A view from Heron Creek Golf and Country Club.

Heron Creek Golf and Country Club

Year Built 2003
Architect Arthur Hills (1999) Arthur Hills (2003)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "Heron Creek Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire, Collared or mock shirts required, no jeans and etiquette required at all times

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Spa, Sauna, Locker Rooms

Fitness, Tennis

Heron Creek

Course was in good condition. Played Marsh/Creek. Sand traps were in bad condition, if there was enough sand in some traps it was watered down so bad the sand was hard. Hope #1 on the marsh course had a broken sprinkler head in the middle of the fairway……but overall I enjoyed playing the course. Fairways were in good condition and the greens were in good shape.

One of the best golf courses around!

The conditions were prefect. Pace was play was very good, Greens are one of the best, not to slow, not to fast. The staff was excellent. I had to leave after 9 holes, and the management gave me a 9 hole rain check. 3 nines here. All good. .

One of the best

Course was in good shape other than when you got on the greens you felt like you were in the center of RED TIDE…what a stinch!

Commented on 10/22/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course.

Beautiful course.

Beautiful and challenging course.
Love the undulated greens

Commented on 10/22/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 10/12/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 10/12/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course!

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course!

Great Experience

This course does customer service really well. Everything, from pulling up to the course security gate to walking into the club house, was ready which made checking in a great experience. Great driving range and an excellent track in very good shape. Would definitely play here again.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course.

It's been better!

Fairway grass was very thin in a lot of areas. I was surprised that there were a lot of wet areas also since it doesn't seem like we have had a lot of rain recently. Tee boxes were so-so and the greens had a lot of crab grass/ weeds starting. Probably being a little bit critical because I didn't play as well as I had hoped to?

Great and beautiful

Loved it , on vacation from Ohio, first course I picked and was not disappointed

Commented on 10/04/2021

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course. We hope to see you again soon!

toooo wet!!

It was tooo wet, the course and the bunkers were not playable.
actually the course should be closed at this conditions.

Commented on 10/04/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us, with the recent rain we had the course was bit more wet than we would've liked for it to be. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused during your round, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Golf after a lot of rain

Cart path only and first time playing for us but what a great layout. Can’t wait to play it when not drys out

Poor Management Decisions

I have played here 3 times in the last 3 months and given 4 or 5 stars but was truly disappointed today. They had 7 inches of rain in the last 3-4 days and the course should have been closed until it dried out. Despite Cary path only the course was completely wet. As I walked in the fairway I was sinking 2-3 inches trying not to make huge footprints that would ruin the course. Wound out only playing about 9 holes . Poor decision by management to keep it open.

Commented on 10/04/2021

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course.

Commented on 09/13/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Heron Creek Golf and Country Club - Oaks/Marsh Course!

Great Course - Egregious, Abusive, Stalking Starter

Course great, amenities are non existent really unless you’re a member (don’t worry the members will make CERTAIN you know you are on THEIR COURSE!) I (and the other 3 in my group) will all be writing personal letters to the course pro and the board recommending with EXTREME detail the level at how absolutely nasty, cruel, rude and belligerently expletives vocal about our 10 minute late start (MIND YOU HARDLY ANYONE WAS ONE ANY OF THE 3 COURSES) due to an individual with a continence issue and please keep in mind we finished 10 minutes early of the required 1.5 hour play time. I will be direct, if there was not 2 ladies and a 7 year old ride along child this may have gotten VERY ugly. I told the pro shop at the turn to keep this stalking starter away from my group of customers (new folks to the course from Ft Myers) to show them a nice course. To sum it up I wil NEVER EVER EVER play this course again. The starters and absolutely deer in the headlight young men in the pro shop had not even an apology. WITH MY EVERY BEGGING WORD UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED AND SPOKEN TO LIKE TRASH I suggest you take your hard earned money ANYWHERE BUT HERON CREEK. WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC AND EMBARRASSING OUTING TO TAKE MY BEST CUSTOMERS.

IF ANYONE wants to know more please message me as I am absolutely not letting this psycho get away with this at all.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Venice, Florida
Port Charlotte, Florida
NAPLES, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples and 2 rounds of golf at Tiburón Golf Club - Gold Course and Black Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.