Bear's Best Atlanta

Year Built 2002
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2002) David Heatwole (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Dinner 20
Entertaining Clients 45

Great Staff and Course

Ian (General Manager) and his team do a great job to make everyone feel welcome while experiencing a great course to play golf. From the bar staff to the folks in the pro shop, very friendly and helpful. Appreciate all these folks do to create an enjoyable atmosphere.

Commented on 01/12/2021

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We're thrilled that Ian and the rest of our staff made such a great impression on you. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Has a great time at BearsBestATL. Excellent staff both inside and outside. Only issue was the numerous ball marks on every green. Will be back again

Commented on 01/07/2021

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Really happy with the course!

I play golf all over Atlanta and have pretty much seen them all. However, Bear’s is one that has been on my radar for years but just never got around to playing it for one reason or another. This was first time playing it and I was very pleased with the layout and overall condition of the course, and actually kind of bummed I’m just now seeing it for the first time. There was a frost delay of an hour, but the shop called and communicated that to me, so not a big deal. Pace of play was a bit slow, but the weather was perfect so kind of expected. I will be back

Commented on 01/26/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bear's Best Atlanta. We're so glad that you enjoyed your first time playing our course and we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Pace of play

The pace of play was horrible. Tee time was 11:40 and didn’t get a chance to tee off until 12:10. Took 3 hours to play 7 holes. It was brutal. I was so disappointed after spending that much money

Commented on 01/08/2021

Thoroughly enjoyed this golf experience

This is a bucket list course, if you ask me. What a great idea to build a course with 18 holes of some of Jack Nicklaus' favorite designs. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The only reason I didn't rate the course 5 Stars is because it doesn't seem many golfers are willing to repair their pitch marks.

Commented on 12/11/2020

Wonderful experience

Love this place! It’s in great shape and is quite scenic in the fall

Commented on 11/19/2020

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 11/05/2020

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 11/03/2020

I loved the layout of the course. The pace was slow as there were a foursome in front of a single player who was ahead of us. We ended up waiting on about 7 holes and they would not let us play through. However, it was great overall. One thing that I didn’t understand was that several holes were cart path only which didn’t make any sense since the course was completely dried. Yes, I would like to come back and plY again in next couple of weeks when the leaves change its colors.

Commented on 10/08/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 10/06/2020

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

So NIIIICE!

Love a good challenge on a great course. Bear's best is in excellent shape! If you are looking for a great course and awesome facility, look no further than Bear's best. Pace of play was sweet.. Not to fast; not too slow... goldilocks all around! Kudos to the superintendent and grounds crew... we had plenty of rain over the last two days and the greens and fairways were dry and lush.
You'll enjoy it!

Commented on 10/01/2020

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Great Time

2nd time at the course, my first experience was cut very short due to thunderstorms ( staff provided a rain check)... Course is in great shape and was an overall great experience and worth the price! Will play again very soon!

Commented on 09/25/2020

Wonderful! Thank you for your kind words. We're glad that you made it back out and that you were able to enjoy the rest of our course. We hope to see you again very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Nice course but Pace of Play was terrible

Pace of play needs improvement. It took us 4 hrs plus and we still couldn't play the last 4 holes. I suggest the group on 1st Tee should be off the green before letting any other group begin the play.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Worth Playing

Have a 14 index and have played Bear's Best many times. I always keep it in my ATL rotation. Per the slope ratings, it is difficult but not unfair for 10-15 index golfers. As one might expect, the novelty from 20 yrs+ has worn a little, and the course is a little worn around the edges, but tee boxes, fairways and greens remain nice. Main beef is that for $90/round the bunkers are in miserable shape (keeping in mind that we've had 55 inches of rain in 9 months.) You may want to just agree with your buddies to drop outside every bunker as GUR, or at least rake under the ball before attempting any bunker shot. (Greenside bunker on 18 in particular has a hidden layer of rocks under a thin veneer of sand. Predictable result: skulled shot + damaged wedge. It will never happen, but it would be a welcome addition if management simply filled all the many bunkers on this course with the "black slag/blank sand' used on the 4th hole which drains well.) I will go back of course, but will take care to rake every bunker before attempting any bunker shot.

Great course !

I really liked the various hole layouts. Had a nice look/feel to them.
Course was in good condition.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Nice course great shape

The course is in great shape overall, greens are fast, rough is tough and they are growing it up; and course is playing nice. They do seem to have a problem on two of the greens where a mower or spreader has cause killed the grass on some greens. I am sure they will be fixing it as the other greens were great. Course plays very fair with interesting holes. Can score really well just keep it in the fairway.
Will definitely be back!!! Staff is friendly and welcoming

Commented on 09/14/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bear's Best Atlanta. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Not what it used to be

For the prices they charge you'd think you'd get better conditions than a local muni. Patchy tee boxes and inconsistent greens; quite a few greens with dirt patches and ball marks everywhere. This used to be one of the nicer courses in the area; not so much anymore. Some dude said he didn't mind paying $90+ here - I want what he's on. Also $10 for 45 range balls, probably the best deal out there. Haven't played here with smooth greens in over a year.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Thank you for your review! We're sorry that the conditions of our course didn't match your expectations. We are confident in the quality of the golf course and conditions, so we hope that you will come back and give us another try.

Thoughts

The course conditions weren’t at the level I was expecting. This course has been the most recommended course to me since moving to the area a year ago, and as I played I was wondering why. It’s an average course with average course conditions. That’s all.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 09/08/2020