Lost Key Golf Club is conveniently situated equidistant from the historic downtown area of Pensacola and the pristine white sand beaches of Orange Beach and the Gulf Shores. The Arnold Palmer-designed layout was Florida's first golf course to be certified as an Audubon International Silver Signature Sanctuary. It underwent a major renovation in 2006 that included the addition of 2,200 native trees, 13,000 wetland plantings, and the resurfacing of the tees, greens, fairways, and rough. The golf course now presents a formidable test for even the most seasoned golfers. The greens are large and undulating and the flat fairways are lined with trees. There are also doglegs fairways on six holes and sand bunkers on several others. Lost Key Golf Club's signature hole is the par-3 13th hole, which requires a tee shot over water to a partial island green that rolls across dramatic elevation changes.

Lost Key Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Sea Dwarf Paspalum
Architect Arnold Palmer (2006) Ed Seay

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Clubhouse, Lounge, Locker Rooms

Such a fun and strategic course!

I was impressed with the staff of Lost Key! Dave was awesome and so fun to talk to! I’d definitely come back! Looking forward to the few course repairs to be fixed! It was honestly fun to play! Shot under 100 for the first time of my life!

Poor Player Management, Sorry

Had 7:06 tee time. I was a single. Starter, instead of putting me with first twosome (MEMBERS) or twosome behind me (MEMBERS), put me as a single between them. I'm a fast player, so you know how that's going to work.
THEN, on #9, I hit my approach shot to the green (GIR), and when I drove up the GREENSIDE SPRINKLERS TURNED ON. So, I'm stuck with my ball on the green, 5 minutes of sprinkler. Not fun. I deserted my ball and went on to #10. The twosome in front of me was not teeing off. The starter said they would need to wait 10 minutes as they were spraying greens with chemicals, then watering. NOT RIGHT. I confronted the starter about this, he said it is what it is.
I asked the twosome ahead of me if I could play through as a single, they said yes, thank you.
So, I got stuck waiting on spraying/sprinklers ON EVERY HOLE. VERY POOR. Do the chemicals in the evening or at daybreak, NOT PRIME TIME DURING TEE TIMES. I WILL NEVER RETURN.

Commented on 05/18/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Bchenevert21. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club!

Commented on 05/18/2022

jennis1880, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Aeration alert

First time playing course. Awesome course. They had just areated greens this week and that’s why I can’t rate course perfectly!. They did give discount for this though! They should call this course Lost ball key!! If you hit out of fairway, don’t bother looking for ball! It’s gone!!

Commented on 05/18/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, 2uthdr. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Lost Key Golf Club thanks you!

2nd Time

Hahahhahha it was as hard as the first! Beautiful course. Skinny, long, and well manicured. Bring extra balls. Nice staff, soft fairways, smooth greens, and ask the cart girl for a couple transfusions. It will be okay lol. Had a great time :)

Commented on 05/18/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000004373633! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Thank you for reviewing us, u314162711128. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lost Key Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/04/2022

Hi, u314162684448. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lost Key Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Lost key

Tight fairways with awesome greens. Bring plenty of balls

Commented on 04/29/2022

Csmith1331, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 04/22/2022

Riggsda, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 04/22/2022

Hello, RGCC3BE7ACD43A21C373. Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Great course, great people

The person in the clubhouse (is it John maybe?)...what a friendly and efficient guy. He makes you want to come back. Greens were great and fairways were pretty good. This course has a great layout and was in good shape. Highly recommend.

Commented on 04/22/2022

Hello, jillinbham. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Lost Key Golf Club.

Great Couse and Staff

By far, the best part was the guy in the golf shop/tee times. John, I believe? He makes you want play here every chance you get. Greens were great and the course was in a little transition in the fairways, but really no issues. Great experience. Highly recommend.

Commented on 04/14/2022

Great Greens

I play golf all over Florida and outside of your $200+ courses, this place has the the best greens I’ve seen on a public course anywhere in the state. They are in pristine condition. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the fairways and rough. They need some serious TLC. That being said I still found this course enjoyable and would recommend it over the other 4 public courses I have played in the Pensacola area.

Commented on 04/22/2022

Hi, u000006635385. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Lost Key Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Tough course

This is the second spring break we came down to this area of Perdido Key. Love this course! It is a challenge on a normal day with super tight fairways, lots of bunkers and super fast greens! Played two days in a row, and it was windy! 30mph wind gusts makes some holes super challenging. The greens were in great shape, rolled out fast and true!
The staff was great from the guy in the pro shop, starter and beverage lady! Thank you all for a great time. We will be back!

Commented on 04/11/2022

Hello, iamahockeynut19. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Lost Key Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Excellent greens and fairways

We play a lot of different courses when we winter here. I've got to say the greens and fairways are some of the best compared to the other courses.we have played. Course I'd in my top 5 in the area.

Commented on 03/31/2022

We are so happy you enjoyed your round, honeydu! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Lost Key Golf Club.

Not up to standard for the money.

For the price, I expected a much better course. The greens were the highlight. They were healthy and green but not very smooth and were hard. I did not need to repair ball marks when I hit the green with an iron approach.
Fairways were patchy and brown, cart paths were mostly just dirt paths, trim and detail was not very good. Most holes were narrow. The course is not very well taken care of. I paid a $69 twilight discounted rate.

Commented on 03/31/2022

You must be a member of Augusta since your perception compared to everyone else’s about the course conditions is so skewed. Good luck paying anything less than $100 that’s even in the same ball park on the entire Emerald Coast

Commented on 03/31/2022

Hello, BTWebster. Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Best relaxing round ever

We played on a Sunday and felt like we had the course to ourselves. Comfy golf carts. Didn’t lose as many balls as we were warned about. Fairways and greens in excellent condition.

Commented on 03/31/2022

u314162575253, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Challenge on all holes

Best greens I’ve seen I a while. Tricky but not along course.

Commented on 03/30/2022

Hello, Brunette. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Lost Key Golf Club.

Beautiful course

Love playing here. Greens and fairways in great shape.

Commented on 03/30/2022

Thanks so much for the great review, honeydu. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Elberta, Alabama
Orange Beach, Alabama
Foley, Alabama
Foley, Alabama
Gulf Shores, Alabama
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
POINT CLEAR, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 2 rounds of golf at Lakewood Golf Club - Azalea & Dogwood Courses.
MOBILE, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Magnolia Grove Golf Club (Crossings & Falls Courses) and Lakewood Golf Club (Azalea or Dogwood Course).
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club, and Burnt Pine Golf Club.