Style Desert/Links

For golfers who want real desert, making the 80-minute drive from Sin City's high-tech neon to Mesquite's low-tech neon is a road to travel.

For in Mesquite, there's not just old ladies at old-time slots. There's Wolf Creek Golf Club, an exceeding tough golf course where you might just run into a real-life road runner. This course features true desert canyons and all the wildlife that scampers across them.

The second tee box is 11 stories up. That's right, 11 stories up. Fantastic vision was encouraged at this Arnold Palmer design with helicopters being used to cart some of the rocks around and build higher holes. The bunkers are filled with crushed granite, providing another unique playing experience.

Wolf Creek was built to put Mesquite golf on the map. It succeeded.

Wolf Creek At Paradise Canyon

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No jeans/denim, t-shirts or tank tops allowed.

Snacks, Restaurant

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 21

Spectacular golf course

Parcours de golf exceptionnel.
Layout spectacular

Pace of Play

It comes down to the drive up to Mesquite and the pace-of-play. 3 hour round trip drive from Las Vegas plus a 5-hour + round of golf. Saw the Course Marshall once on the back 9. At times, there were 4 Groups on a hole.

disappointing

I last played here 4 years ago. My recollection of that experience was that the course was spectacular. WOW HAS THAT CHANGED!!! More than half the holes are under renovation. The greens are torn up, the grounds crew is in the way on at least half of the holes. The carts don’t have GPS.
Over all for the green fees charged this was a real disappointment. Stay home and play your local course for less than half the money, with GPS in the carts, and without having to dodge construction on half the holes. I really feel I should ask for a redo - very disappointing

Very cool track

This golf course is wild, in a good way. Lot's of elevation changes, blind shots, hitting over mountains, into canyons. It pretty much has it all. Fairways were in good shape and so were the greens, considering it is the middle of summer. Its definifely a challenge so I was pretty stoked to start out with 7 straight pars. Unfortunately the sky was smoky due to a fire, so we didn't get to experience it in all of it's glory. Would definitely love to play it again, especially around dusk.

Awesome Staff

Course was in great shape. It was 117 outside, but the staff really did the most they could possibly do to make sure we had a great time out there (even delivering us water at many of the tee boxes). Great value and great conditions. I’ll be back next year.

Great holes

Wow ! What a great golf course. I would say 12 of the 18 holes would be the signature hole on any other course. This was a treat. Get an early tee time to beat the heat. Staff super friendly. Pace of 4:45 a little slow but understood at this course.

Amazing views! Put this one on your bucket list!

The course had really amazing views! I feel like that in general was worth the price of admission. Staff was friendly and helpful. My tee time was at 12:40pm and I finished right around 4pm. So just over 3 hours for me on a Wednesday afternoon. I played as a single and had group of two gentlemen let me play through starting the back 9. That was the only group I encountered the entire course. From my beginner perspective, the course was intermediate to hard. Racked up a pretty high score but the views softened the blow haha. A lot of really awesome elevated tee boxes. A few tee boxes were closed due to maintenance but they look like they are growing in nicely. Hopefully I will get the chance to play here again!

Poor conditions to a great course

Took my Father out to play Wolf Creek, his first time my third. Upon arrival, no one at bad drop eventhough 3 orange shirt staffers were in the area. Golf shop staff (3 behind the counter) barely acknowledged my father or I. Went back to find a cart, had to retrieve our own bags and place them in front of a cart and asked one staff member which one we should take, he tracked down a cart and we loaded them ourself. Once we headed to the first tee the starter had 5 players for our 1210 tee time, after much deliberation asked if my dad and I would like the to follow the threesome, I politely declined and told him we were next. Playing conditions as follows:

TEE BOXES- UNEXCEPTABLE ONLY 2 OUT OF 5 WERE AVAILABLE ON MAJORITY OF HOLES BECAUSE THE OTHER TEE BOXES WERE IN REPAIR
FAIRWAYS-GOOD TO EXCELLENT, SOME FAIRWAYS WERE PRETTY DRY
BUNKERS-GOOD TO EXCELLENT BUT STILL NO RAKES
GREENS-OKAY STILL EVIDENCE OF PUNCH MARKS ON MANY GREENS
VIEWS-THE BEST
PACE OF PLACE-5.5 HRS AND NO MARSHALL

We paid $75, for the shape it's worth $40 max and for the views $100. I wont be back for those conditions, Conastoga, Falcon Ridge and Oasis courses are in much better shape and better prices and staff

They will lie to you about the condition of the course

When we booked our tee time we were told the course was in great shape but in fact greens and fairways had just been punched and sanded. A complete waste of time and money.

Wolf Creek a must play!

Some of the tee boxes need some attention. This is a must play course that will test your golf skills. Will have lots of memories from this course. Views are awesome.

Wolf Creek is a beautiful course atop a mountain!

Wolf Creek is a beautiful course that is a bit of a challenge, but very playable and very scenic! It is too hilly to walk it, so golf carts are required. Our particular day was a Sunday at 12 noon and pace of play was horrible! We completed a 5 1/2 hour round and it was incredibly slow.

