Learn more about becoming a member at
Ferndown Forest Golf Club

Style Woodland

Year Built 1983

Single Allowed Yes

Perfect course to brush up your short game

Really impressed with this short 18 hole course.
Lots of interesting holes and really well thought out. If you want to sharpen up your short game and Iron play it’s just ideal. Fantastic team behind this and great facilities for all to enjoy. Pleasantly surprised!

Pleasant day of golf full of decent people

Got to Forrest course early so hit some balls with auto tee up machine well I'm sold already other than guy behind me singing to Marilyn Manson on his headphones sounded demon person whispering lol back to golf is good test of ya skills tho not as big as many other courses or with much slope index but still enjoyable I usually use a golf cart but could easily walk without being in too much pain only negative for me is barriers for no trolleys and carts which I understand which helps maintain the good course just annoying gettin back in cart on some tight paths to get on without slowing up play and that's coming from me who's impatient who hates waiting on slower players which here there wasn't many and ladies that let us through were lovely and loved to hunt for some balls lol and left some clubs behind which we've all done at some point asked group in front bit wasn't there's and they thanked me for asking which is nice cos most course are full of gents and here there's many they told me there's couple lads in front but they left and as I finished I approached some lads and they were so polite and shocked I found them nice note to finish on my golf wasn't great but better than last time soo I'd like to come back and improve on my score once more and maybe chill at pub and get food which looks great and maybe spend some money pro shop as many pre owned clubs are reasonably priced and they offer reshafting of clubs which I do need which not many places do.

Disappointingly slow

Course layout was as expected and suffering badly from the current weather conditions. This was to be expected so no complaints there. The pace of play was far from acceptable though as the short nature of the course clearly attracts all the beginners and poor golfers from miles around. Whilst I fully accept their entitlement to play, this slow play, together with a lack of any marshalling, means that there is no chance of me returning. The club appears to be thriving so most of the club's player base are probably happy with the way things are.

Excellent

We’ve played the course a couple of years ago and was pretty good then but a lot of work as been done and it’s been greatly improved. Really enjoyed it, great value for your money.

The course is in great condition, short but tight and requires strategy off the tee. The staff could not be more helpful, but sadly it is so very slow to play with queues on almost every hole (it rather takes the shine off an otherwise supurb little course).

Course is good for mid to high handicapps

I found the course a perfect challenge as I’m a social golfer looking to improve my game so it was a fair course to negotiate at my level- +28.

Day ruined by pace of play

As a regular golfer playing 3-5 times a week unfortunately you will always encounter slow play but this was without doubt one of the worst examples I have encountered. Having signed in to England Golf prior to play I stuck with it when walking in was the sensible option. The issue was a womens competition where the back match lost 3 clear holes on the group ahead. We consolidated early becoming a four ball but members ahead kept walking in so we had to change our group 3 times to rejig things. The course layout is in my view dangerous with a hole playing across at right angles over the green before. Numerous holes the next tee is beside or behind the green in play and direction of play is up one hole down the next very close to each other. This affected the pace further waiting for greens or tees to clear and ability levels increased the hazard potential. My good opening 9 was spoilt by the constant waiting and changing of our playing group. I’m sure the member feedback on this day will be interesting with so many walk ins. My day’s experience was totally ruined by this

Good value for beginners

Course is very much for beginners at a total of 4700 yards i found it to be to short for myself . Nice facility but not my style of golf course

Difficulty Extremely Easy

First time.

Pace of play was good, greens were good. We were off mats. For a first timer, hole layout was confusing a few times. Good value. It is short but good fun.

Cpt’s delight.

Haven’t played here for several years although have visited pro shop many times, got fitted for 2 sets of irons here. Was pleasantly surprised at the changes, it’s a short course with 2 par 5’s which are both birdie opportunities. It’s muddy underfoot and the greens are very marked however some of that can be down to wildlife.
It’s good value for money and it’s a sub 3hr round for a 2 ball. The membership prices are excellent and they are very friendly and welcoming.
The range of food is excellent in the adjoining pub/restaurant and the range has Toptracer although the range balls are 2 piece.
Overall an excellent afternoon and we were both pleasantly surprised by the course.

Bog standard

Not for serious golfers.
Greens not very good.
No nice holes

Excellent

Played the course a few times and always enjoyed my time there. Never been a problem.

Wimborne, East Dorset
Verwood, East Dorset
Bournemouth, South East Dorset
Ringwood, New Forest
Broadstone, Poole
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
DUBLIN, IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Green Hotel in Dublin City and 5 rounds of golf at County Louth, The Island, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, and K Club (Palmer North).