The Golf Club at Texas A&M

Year Built 1950
Architect Ralph Plummer Jeffery D. Blume (1989)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirts are required on the premises. Blue jeans must be presentable.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 College Courses in the U.S. (2020 #20)

On a College Campus 15

First time - exceeded expectations

I’ll start with the bad
Driving range was closed
2 solid days of rain meant cart path only (understandable)
Even with the rain, doesn’t drain well
Sand traps left a lot to be desired
Bad behaviors from golfer and lots of ball marks on greens

The good
Carts were quality with gps, very nice seats and in cart music
Greens were challenging to adjust too, and way faster than they looked
Layout was great and challenging (for me at least) and each hole had character
Lack of trees and fairways that ran in parallel meant no list balls for me (just played from wrong fairway (a plus for me)

Having never played before on campus, was glad I had someone that had played there before, with fairways running in parallel I needed help knowing where to go

All in all, course exceeded my expectations from driving by it so many years. It appeared flat and boring…..far far from it. Can’t wait to get back again
Just hope the driving range is open.

Great course layout

Enjoyed playing and will be back again. This was the first time playing since the redesign.

Commented on 11/16/2022

Hello, JBR5732667. Thank you for visiting us at The Golf Club at Texas A&M. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

exceeded expectations

better condition than expected, more interesting layout than expected. bunkers not tended recently due to lots of rain but otherwise fantastic shape and enjoyable.

Commented on 11/16/2022

Your feedback is important to us, mksdoc. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 11/16/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, aggieheels. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Commented on 10/28/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Commented on 11/04/2022

u653321611, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Average course

Had a tee time at 12:10. No carts available, was able to finally tee off at 12:40. Was paired up with three good guys. Pace of play was good, conditions average.

Commented on 10/21/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, Richard1399167. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Will play again

Tee boxes - good shape, but would like to see each of the tees painted a solid color cause you could accidentally tee off from the wrong ones the way they are now. Fairways - good shape. Bunkers - numerous, some were nice and sandy, others haven't seen a rake in a good bit w/sand lacking and a bit of grass growing through, i understand its hard to maintain a lot of bunkers. Greens - average speed; if they were rolled and cut, then better. Staff was friendly. Will play again.

Commented on 10/21/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Armin3292909. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. The Golf Club at Texas A&M thanks you!

Bunkers need sand

My friend could not stop blaming the lack of sand for his bunker play. True- most of the sand found in the perimeter. Greens slowly recovering from being punched last month.

Commented on 10/19/2022

Hello, allergydoc. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule and keeping them in pristine condition. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 10/19/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Aggie golf review

The course was in good shape even though greens had just been aerated there was minimal variance in holding the line and the greens were very quick but did roll true. Book through GolfNow and for the money it was well worth the time spent on the course as well as off in the clubhouse. I would highly recommend this course for anyone from a beginner to the advanced players.

Commented on 10/10/2022

Hello, u653321611. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 09/23/2022

Hi, u314160652636. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Drought effects seen but effect play

You can’t do a thing about the drought. However, at its height, the Golf Course at TAMU was always green. Some greens (#1) are changing due to the drought but the greens still rolled true. And their break is back! You can drive for show but you putt for dough! And even if you miss, it’s fun to roll and see if you’re right. Bunkers need sand in the worst way though.

Commented on 09/15/2022

Thank you for your review, allergydoc. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at The Golf Club at Texas A&M. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Could be great

It’s a nice course and it’s kept up very well. It needs more trees and they definitely. Need to address the driving range unattractiveness but other than that it’s a fun round.

Commented on 08/31/2022

Hello, u314163340516. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at The Golf Club at Texas A&M. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Excellent greens

The greens are in excellent shape. Fairways are in good shape. I am low handicapper and enjoyed the course.

Commented on 08/09/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, markpatton007. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Best greens in the Brazos Valley

With the exception of the bunkers and driving range, the course has survived the Texas drought exceptionally well. This is due solely to the hard work of all the staff and crew. The greens are smooth and roll at stems of about 9.
The bunkers need sand though.

Commented on 08/09/2022

Hi, allergydoc. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Commented on 08/02/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314163185254. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

back down to earth

Rarely play here cause of distance from my home. But while I'm averaging in the 80's on the country course my buddies and I play weekly, thinking I'm ready for a course with fast greens and longer yardage from tee to green, it doesn't take long to realize that I'm not quiet ready. I'll be 62 years old soon and decent off the tee, not very long, can't seem to get second shot where I need it to be. The course is always in very good shape when I've been. Twice in the last year. Still after all of my problems I shot a 92 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Employees are ALWAYS friendly. Only problem, Driving Range was closed both times I've been there!

Commented on 08/03/2022

Thanks so much for the great review, u1654148. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hello, u009020883. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

College Station, Texas
Navasota, Texas
Hearne, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.
EL DORADO, AR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Haywood El Dorado, Tapestry Collection by Hilton and 2 rounds of golf at Mystic Creek Golf Club.