Lost Key Golf Club is conveniently situated equidistant from the historic downtown area of Pensacola and the pristine white sand beaches of Orange Beach and the Gulf Shores. The Arnold Palmer-designed layout was Florida's first golf course to be certified as an Audubon International Silver Signature Sanctuary. It underwent a major renovation in 2006 that included the addition of 2,200 native trees, 13,000 wetland plantings, and the resurfacing of the tees, greens, fairways, and rough. The golf course now presents a formidable test for even the most seasoned golfers. The greens are large and undulating and the flat fairways are lined with trees. There are also doglegs fairways on six holes and sand bunkers on several others. Lost Key Golf Club's signature hole is the par-3 13th hole, which requires a tee shot over water to a partial island green that rolls across dramatic elevation changes.

Lost Key Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Sea Dwarf Paspalum
Architect Arnold Palmer (2006) Ed Seay

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Clubhouse, Lounge, Locker Rooms

Too concerned about running into snakes & alligators to concentrate on golf.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hi, u000006557360. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Lost Key Golf Club!

My favorite course in the area.

Love this course. So many different ways to play it but demands and accurate tee shot. You can be five yards off in this course off the tee and your dropping a ball! This is beach golf at its finest.

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hello, Bwest90. Thank you for visiting us at Lost Key Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Challenging, to say the least. But, it was fun.

Before even leaving for FL, I was told some of the locals have a nickname for this course: Lost Ball. I'm sad to say I helped the course live up to that name and my playing partner donated a whole lot more balls than I did.

Our biggest issue was our "towards" (accuracy) was off. This course can punish you quite harshly if you're having the same problem. We even lost a few in the rough. We did find a few in the rough to make up for it, though. If you're not terribly accurate, bring additional balls. Then toss another dozen in your bag for good measure.

The course was in very good shape aside from a few minor areas on the tee boxes. The greens rolled just fine. The fairways were in nice shape. The blind tee shot on #4 or 5 really needs an elevated place to look down the fairway for safety. A small platform 18-24" tall would probably do the trick.

If you have a GPS or yardage book, use it often. I had struggles with my laser rangefinder on some holes while trying to figure out what I should hit from the tee. With a few rounds on the course, it may not be a problem but, for me playing my first round there, I cussed a lot. :)

All in all, I'd say it was a challenging course that had some teeth to it. I'd probably play it again once I get to where I'm a bit more accurate off of the tee. Pack your patience and make good use of the water coolers.

I really liked the last 4 holes. On #15 the pin was pretty much up front and I left myself at the way back of the green and almost holed the putt after having to go through the first cut. That was a massive confidence booster. #16, take more club than you think. The wind coming through there seemed to play a lot stronger than I thought it would. #17 is just a good, fun hole. If you're hitting the driver a long way, you can really shorten that one up. I wish I knew the layout of #18. I'd been favoring a draw all day and didn't want to try to turn the corner. I wish I did. This is one place a yardage book or GPS would have been quite useful.

Great course.

Course in bad shape

The course is challenging but that was not a surprise as I've played here many years ago. What surprised me was how poor the shape of the course was in. Didn't look like tee boxes or fairways had been mowed in at least 3-4 days and I know it hadn't rained because we were staying right across the street leading up to the round. Bare spots in fairways on many of holes. Course used to be a good place to play. No where close to worth the $100 green fee.

Bad rental clubs

The rental clubs are absolutely terrible & is the main reason i decided to leave a review. I play this course every year while visiting & it’s gone down hill quite a bit - not. $95 course IMO

Commented on 06/13/2022

Hello, Blake5021287. Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 06/06/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Lost Key Golf Club!

Commented on 06/01/2022

Hi, u314159321052. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lost Key Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/01/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314159502904. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club!

Commented on 06/01/2022

u314162439346, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 05/25/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Lost Key Golf Club!

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hi, u314162749932. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Lost Key Golf Club!

Such a fun and strategic course!

I was impressed with the staff of Lost Key! Dave was awesome and so fun to talk to! I’d definitely come back! Looking forward to the few course repairs to be fixed! It was honestly fun to play! Shot under 100 for the first time of my life!

Commented on 05/23/2022

Hi, burkezach. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Lost Key Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Poor Player Management, Sorry

Had 7:06 tee time. I was a single. Starter, instead of putting me with first twosome (MEMBERS) or twosome behind me (MEMBERS), put me as a single between them. I'm a fast player, so you know how that's going to work.
THEN, on #9, I hit my approach shot to the green (GIR), and when I drove up the GREENSIDE SPRINKLERS TURNED ON. So, I'm stuck with my ball on the green, 5 minutes of sprinkler. Not fun. I deserted my ball and went on to #10. The twosome in front of me was not teeing off. The starter said they would need to wait 10 minutes as they were spraying greens with chemicals, then watering. NOT RIGHT. I confronted the starter about this, he said it is what it is.
I asked the twosome ahead of me if I could play through as a single, they said yes, thank you.
So, I got stuck waiting on spraying/sprinklers ON EVERY HOLE. VERY POOR. Do the chemicals in the evening or at daybreak, NOT PRIME TIME DURING TEE TIMES. I WILL NEVER RETURN.

Commented on 05/21/2022

Thanks for your input and I’m glad to hear you will never have to hold up a member ever again! This is exactly why you have no friends and had to play by yourself!! Good riddance! Lol

Commented on 05/18/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Bchenevert21. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club!

Commented on 05/18/2022

jennis1880, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Aeration alert

First time playing course. Awesome course. They had just areated greens this week and that’s why I can’t rate course perfectly!. They did give discount for this though! They should call this course Lost ball key!! If you hit out of fairway, don’t bother looking for ball! It’s gone!!

Commented on 05/18/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, 2uthdr. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Lost Key Golf Club thanks you!

2nd Time

Hahahhahha it was as hard as the first! Beautiful course. Skinny, long, and well manicured. Bring extra balls. Nice staff, soft fairways, smooth greens, and ask the cart girl for a couple transfusions. It will be okay lol. Had a great time :)

Commented on 05/18/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000004373633! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 05/18/2022

Thank you for reviewing us, u314162711128. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Lost Key Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Elberta, Alabama
Orange Beach, Alabama
Foley, Alabama
Foley, Alabama
Gulf Shores, Alabama
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
POINT CLEAR, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 2 rounds of golf at Lakewood Golf Club - Azalea & Dogwood Courses.
MOBILE, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Magnolia Grove Golf Club (Crossings & Falls Courses) and Lakewood Golf Club (Azalea or Dogwood Course).
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club, and Burnt Pine Golf Club.