The fee is quite expensive, but well worth it to play it at least once, but I'm confident you will want to return to play more rounds.

Disappointed. Novelty course, not a serious high end course.

I was really looking forward to playing this course along with another highly rated course in Hurricane, Utah on a recent golf trip. I left pretty underwhelmed from this course.

Pros:
Friendly staff and scenic.

The staff was very friendly from start to finish. Beautiful views from almost every tee box.

Cons:
Tee boxes-worn out, some were uneven, and several were closed.
Fairways/rough-crabgrass everywhere including in or near the fringe of the greens. Looked terrible and took away using a putter from just off the green on a few occasions.
Greens-A little brown but still rolled fairly well. Overall not too bad though.
Sand traps-Rocks in many of them and no rakes were available. We did not play out of them because we didn’t want to tear up our clubs.

There were maintenance crews on several holes doing repairs with equipment.

The kicker-we were charged full price. Any supposedly high end golf course that charges full price for these poor conditions should be embarrassed. If a course is going to charge a high end rate then they need to be able to deliver.

This course will just be the hard course we played in the desert that one time. I wouldn’t recommend it at or near it’s current rate. If it was around $100-$125 it would be cool to play for the challenge but not a high end course.

Commented on 05/07/2021

I am delighted to share your positive comments on our fine staff, the beauty of our world class course and the challenge. I regret that you feel that the same staff should be embarrassed about the course conditions. A few fallacies I would like to address/clarify. We have isolated areas of Clumpy Rye grass not Crabgrass. We have over 90 tee boxes to choose from we select tee grounds based on amount of play and type of play. If we know we have an older group we try to keep the tee boxes closer to the cart path. This helps walking and pace of play. The greens are 100% pure T1 bent and are the best putting surfaces around. I won’t address the bunkers tear up our clubs comment. We have purposefully removed all rakes due to COVID restrictions. So you are permitted to smooth and place ball in bunker if you are worried about a rock. We are all proud of Wolf Creek and certainly not embarrassed. We realize that some will try to justify the simple fact that they didn’t feel it was worth what they paid. We do our best to live up to the expectations of a course recognized worldwide thank you for giving us a try.

Windy day and fast greens

Overall I do love this course just for the sheer amazement of views and where it is.
Today was a bit tougher with the winds though.
The greens were pretty fast and along with the wind made for a high score.
We played as a twosome and the pace was fine.
We finished around 4hrs so that was nice.
You can tell on a lot of courses these days that covid has brought more play back to the game and golf carts just ware out the grass.
All in all it’s a great course

Beautiful course, unfriendly front desk staff

We used Golf Pass to play, played at 2:40 pm. Upon arrival, the two guys at the front desk were not very friendly. The attitude toward us was that since we paid so little to play the course we couldn't possibly expect to get all 18 holes in. They basically made us feel like cheapskates. We were then told to hurry up and shop if we wanted anything because they would be closed before we got back. The course was packed, I was told by the starter there were over 200 people out on the course at that time. We waited from 5 to 7 minutes on every hole. On hole 17 (a par 5) there were 4 groups waiting at the tee box. That's when we decided to give up. There was plenty of daylight left for us to be able to finish, if we hadn't run into the 4 groups waiting on that par 5. Overall the course is quite beautiful and very challenging. However because of the slow play and the very poor reception we got from the staff, I would not go play it again. I would recommend the course itself to a friend, but I wouldn't want them to be treated the way I was treated at check in.

Commented on 04/23/2021

Tamra,
We are pleased you came out to play Wolf Creek and enjoyed the scenery and the challenge of our world renowned course. I sincerely apologize that you felt we weren’t as hospitable as we should have been in the golf shop. I can assure you that was not their intention at all. We all feel bad if someone leaves with a negative impression of us. Typically we inform the twilight groups that they may not finish, since on many occasions those that play twilight expect too. I also apologize for the misunderstanding with the starter. It was a busy day but we only have 82 carts making it impossible to have 200 guests on the course at one time. He meant to say we had 200 guests booked that particular day which is of course a busy day. Wolf Creek because of all the elevation changes, curvy cart paths and difficulty will normally take 5 hours to play even those first off in the morning may take that long. Teeing off at 2:40 your group made real good time because sunset on the day you played was at 7:30. If you were on 17 tee box you would have played in a touch over 5 hours. Thank you again for your kind remarks on the course and I can assure you if you visit again the golf professionals at registration will be much more friendly and welcoming.

Littlefield, Arizona
Beaver Dam, Arizona
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The ARIA Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Angel Park Golf Club (Mountain Course) & Coyote Springs Golf Club.
SEDONA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Enchantment Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Sedona Golf Resort & Seven Canyons (Troon Privé).
SEDONA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock and 2 rounds of golf at Oakcreek Country Club & Sedona Golf Resort.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Boulders Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Troon North Golf Club Pinnacle Course, The Boulders South Course and North Course.