covid, tried cancelling but could not due to being slightly within the 24 hour window. I called the Avery Ranch pro shop to make them aware and was told the cancellation would have to be done on the Golf Now side. Please reimburse me for the round I was charged for due to circumstances that were beyond my control.

Hard thin fairways and greens

I am sorry Golfnow asked for a review. Otherwise I would not have but here goes. The range balls are old and worn out, not enough drinking water on the course. The fairways and greens are moist but hard. No sand or compost in the soil but mostly brown clay. Please add amendments to fairways and greens. I had not played here in awhile and now do not want to come back. The best part of yesterday was we played in 4 hours.

Commented on 06/14/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u314162440569. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Avery Ranch Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 06/15/2022

Hi, u000004343065. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Avery Ranch Golf Club.

Commented on 06/21/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Benpath! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Avery Ranch Golf Club!

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hi, Benpath. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please let us know your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Avery Ranch Golf Club!

Not for me

The course layout was not for me, it includes many tight fairways and doesn't allow for creative shot making (at least at my skill level). My biggest issue was the driving range. Firstly, there is gravel behind the pads so to walk down to find an open stall you must walk in the gravel which i cant imagine is easy on the spikes. Secondly they have auto ball feeders which I was made to use. It is noisy, slow, and made my experience worse.

Commented on 06/13/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u000004208706. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Avery Ranch Golf Club, and we hope you'll give us another try again in the future.

Avery Ranch round

I liked the course, I visited with a group of beginners and was concerned we would be the slow play group. 2 hours 20 minutes for the front 9. Not terrible when you consider we were keeping up with the group in front. The club house was nice and clean, We went to the bar afterwards it was okay, I just got that feeling the bar staff was ready to go home. No worries I get that, we’ll come back for sure.

Commented on 06/01/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u182710597! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Avery Ranch Golf Club!

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Davidguns23! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Avery Ranch Golf Club!

Rip off.

I play here for the last 20 years and whoever is running it now is a cheap skate. There Golfnow page clearly states 24 hour advance cancellation policy. I requested to cAncel 28 hours in advance because I forgot about my daughters recital and they still reported me and charged me. Total a holes

Commented on 06/03/2022

Hi bigrigjon,

We’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

We value our customers' opinions and would like to make things right and determine how we can provide a solution.

Please contact us directly at the pro shop. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, weekndwarrior! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Avery Ranch Golf Club!

Slow play kills

5 and 1/2 hour round. Just not worth it on pretty much any course. Not the first time either. Too bad because the layout is nice. Enforce a 4 hour round and fall short at 4 and 1/2. It’s not that hard.

Commented on 05/02/2022

Hello, alexkoz11. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Avery is nice, but waaaay too slow!

I guess my review is similar to many others. Nice course, decent layout, but they book their tee times too close together. Played in a foursome behind two threesomes and in front of another threesome. 5 hours at mid morning (10am tee off), mid week is just not a great time. Waited on nearly every tee box. The good: Nice fairways, decent greens that will hold an approach shot. Interesting layout. The bad: the maintenance could use some help. Could be post covid lack of good employees. Lots of places just off the fairway are way overgrown. The bunkers were really bad. Even though we just had a pretty significant rainfall on Monday, no one from the crews had touched the bunkers. Too bad. Overall I like the course and it they would initiate some guidelines at the starters hut to keep play to 4 to 4.5 hours I think that would help a ton. Or just don't book the groups so close together!

Commented on 04/29/2022

Thank you for your review, RgugoZ4Z1DmtUgdCsONE. We will pass along your feedback to our team at Avery Ranch Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Decent Round

2nd time playing in very Windy Conditions. I was a single and was paired with a couple and one other gentlemen.

The only difficulty came when folks do not understand or know etiquette on the Golf Course. Other than that it was a pleasant round.

Commented on 04/26/2022

Hello, Chipshot12002. Thank you for visiting us at Avery Ranch Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

1st time playing!

I liked it so much, I joined the silver club 2 free rounds and discounted tee times free range foe 125 a mo.

Commented on 04/22/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, jackds54. We're so glad you enjoyed your experience on the course, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Avery Ranch Golf Club thanks you!

Very Good!

I’m pretty sure to recommend my friends to play this course. And I want to play again!!

Commented on 04/21/2022

Hi, Jdyoon. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Avery Ranch Golf Club.

Cedar Park, Texas
Round Rock, Texas
Georgetown, Texas
Hutto, Texas
Pflugerville, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.