Type Public/Resort

Golf Season Year Round

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No

Bar, Snacks

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Nevada (2020 #8)

First time playing in Mesquite. Would play again.

Very attractive course. Must have cost a fortune to build.
Very playable, but there is trouble lurking. Greens were nice and rolled with a good speed. Be careful in your cart there are extreme pitches which could be dangerous.
Just a heads up.

Falcon Ridge

Place is great, a rare treat of a golf course design that has function following form, heck of a challenge. Good conditions on turf, bit windy but no control or fertilizer for that. Marisa & Needie were running the shop counter, phones & mic’s like pros. Outside staff helpful & prompt!
One of the waitresses doesn’t deserve to pour hot lead at a rifle range but not allowing it to damper my day at Falcon Ridge.
Well done everyone!

pretty course

value for your money!!! beautiful layout, and greens are perfect, just the typical that people don't fix their divots. But is very nice!

Idaho Advisor

An absolute steal in Mesquite...

Full disclosure, I’m about to give a fairly glowing review to a course that was dried out and even had piles of clipped dead grass in the middle of some fairways. There are a couple reasons for this... 1. I care more about the bones than the exact condition on any given day, and, 2. Relative cost/quality of the course compared to others in the area.

My snap evaluation of Falcon Ridge was that it was an absolute steal for $30 (with a cart). The reality of golf is that a flat mediocre course is a good value at $30 with a cart… Falcon is not a flat mediocre course by any stretch.

This course has tremendous variety, hole to hole, and some captivating views, many of which would be truly fantastic if the course had been in better shape (read: less dry). Probably my least favorite thing about the course was the number of blind shots you are faced with off the tee. I’ve never been bashful about a blind tee shot, but for me this course has too many.

There are a couple holes on the back nine that could very well be on Falcon Ridge’s more famous neighbor… Wolf Creek. These holes can be exhilarating to say the least. The 12th, for example, features a nearly 140 foot drop from the tee box to a fairway that can be as easy or daunting as you want it to be based on club choice. I was aggressive and barely cleared the pond leading to a pitching wedge into the par 5 green (and a birdie). Just 10 yards shorter though and I would have been very lucky to get away with a 6.

The tenth hole looks intimidating from the tee box, but keep in mind the water carry really isn’t that far (especially with the elevation drop). For my money it’s one of the easier driving holes on the course, just keep your head about you!

Friendly advice with regard to one of those blind shots, on 11 you can reach the green with your drive if you cut the corner (go over the knoll)... there is also an enormous glass window facing the green from the opposite side that is completely reachable as well… I hit 3h off the tee and wound up in their (rather small) back yard. *Very* glad I didn’t hit driver.

I played the white tees, I would not do that again, the course was just a bit too short to be as challenging as I would want. Having said that, I think Falcon does a decent job of protecting itself, even from the white tees with angles and somewhat narrow fairways. The rough is very playable, so it takes a little work to get a truly bad lie unless you really mishit a ball.

I expected a 4 ½ to 5 hour round, playing a hilly course in mesquite and was pleasantly surprised to finish in less than 3 ½ and that was with a 15 minutes wait for staff to bring us a new cart when ours went belly up. We never had to wait after the third hole (where the cart exchange tok place) and were able to make our way around at exactly the pace we wanted to. I have no idea how normal this is… but for this friday afternoon round, the pace was terrific.

The service at Falcon was outstanding in the clubhouse, bag drop, and even out on the course. While the course was, as I mentioned, a bit dry the bunkers were still in very good shape and shots played as you hit them. The greens were fast and dry, but still rolled smoothly and true (in fact I rolled in a 40+ foot putt for a finishing birdie on 18). Downhill putts were tough though because of the speed… be sure to stay below the hole… at least if things are dry.

As mentioned above, I found Falcon Ridge to be an absolute steal of a deal as well as a fun challenging course regardless of cost. I would absolutely incorporate it into any trip I made to the area. There are better courses around, but you are going to spend 5 or 6 times as much to play them.

This Course is a Must Play!

My husband and I are from Henderson and wanted to check out one of the Mesquite courses. We had already played Wolf Creek and were thinking of playing it again when I spotted this little gem with a 5-star rating. We thought what could go wrong with this rating and half the price of WC? We were not disappointed! This was a beautiful course, in fantastic shape. It was a very hot day (108) but I was able to get my lowest score ever! The front nine were nice but the back was brutal. Absolutely incredible views from many of the holes. I think this may be my new favorite course!

First timers..... Beware

I can’t express the title enough. If you don’t know where to hit, it’s gonna be tough. That is in no way a knock on the course. The conditions, especially for 105°+ were perfect. Only saw one green with any damage due to the heat. While it’s not the longest course, you will find yourself with plenty of long shots. Tee off early, as the wind will wreck havoc on your score. The wife and I got paired up with a father son duo who have played here numerous times. That helped tremendously. I 100% will be back again now that I know the layout.

What a great Course. The layout is outstanding and the course was in nice shape. Would definitely play it again if I am in the area.

Amazing course

We absolutely loved this challenging beauty. We were paired with another twosome and had a wonderful time. First timers but we will be back

Falcon Ridge

Stunning views, very well maintained, challenging and fun, as well as a great friendly staff!

Philly Advisor

bad back nine

Absolutely hated the back nine with four very questionable holes in a row (to put it nicely). Maybe those weren't the worst holes I've ever played in 40 years but they surely don't belong on a resort course for starters. The course conditions were fine, the pace of play...it's a fine line. A foursome in front of our two groups had the entire course open in front of them but they had us stacked up behind them. They were on acceptable pace by course standards but in the afternoon when sunlight was tight, we finished as the sun was going down when we could have easily been done a minimum of half hour sooner. On course staff was no help. Offered opportunity to skip a hole as opposed to letting us play through.

4.1911764706