Williams Creek Golf Course

Year Built 2003
Architect Tom Fazio (2003)

Carts Yes - Included
Pull-carts No

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Internet Access

Junior Golfers 11

Great round

The course will be great when they are finished making improvements on the tees. I always look forward to playing here. The employees are always helpful and friendly.

Mats?

This is a fun little par 3 course. Several tee boxes require that you hit off of mats. Two temporary tee boxes on the back nine really shortened the length of the holes.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Hi, Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Williams Creek Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Course was not open when I showed up for my tee time

I reserved a tee time online, and had paid for the round in advance. When I arrived at the golf course the clubhouse was locked and empty and the course appeared to be closed.

Commented on 06/14/2021

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience . This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please reach out to our management team at (865) 546-5828, and thank you for choosing Williams Creek Golf Course. We hope to hear from you soon.

I would like to review, I would like to contact you, but this is not a good way.

We arrived to rain. We were given a phone number to Golfnow to cancel, but that said to go to this website. I did not and still do not see a way to do that on this site. We did not play in the rain. We love Williams Creek, but this system is not user friendly.

Even better

I've always enjoyed playing here for short- game practice, but the course has always been a little rough. They are in the process of making major improvements, including new, larger tee boxes, tree and undergrowth clearing , etc.

Great course to hear the birds, enjoy the green woods and a few mountain sightings.

Just Wait.

When Williams Creek was built it was certainly better than many par 3 courses I had seen. The Fazio design was challenging and the greens were large, undulating and well maintained but the surrounding were rough and unforgiving while the tee boxes often almost bare due to heavy play. Right now the course is under MAJOR renovation and is, therefore, inconvenient and possibly frustrating due to trucks and equipment moving around. The experience and enjoyment today WILL NOT COMPARE to what it will be when finished. I don’t know what the budget is for this upgrade but it has to be HUGE! The rough surroundings are being transformed into one of the elite and premier par 3s ANYWHERE!!. Large, flat, first class tee boxes (4 per hole), room to recover from a bad shot, and large, fast, undulating greens. JUST WAIT, the changes will blow your mind. I can’t wait to play the finished product.

Play It A Lot!

This Tom Fazio Par 3 course is one of a kind. When it advertises that it is the best Par 3 course in Tennessee, it is not an overstatement.
The course demonstrates the love of the game by the builder and his knowledge of the job done right.
Knoxville is blessed to have this wonderful facility.

Caution under construction

The entire course was under heavy renovations. Almost ran over by construction equipment. The tee boxes we're all moved up to the 100-yard mark, and you are hitting off the range mats. Way overpriced for a wedge driving range. No reason for me to come back again.

Commented on 05/27/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Williams Creek Golf Course.

Reasonable price and a fun course

Staff was friendly and we never waited at any tee box.Play was relaxed and found a few lost golf balls! We understand the construction at the course and look forward to a great layout in the future.Will play again soon.

Family friendly course

Some of the tee boxes have been re-worked and new sod put down. Course put out hitting mats to play from while sod grows in. Greens were in decent shape as they had been aerated recently. Course is family friendly. Just make sure you don’t walk into the tree line looking for your golf ball as the wood line is covered in poison ivy.

Great course, bad timing.

I love this course. I honestly think it’s top 3 in all of Knoxville! They are making the back nine better for play. It’s going to have an even better layout, however right now it’s not up to par. Recommendation: close the back nine while you work on it & just allow people to play the front 9 twice.

Felt Screwed

When we arrived at the golf course, we noticed there was a TON of construction going on. The course condition was HORRIBLE. There were two holes that were 20 yards long and 30 yards long respectively due to the construction. They just moved the tee box way up to avoid it. Paying full price for not the full experience is not cool. Staff was nice but the course was just in such horrible condition plus the construction with no accommodation or help in pricing which isn’t right in my opinion. Doubtful I’ll ever go back.

Commented on 05/14/2021

Great course, can’t believe how affordable it is, and the upgrades they’re doing this year look excellent.

Great course to practice your short game

Really needed the short game to work on and without a lot of slow play.Everyone played rather quickly so the whole day went at a fast pace.The price is really reasonable for 18 holes so there’s no problem there.Everyone in the clubhouse was friendly and helpful so we came back to play a second time.We will be returning for a other round soon.

Challenging Par 3

This is a very challenging par 3 course. My wife and I really enjoyed the course, which includes some significant hazards, elevation changes, and undulating greens. The course is currently being overhauled and I can't wait to see the end result when it's all done. Hopefully, we will still be able to afford to play it as they are spending lots of $ on improvements.
John G.

Strawberry Plains, Tennessee
Rockford, Tennessee
Seymour, Tennessee
Kodak, Tennessee
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.