North Shore Hotel & Golf Club in Skegness, East Lindsey, England | GolfPass

Style Links/Parkland
North Shore Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1910
Architect James Braid (1910)

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Usually a great course

Pro was very unhelpful ..2 of us were told we were playing with 2others ..although we arrived an hour early we were meant to wait even though no one else arrived to play .. we eventually tee’s off alone and went round in 3 hrs but the course was extremely dry and burnt .. no one’s fault unfortunately very hot weather

Paul Neatby from thorpe park cleethorpes

Excellent test ov golf for any level ov golf greens tremendous very very fast

Weekday Round

Fantastic Value. Course in great condition. Greens plenty quick enough and challenging and icing on the cake was The Hot Deal for £17.00

What a challenging course and beautiful view to the sea

What a challenging course and beautiful view to the sea, well England east coast.
It was indeed a challenging course for first timers, my son , partner and myself… but we certainly enjoyed it. My son for a long time had managed to handle 18holes , that says it all.
Different layout by the sea and close to town made you sweat not to loose your balls. So I played safe on some occasions. Would definitely recommend it.
Friendly ppl at the club house, great food .
Next time I ll see to stay at the hotel

Great round at Notth Shore

Played north shore on 1/6/22 and what a hidden gem - course in Great condition with friendly pro shop welcome and I would highly recommend and play again when visiting the area. Great value for money through golf now playing in the afternoon.

Green keeping staff doing a fantastic job - greens and course in great condition .

A great round for me too 82 +11, so very happy

Getting Better

Third time playing North Shore and every time it has improved.
Only a couple of gripes,
Firstly the greens were a little bumpy and patchy in places, but considering the traffic it’s understandable.
Main gripe was that two four balls jumped in front of us at the tenth. We definitely hadn’t caught them up, and unfortunately the front four were painfully slow. No interest in calling anyone through. Such a shame as it spoiled such a good day.

Massively improved course

Been visiting North Shore for years.
Over roughly the last three years ( since the arrival of the present excellent head greenkeeper) the quality of the course has continuously improved.
Rough ground has been extensively cleared, the course is increasingly well manicured and maintained and the experience of playing it has been significantly upgraded.
Well done!

Lovely challenging course

A course of 2 halves, but not in 2 halves!!!
I expected to play this part links and part parklands course in 2 9 hole sections but the course is actually a mixed bag, 1st couple are parklands then some links and so on and so forth, It made for a very interesting round as the parklands course was very wet under foot while the links as you would expect was in great condition, Tight fairways on the parklands side make it important to be accurate of the tee, The rough on the links side makes this a tough challenge to keep your ball playable, it's certainly not as forgiving as other link courses I've played which isn't always a bad thing,
Called in the Pro shop to buy drinks etc and my playing partner brought a hat but the pro behind the counter didn't say more than 5 or 6 words to use which we found quite rude. Just wasn't interested.
Only other thing we struggled with was the course layout in terms of signage from green to tee box, not the best and we often spent a little time wondering where to go next but then it was our 1st time on the course.

Brilliant Day

This is the 1st time I have played the course in spring conditions. Although a couple of greens were a little rough due to spring works. The course itself was fantastic. It is the 1st time I have played the course in windless conditions. I played preach to my handicap. The last time I played it was windy and I shot 10 over my handicap so the weather does play a massive part in the difficulty of the course. At the end of the day it it is still a great and enjoyable course whether you play to your handicap or 10 over it. Can't wait for my next visit.

Cracking seaside golf

Played January 2022, for time of year and weather we've had course was in great condition, the links parts are a real challenge with the shape of fairways, but a well hit shot generally finds the centre, greens bunkers and fairways were all in good condition, definitely coming back here in the summer, would recommend without hesitation

Brilliant combination

I haven't played this course for 14 years but it was every bit as good as I remembered it. From tempting drivable far 4s to almost unreachable par 4s this course has everything. With the ruggedness of the links holes and the well presented parkland section this course is a great challenge. I played with a friend of mine who hadn't played the course before and he could not big up the course enough. He rated it better than the Seacroft links course which is a couple of miles up the road. We paid £18 each for the round which was an absolute bargain. We will definitely be revisiting again next year. Thanks for a great day north shore.

Friendly and challenging

Really enjoyed it, pace of play was great, me and wife aren't the fastest. Locals were friendly and green keeping staff and club shop are excellent. As a first time player this all helps. Did get a little confused on direction off a couple of tee boxes but again local knowledge helps. Some great views and challenging holes with 4 or 5 a little precarious as they run parallel to a road so slicers for right handers might not fancy the big stick off the tee. All in all well worth the money and had some great shots and few we won't mention.

Wednesday best day to play

Very quiet Had GolfNow reduction at £16 each at 12,52 course virtually empty Great deal

First taste of links golf

This was our first taste of links golf. The weather was great and the course was in fantastic condition. A real tough test with some blind shots and the wind making some holes incredibly long.
Excellent value for money and I would highly recommend this course to anyone visiting Skegness.

A New Course to Play

First time at North Shore GC. A good mix of links and semi-parkland holes. Both nines start and finish at the Clubhouse Hotel. Greens were true and slick, the Pro was welcoming and friendly. Staff in the Clubhouse were similar. Definitely recommend. Given the chance we will return.

North shore golf club

Greens excellent only one fault on course certain holes it's not signed up to get to the next hole properly. Beer in club house extortionate

Very good seaside course

Very good course in a good condition, greens very good condition, some difficult pin positions, well signed layout very friendly staff and facilities

Skegness, East Lindsey
Heacham, King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Boston, Boston
Louth, East Lindsey
4.5620941176
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.