Coyote Willows Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting.
Architect Andy Staples

Carts Yes - included in green fee

California Advisor

Not well known, but a fun course

Walked the Blues (5672/67.4/118) in slightly less than 3.5H early morning. Overcast, calm and in the 60's made for a pleasant round.

Nine hole par 35 layout that is flat, mostly forgiving and fun. $32 for the first 9 was too much, $10 for the replay, so $42 to walk 18 was still a little steep. Some tight par 4's with water barely off the green and two scorable par 5's early in the 9 keep things interesting as you make you way through a nice, new home community. Fun, very different par 3's. From hole 1 to 2 and then from hole 2 to 3 is each about a 1/4 mile walk, so parts of the course are very spread out.

This is your typical small town course that could be found in Anywhere, USA. Two different groups of friendly people let me play through. Made my reservation with Mary, very friendly and helpful. As I drove into the lot, there was a little lady that had just gotten the carts and range nets area set up for the day. Told myself she looks like the way I pictured the nice lady on the phone as she waved @ me. Sure enough, Mary was also the pro shop lady.

Tees pretty good overall, decent turf and good coverage.

Fairways were okay. One was dormant Bermuda that had been painted green, most looked like they had been over seeded. Some patchy areas.

Rough was mostly dormant Bermuda, very playable with good coverage.

Few sand traps, the ones I saw looked decent and were maintained.

Greens a real mixed bag. Decent overall. A couple were thin and had some bare spots, but most very lush. They were firm, putted medium speed and held irons well.

Saw a cart gal out my 2nd time around. small, no frills pro shop, Warmup net with range balls and a putting green beside the pro shop, If I lived in the area, I would come here and play on a regular basis. Fun course and very nice people. Recommended.

Great fun

So first time on this course was paired up with a great couple of guys even got a few pointers and help with my swing. I will definitely be back and the price was great. Great experience. Thank you.

Great Value

This course is such a great find. It's wonderful to find affordable golf during this busy season. Also the staff at Coyote Willows is fabulous and very friendly and helpful. Great day on a wonderful course! Thanks :-)

Worth the drive

75 miles to get to the course and though it is only 9 holes (played twice) it was most enjoyable, great shape!!!

Happy Canadians

Coyote Willows is a great 9 hole course that offers a bit of a challenge and is very reasonably priced for a nice course. We booked two back to back rounds and were very pleased with our golf day. Being Canadians cost is an issue as you need to add another 34% to the price so this course allowed us to play a few rounds. We've booked another round on Golf Now for next week as had a great day on the course!

Homespun fun

I love this local course! We played 3 weeks ago and some holes were a little rough. Course is shaping up, especially #4. Great weather and I played with 2 delightful seniors who didn’t dilly dally. Great round. I love that you can replay for 10 bucks. Greens are fantastic! The price is right and so is the yardage. I am not a super long hitter so these holes are just the right distance for me! If only I could putt!

Rough but good value!

I like Coyote Willows. It sits close to the Virgin River so hole no. 4 is quite damaged due to flooding. The greens are in fantastic condition. The length of the course is perfect for me . My husband (long hitter) enjoys playing from back tees. The staff is so welcoming and friendly. Re-round is only another 10 bucks. We had a fun day but with a cheaper course you have to be prepared for folks that are slow and have no etiquette knowledge which was definitely our experience today. We love the affordability of this course if you just want to get out to fresh air and sunshine without breaking the bank. I paid 56$ for both of us and that includes a very nice cart. So happy we didn’t have to fork out big bucks. The weather was perfect and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We will be back!

Course in poor condition, but price was good, staff friendly except one guy who was clueless.

Great opening round for getting ready for the trip or season.

We had very much fun and enjoyed the moderate challenge of this course. The course and shop persons were very friendly and provided our proper start time and advice on the holes that needed a bit more attention. 9 hole course that is flat, well cared for, offers challenging holes and appears easier than it plays.
I recommend this course for price, challenge and relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely make this our opening round, when we come to the sun in the spring and fall. Thanks folks!!

Had fun in Mesquite.

Was about 46 degrees to start. But warmed to about 55 on the second 9. Had a fun day, even had a birdy on 18..

Tight course

Stopped on the way through decided on a quick 9. This course was awesome small tight fairways in pretty good shape. A little rainy but instead of cancelling they let us start 45 min early thanks for that. A very fun course and priced right will definitely come back

A pleasant surprise

As a first time to play here it was a nice experience. A 9 hole course that you play twice. The layout is between houses with a couple of funky holes, but fun to play. The staff is very friendly. I was surprised on how well the greens rolled as the are faster then they look. They also rolled true. A nice place to play, reasonably priced and I will play again

Poor Poor Conditioned Course

As a resident home owner at Coyote Willows and someone who rarely plays this course, this recent round of golf explains why.
The fairway conditions are deplorable with huge portions of the fairways consisting of nothing more than dirt.
Greens were brown and coarse with pin placements two feet away from the edge of the greens.
Water hazards (ponds) were either empty of water or severely drained to very low levels that further make the course visually unappealing.
The water sprinklers were constantly watering on every hole, including the tee boxes and made mud bogs of the dirt fairways, where there was grass on the fairways, you had to hit your ball out of a swamp.
This course is obviously struggling with severe maintenance issues.
Coyote Willows used to be a nice little 9-hole course to play on occasion.
The course now looks and plays terrible.
I hope the current owners can find a way to get the course into more playable shape.

Commented on 10/14/2019

The reason for the poor fairway conditions and frequent watering is that we had just over seeded the course. Right now the course is looking great and the golfer's compliments are many. We are truly sorry for your bad experience and would like to Comp you a round on us. We are confident that you will see a huge improvement as the winter grasses are really taking hold.

New Hours

The new hours for Coyote Willows since turning back the clocks are 7am-3 pm. A nine hole course at nine hold price.

Coyote Willows Golf Course under New Ownership

Coyote Willows is a 9-hole, 35 par public golf course, located at 426 Hagen’s Alley with the entrance at 880 West Hafen Lane, Mesquite, Nevada and recently purchased by CW Investment Group, LLC, Mesquite, Nevada. Big changes have taken place as the course takes on its new shape.

Even though, Coyote Willows is a small course, it is big on challenging holes for the seasoned golfer, but enticing to those who are learning and wish to play 9 holes at a 9-hole price of $25. Go another 9 holes for $10. The course has many ponds and roughs that make it uniquely stimulating with challenging tee boxes for the seasoned golfer and less stressful tee boxes for those learning and wish to play a more leisurely game. Pick your poison, depending on how your swing is that day. Do you feel lucky?
Coyote Willows also offers walking rates and youth rates. It is family friendly, and a great place to get those younger ones started. To avoid cart breakdown and dead batteries on the course, Coyote Willows has also purchased gas carts for more reliability.

Littlefield, Arizona
Beaver Dam, Arizona
LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
SEDONA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Enchantment Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Sedona Golf Resort & Seven Canyons (Troon Privé).
SEDONA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock and 2 rounds of golf at Oakcreek Country Club & Sedona Golf Resort.
PHOENIX/SCOTTSDALE | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Boulders Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Troon North Golf Club Pinnacle Course, The Boulders South Course and North Course.
THE PALM BEACHES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Seagate Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Seagate Country Club.