A view from Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech

Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech

Year Built 1999
Architect Ault, Clark & Associates (1999) Pete Dye (2005) Dan Schlegel (1999) Chris Lutzke (2005)

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Collared or mock shirts are required for men. Denim jeans or denim shorts are not allowed. Shorts must be Bermuda length

Commented on 04/30/2022

Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to help us out with a review.. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech.

A hidden gem. Dye through & through.

Right from the start we knew this was a top course. Proshop well run, then over to a solid practice area.

It’s a Dye course, so knowing where to hit it helps, since Dye likes to intimidate visually from the tee. Proshop was out of yardage books, and with no hole pictures on the card, or tee signs, it was difficult to visualise where my target should be. Proshop has ordered new books, and I’d love to play this one again. If books are available, I recommend getting one. No GPS on carts.

Conditions were great. Greens must have been aerated recently, but they are filling in, and rolled well. Tight run off areas around the greens, that Dye seems to love, along with lots of small bunkers. Fairways were pretty much perfect. Bunkers were consistent.

When I’m next in the Roanoke area I plan to play The River again.

Commented on 04/30/2022

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech.

Beautiful scenic course

A true gem. A beautiful scenic course played in very windy conditions, creating an additional challenge. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Greens had been aerated a few weeks back, so somewhat slower. Got off early and my wife and I were able to complete the round in 3 hours and 15 min. I would highly recommend, provides excellent value for the money and I definitely would play again.

Commented on 04/11/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech.

Good condition

It was in good shape, but busy. Took 4.5 hours to play. Everything else was good.

Commented on 03/25/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement, such as pace of play. Thank you for playing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech.

First visit, will be back again

Greeted by Mike at the counter, he took time to tell me about the course and some advice being a first timer there. The greens had been sanded which made for some putting challenges. I understand this has to be done. Other then that, beautiful views along the river and a great day of golf on a nice course. Note: choose your right tee or your second shot could be a long one! Will be back!

Commented on 03/25/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech thanks you!

Beautiful course

Price for round was great. They had been aerating but needed this time of year.

Commented on 03/18/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech!

Commented on 03/18/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech.

Commented on 04/30/2022

Hello and thank you for your review! We're delighted you enjoyed your round, but we strive for a 5-star rating, so we'd love the chance to improve upon this visit. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech!

Commented on 04/11/2022

Your feedback is important to us,. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to building off this visit and seeing you again at the course soon for an improved 5-star experience! Thanks for choosing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech.

Awesome experience once again

Had a great time at the course once again. I had an odd request and the clubhouse was very accommodating. I was a single with only a 2 some in front of me and another 2some in front of them. Paced out well so i finished in about 2hrs and 45 minutes. When ever I am in the area I try to get a round in. Highly recommend this course. Lots of different tee boxes so accommodating for all levels of golfers.

Commented on 01/10/2022

Commented on 12/10/2021

Thanks! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech.

Commented on 11/22/2021

Great experience

Excellent conditioning and maintenance on a the course.
Beautiful scenic New River background. Links style

Commented on 10/22/2021

Commented on 09/30/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech.

Commented on 09/17/2021

Great Course for money

Exceptional value. Course is in good shape, and the greens are solid. Beautiful scenery alongside the New River. The practice facility is decent.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience! Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech thanks you!

Beautiful course on the river

Beautiful course along the New River. Pace of play was a little slow but was that to be expected on a busy football weekend. Would definitely recommend playing while in Blacksburg

Commented on 09/13/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Pearisburg, Virginia
Draper, Virginia
Floyd, Virginia
Peterstown, West Virginia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.