Bear's Best Atlanta

Year Built 2002
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2002) David Heatwole (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Dinner 20
Entertaining Clients 45

1st time

I'm sure the greens and tee boxes are generally in better shape. I understand the greens were recently aerated but there were still a lot of ball marks that weren't fixed on them.

A few tee boxes were not in great shape but the rest of the course was in excellent shape except the bunkers. I understand they were washed out recently so It gave me an excuse to not have to hit out of them, lol

Commented on 09/14/2021

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Fun course

There was 2 nights of severe weather before we played ,so the course was a little wet. We were given a discount because the first hole was closed due to flooding from a near by construction site. The rest of the course was very nice with just a few wet spots. We had a nice 3 1/2 hour round. The pace of play was great. We will definitely play this course again.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Best course in Gwinnett.

The course was recommended to me by my brother. I finally got the chance to play on Labor Day. Right from the he beginning I knew my experience was going to be great, the clubhouse attendant treated me like I was the only one on the course he was so professional and the course Marshall was just as great, now on to the course, it was amazing very well maintained. The greens were firm and fast. This course is close to perfect! No matter what your skill level, it’s a challenging course. If you get a chance to play Bears Best please do, I would love to hear your opinion.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/07/2021

Great Course for enjoying golf

Bears Best has excellent drainage although it was CPO yesterday. The fairways were dry and the greens were pristine although they were probably aerated a week earlier. Enjoyed the hospitality and the course.

Commented on 09/03/2021

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 08/17/2021

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 08/05/2021

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 08/05/2021

Commented on 08/02/2021

Thanks for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

End of summer golf outing

Annal end of summer golf outing for my son and I. The staff interaction was awesome. The fairways and tee boxes were in great condition. The greens need attention from the course and the players ( PLAYERS Must repair ball marks). The pace of play for the first nine was great. We came upon three groups that were teeing off at the wrong color tees.Just because you are playing at a Nicholas’ course doesn’t allow you to tee off from those tees or the tips if you can’t get it past the women’s tees.

Commented on 09/09/2021

A good rule of thumb to determine if you are playing at the teebox that will give you the most enjoyment is if you are using a short iron or wedge for your approach shot, then you might consider moving back a tee.

If you are using a long iron or the longest mid-iron then you might consider moving up a tee.

Commented on 07/30/2021

Bears Best

Nice course very well maintained really no 19 th hole to just snack bar.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Wet detracted from value. oh well.. its still golf.

First time playing this course. Not worth the regular advertised price point when wet. I get it, its a nice course, but was way too wet after all the rain; you'd think a course advertised like this would dry better; but mushy fairways takes 20 yards off drives and creates muck when approaching a green. The pace of play was way too slow; with an instructor in front of us giving lessons we caught them on the 3rd hole and it dragged for 9 more until they finally! let us play thru. The bunkers were also in poor shape; many had standing water and such. I'd certainly play this course again under better conditions; as the greens were good. Hard not to find wet courses this time of year.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our conditions didn't meet your expectations and that the pace of play was slow. We were impacted by heavy rains, so we're sorry that the course was still mushy during your round. We would love the chance to speak with you more about the pace of play. Please reach out to our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at ian.grimwade@clubcorp.com. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Commented on 07/20/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bear's Best Atlanta. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Pretty good condition. Greens rolling well-could be faster.

Commented on 07/12/2021

Commented on 07/12/2021

Commented on 07/08/2021

Excellent course!!

Course was in perfect condition, would highly recommend this place. Only downside was the cart person only showed once on the back 9.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Sugar Hill, Georgia
Cumming, Georgia
Alpharetta, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.