View from the 2nd tee at Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club
2045 Reviews (2045)
1616 out of 2045 reviews

White Heron Golf Club (formerly known as Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club) has had many accolades over its history and for good reason. The Ted McAnlis layout is sculptured from lush rolling land and features immaculate playing conditions year round. Water and natural wetlands come into play on 16 of our 18 holes and the resident breeze can significantly change the course from day to day. Yet despite the natural beauty and obvious pedigree of the layout, with four sets of tees the course is still enjoyable for golfers of all levels.

White Heron Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Greens Champions Turf
Architect Ted McAnlis

Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2020 #1)

2045 Reviews (2045)

I would recommend anyone looking for a super round of golf to give the White Heron a go, great course and the staff were so friendly, I’ll be back next year

Golf now failure

For the second day in a row GolfNow did not advise I was not getting what I paid for. The course had only 9 holes open No where was there an alert at time of payment. Proshop at course said there was an alert in place NOT!
on my booking. 5 stars to to course management or bringing the place back from the dead. My issue is with Golfnow

White Heron

Great track. Easily accessible off of I4 on 27. Near theme parks. Challenging layout with water in play. New owners have done, and continue doing, a great job improving the course and facilities. A must play on your rotation.

A lot to love

You can tell they are putting a lot into this course. I played this course at the tail end of a Florida monsoon. We haven’t gotten that much rain all year. I’m sure it was much needed but made the cart path only aggravating. However that’s absolutely no fault of the management. It was absolutely sopping out there and makes total sense. Couldn’t cart the fairways if you wanted to it was so bad. I can see that on a dry day the course would be really great. Layout is a little strange around the 11th hole. I really love how many times I was able to go driver. Carts were honestly some of the most comfortable I’ve ever been in. Staff was super friendly. PSA. I lost my divot tool/ball marker somewhere on the course. It’s a Miami Beach Golf Club ball marker that magnetically attaches to the divot tool. The tool is black and the marker is white. If you’ve found it please let the clubhouse know, it’s very sentimental to me. It was the last course me and my father did before he passed away.

Commented on 11/19/2023

We really appreciate the feedback from our Players and yes we finally received some well needed rain. I went back out on the course to look again for your Divot tool. plus searched all the carts, but nothing yet.
We will keep asking players from that day.

This Course has good Greens

Played here after the heavy rain when quite a few courses in the area were closed. Carts were allowed on paths only. The greens were in great condition. The courses was very wet in places but was to be expected after 4 inches of rain the night before. Played a couple of days later and nearly back to normal. Great value

Nice challenging course

This is my first time playing at Heron golf course, it is beautifully maintained and challenging with many bunkers and water. The staff provided great service. They even sent us out with a very cool player Kevin that lives on the Heron organization. It is a great course for all skill levels with a nice greens and fairways. I would recommend to anyone that's not played it before. Will definitely play again.

Commented on 11/19/2023

Thank you for your comments and can't wait to see you again. Our goal is to see that everyone has a great time and enjoys their round.
Thanks, WHGC

New Owners and Staff have really brought an old gem back!

Used to love this course back when it was called King's Ridge, unfortunately It really started going downhill over the last several years, We still tried playing it a few more times but the last experience was so horrible from the staff being so rude and the course conditions being so poor that we said we'd never come back! While looking on golf now I discovered that it is now called White Heronand under new ownership/ management and thought let's give it a shot...couldn't be happier! The course is back to its old playing days and the staff are wonderful from the cart attendants alll the way to the pro shop and the bar/ grill staff. I would Most definitely recommend golfers that used to love it back in the old days to come back and play it again and of course to anyone that hasn't yet experienced such a great layout. In the area. Those that know will tell you that this track is as beautiful as it is challenging. Great for the big hitters from the back tees in addition to risk reward options.... fantastic course! To all the staff at white Heron. I want to say thank you for bringing the great memories back.... a real gem!

Commented on 11/19/2023

We're glad you came back and we are glad we could bring back found memories of the course. We are continually working every day to make this a Championship Golf course once again.

Way Overpriced

No wonder the pace of play was exceptional, no one was on the course - $65 a round was waaaay to much for the volume of sand on the greens in the areas that weren't under repair and poorly maintained traps. The check-in person didn't seem like he wanted to be there - you could find more cheer in a graveyard.
The starting ranger was nice.

Fantastic

The course is challenging but in excellent condition.

Commented on 11/19/2023

Thank you for playing White Heron, hope to see you soon
WHGC

Surprisingly Nice

I had not played here for a while.. The greens were in great shape. Fairways had seasonable brownout but were very playable. I have always liked the challenging but fair layout. Overall, I thought the course represented a good value.

Commented on 11/19/2023

Thank you for playing White Heron we're constantly striving to improve our conditions and atmosphere.
WHGC

Worth playing

Third time playing the course and it’s getting better every time. Great staff and having a PGA pro , Brian Davis, as an instructor and assisting th overall operation is a plus Greens are awesome and quick

Not my type of course

Start with the positive - greens rolled nice. Now the negatives - layout is brutal, water everywhere and no idea where to hit the ball. Grass was hard to find. Hardpan everywhere. Course was ugly and never again will we play ot.

Davenport, Florida
Haines City, Florida
Davenport, Florida
Haines City, Florida
Winter Haven, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Hilton Vacation Club Mystic Dunes Orlando and 2 rounds of golf at Mystic Dunes Golf Club.