Lost Key Golf Club is conveniently situated equidistant from the historic downtown area of Pensacola and the pristine white sand beaches of Orange Beach and the Gulf Shores. The Arnold Palmer-designed layout was Florida's first golf course to be certified as an Audubon International Silver Signature Sanctuary. It underwent a major renovation in 2006 that included the addition of 2,200 native trees, 13,000 wetland plantings, and the resurfacing of the tees, greens, fairways, and rough. The golf course now presents a formidable test for even the most seasoned golfers. The greens are large and undulating and the flat fairways are lined with trees. There are also doglegs fairways on six holes and sand bunkers on several others. Lost Key Golf Club's signature hole is the par-3 13th hole, which requires a tee shot over water to a partial island green that rolls across dramatic elevation changes.

Lost Key Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Greens Sea Dwarf Paspalum
Architect Arnold Palmer (2006) Ed Seay

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Clubhouse, Lounge, Locker Rooms

If I am looking for complaints. It's the fairways

The staff was excellent. Facilities were awesome. Greens were beautiful. Tee boxes were great. My only notch in the bad section was the fairways grass was a bit patchy and weedy at times. But a great experience. Do bring extra balls and plan to retire the big stick at times.

Commented on 09/15/2022

Your feedback is important to us, uK331bcNMp2TCp9phNL4. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 09/09/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u4408634. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Lost Key Golf Club!

Tight Course

The course was in great shape. If your ball was in the fairway it was sitting up nice, If it was in the rough it was hard to see it. Greens were lush and rolled true, however it was hard to read a few of them. Overall course was very good. I do like to hit my driver off the tee and this course is not setup for that. There are a lot of holes you have to play an iron to a distance because of topology. But I definitely got to hit every iron in the bag because of that.

Commented on 09/07/2022

Hi, u314163379940. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 09/13/2022

Hi, Andrew2280999. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Lost Key Golf Club!

Commented on 09/06/2022

Hi, Shaun4757510. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lost Key Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Poor condition

I’ve played this course for 10 years and this is worse condition in that time. Greens look good but roll between a 5&6. Rough looks like a patchwork quilt, grass heavy, thin and none!

Cut the grass and hire a new superintendent! Otherwise, this becomes Perdido Bay II.

Commented on 09/06/2022

Hi, u000005042025! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Lost Key Golf Club!

Target golf

Love the course but you better be able to hit what you are aiming at. Greens are perfect. Fairways are too. A foot off the fairway is lost. Staff is fantastic.

Commented on 08/31/2022

Your feedback is important to us, u000001617213. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Very nice

I got a "Hot Deal" on GolfNow and played for about $40 each. The course was in excellent condition, fairways, greens, tee boxes, everything was in good shape. I typically play in Gulf Shores, but with all the rain, we tried Lost Keys, and was super surprised by how dry it was, it drains very well. I'll be going back more often now. I've played here before, and was not overly impressed with the condition of the course, but it's great now. Best course that's I've played for the money.

Commented on 08/31/2022

Hi, Carrol7181000. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Lost Key Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Hit it Straight!

Fun course, condition was really good when I played and I Eagled the 4th hole. The course is somewhat forgiving but on several holes it’s tight with no margin for error. Played the course several times over the last couple years and I go back as often as I can!

Commented on 08/24/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Bamag. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Lost Key Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 08/22/2022

u685348274, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 08/09/2022

Hi, Hookdoc2. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lost Key Golf Club.

Extremely hard!

Hitting only one foot to right or left of fairway was extremely hard finding your ball!

Commented on 08/09/2022

Hello, eTs8HMuro3ir7Rgxrd2o. Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hi, u314162652869. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Lost Key Golf Club!

Excellent

Excellent golf course. Course conditions like on TOUR…Perfect greens, perfect fairways. Rough was deep 4 to 5 inches. Extremely tough but fun. Would recommend this course

Commented on 08/03/2022

Hello, u000008213923. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Lost Key Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Good course, I’d bring cheap balls

The nickname Lost Ball is very, very fitting. Arnold designed an awesome course here that is relatively playable assuming you hit straight. Sand is incredibly fine and bunkers are deep, fairways and greens are well kept and played nice. Lost plenty of balls. Staff made check in and club rental very easy, everyone working was super kind and respectful. Really enjoyed the experience but definitely would recommend a deal from GolfNow as tee times are somewhat expensive.

Commented on 08/03/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, brozap! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Lost Key Golf Club.

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hi, u314163150072. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lost Key Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

I live on the course and play it whenever I am in town. The course is well maintained and very friendly staff. It is a challenge to play but is very rewarding.

Commented on 07/29/2022

Thank you for your review, CajunTim. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lost Key Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Precision required

This course was in excellent shape. There is trouble everywhere though so make sure you have your distances dialed-in. If you’re spraying even a little bit off the tee, I would hit the range more before playing here… that, or bring a lot of balls. Great challenge.

Commented on 07/27/2022

Hello, jlap7273. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Lost Key Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Elberta, Alabama
4.1981294118
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club and Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).
POINT CLEAR, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection and 2 rounds of golf at Lakewood Golf Club - Azalea & Dogwood Courses.
MOBILE, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Magnolia Grove Golf Club (Crossings & Falls Courses) and Lakewood Golf Club (Azalea or Dogwood Course).
MIRAMAR BEACH, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and 4 rounds of golf at The Links Golf Club, Baytowne Golf Club, Raven Golf Club, and Burnt Pine Golf Club.