Formerly known as SailHo Golf Course.

The Loma Club (formerly Sail Ho GC)

Year Built 1920
Architect Cary Bickler

Carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover

Fitness

9-Hole Rounds 6
Near the Airport 7

Fun course

Fun little course if you’re looking to play a quick short round. It’s also a really great course for beginners. The staff is really great and patio area is great for kids to play around.

Small and Pricey course

A little pricey for what you get compared to other small courses around the area! I’m a senior and still don’t get a break! I don’t recommend it for the money!

Commented on 11/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Loma Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

It is a par 3 course

As far as a fun hour and a half it doesn’t get any better. Most of the holes are around 70 yards and the greens are in good condition. There was rock ‘n’ roll playing on the patio in the bar when we finished. The bar has six different IPAs in draft. I rest my case.

Not well maintained

Greens are very poor with many ball marks. 1 putts would be a miracle. $16 is a bit steep for only 9 holes on a poorly maintained course. If you can play for $8 with a hot deal it might almost be a decent deal.

Commented on 08/19/2021

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Loma Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Beginner Course

Went with my son and had a wonderful day at the Loma Club.

Fair Start but Uncomfortable Ending

Being a fairly passionate golfer, I decided to fly my clubs out while visiting my family in Ocean Beach. I ended up going this morning to Loma Golf Club, so one of my relative’s neighbors could golf with me and enjoy it since she has never played. We began with a shaky start because the Tee Off app claimed I asked for 18 holes and followed with it saying I did not pay for two to play. We stayed honest with the person helping us and said we only paid for 9 holes and I showed him the receipt so he understood that I wasn’t pulling a fast one on him, which he was very nice and appreciative about.

We ended up behind a bunch of junior golfers who were playing with an instructor and it was fun to watch them play while waiting for our shots. The course was short enough for the other person in my group to enjoy which was my main concern. Game play was slow enough where I was able to meet the people behind me and talk shop about what clubs they play while waiting, so at this point we are enjoying ourselves. We screwed up and played hole 9 on accident instead of 7 because I thought that was the routing for the course; this was my mistake but we were fortunate enough that it leaked us perfectly in line with the junior golfers in front of us and the people playing behind us came by shortly after.

While we were waiting to play hole 8, one of the employees came up to us and said we were skipping through holes, slowing down game play, and making the people behind us and in front of us slow down and cutting people off. We tried to be apologetic and say we didn’t know the routing and tried to stay with the junior’s in front of us, but the employee didn’t really give us a chance to explain and even asked us if we had a score card (one wasn’t presented to us which lead to us struggling to figure out the whole scheduling thing to begin with). It really made the person I was golfing with uncomfortable being called out like that in front of people. I eventually went to the guys playing behind us to explain what the employee said and he said he didn’t even notice and that we didn’t slow them down so we shouldn’t worry about it. Unfortunately, the person I was golfing with was already too shook up to the point that she lost interest in playing and we just skipped the last two holes out of losing interest.

Being an avid golfer in Wisconsin, I have been fortunate to play top courses such as Sentry World, all three courses in Sand Valley, Kohler’s Irish Course, and even run a golf outing to raise money for the residential facility I work for. This was single handedly the most uncomfortable I felt while golfing because the person I was playing with lost all interest in playing — resulting in us leaving quite disappointed. I am totally understanding of keeping the pace of play, especially being a member of The Buck Club’s “slow players will be asked to leave the property” membership, but the biggest thing for me is keeping the interest in the game for people new to the sport.

Unfortunately after that situation, I believe we lost a potential player due to the way the situation was handled.

Commented on 07/15/2021

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing The Loma Club.

Should have been better

The layout is entertaining enough, but overall pretty ragged. Tees were mostly dirt. Fairways had little grass. Greens had numerous flaws and divots.
9 holes ran $16, but worth only $10 or less.
Course needs water and better maintenance.

Commented on 05/28/2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

1st Day at Loma

Perfect for beginners like us! Wonderfully friendly staff and the course was in tip top shape

Always a great time

Always have a great time here, and once again Loma Club doesn’t disappoint. The greens were punched but that’s understandable this time of year. Otherwise it was another perfect day!

Coronado, California
San Diego, California
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at La Quinta Resort & Club and 4 rounds of golf at Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament Courses at PGA WEST, and Indian Wells Celebrity Course and Players Courses.