Style Links
Perranporth Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1927
Architect James Braid (1927)

Carts Yes - GBP 25

Bar

A course with views

The golf course was what it was, unfortunately for me far to many blind holes which made it a bit of a lottery where your ball was gonna land. Fairways marked with green lines I think, we wasn’t informed of this. No info on flag positions either although it didn’t really matter, greens were true but very hard. It was v windy to say the least which made it harder. The views were stunning in places. A buggy is a definite YES. Enjoy the views when you play. Pro staff need to give more info for first timers..Barman got our drinks wrong and there were only two of us…

Great Links Course

I have played Perranporth a few times now and always found the pro shop and members friendly. It’s a great course not long but you need to be accurate and there’s a few blind shots. Course is always in great condition when I have played.

The course has fantastic views and a completely different experience than my local courses in North Notts. Would recommend if your in the area.

This is a great course to play. Unfortunately hen we played there was quite a lot of ground works going on and greens had been spiked.
Apart from that, we will be going back in the summer to play as it was a great layout and challenging.

It’s Marmite, and not for me.

I’d heard so many great things about this course, and was very excited to play it, however it was not for me.

From an fairly unfriendly welcome in the pro shop, to an 18th hole that’s a nonsense (Green nowhere near clubhouse, and an actual road to a caravan park across the middle of the fairway literally next to the green) it just wasn’t for me.

Sure, the coastal views are off the scale, but if I want views I’ll walk the cliffs, but I was here for the golf and I just did not enjoy the round. I can’t remember a tee shot or 2nd shot that wasn’t blind. Literally it felt like every shot of the day was over a dune with a marker on, You never see your ball land, and it’s just a treasure hunt in a moonscape of massive dunes trying to work out where it may have gone.

Incredibly hilly with punishing fairways that penalise well hit and accurate tee shots for no reason. I would not return.

Hidden gem.

Made very welcome on arrival at Perranporth golf club. The course is set above the beautiful beach with views over the sea. The set out is fantastic and a real challenge to any handicap. Looking forward to playing there again at some point.

Pearranporth golf club

Very nice course, difficult in parts as it’s a links course & can’t always see the green & aiming at marker posts, can be quite easy to lose balls

Hard Work

We played at Perranporth on a fantastic day weather wise but we all carried our bags and played off the whites and were shattered afterwards. There were some great views but we all agreed that there were way too many ‘blind’ shots, we’ve never see as many marker posts on a golf course before. Links golf is hard but when you don’t know which way your ball has bounced because of the dunes then it’s extra hard. The greens were pretty good and we got round quickly. The one thing we didn’t like was we rang to book a time and were told the last tee time was 14.20, we booked this time on GolfNow yet we then had to let two one balls through and then a two ball on the 18th.
The professional was fantastic, can’t fault him at all. I would play it again but with a buggy, my review might then be a bit different. I wouldn’t put anybody off having a knock there though because the views are great and the greens in the summer would be super quick.

The course is very challenging with a lot of blind shots. The scenery is fantastic and the greens are good. I don't know if the guy in the pro shop was having a bad day but I found him to be pretty sullen. No greeting, no course advice, and no personality!!

Great course, great value, amazing views. Lots of blind holes - recommend buying the course guide

Holiday Round (10 Handicap)

Booked through golf now a couple of weeks before my family holiday, kids and the wife went to the beach while I swung the bats. A cracking course with great views over Perranporth beach. Greens were quick and true. Many blind tee shots but what I would say is trust the chequered markers. Pace of play was ok but I was a one ball behind 3 members that just wouldn’t let me through but that didn’t detract from an enjoyable round of golf. I would definitely recommend and will definitely play again!!!

Great course, very challenging

Fantastic links course with many blind shots. Great to play and staff/members really friendly. Highly recommended

Great golf course

Played for the first time. Many blind shots. Excellent condition true greens .
Enjoyed it so much .
Highly recommended

Perranporth golf course

Great day , good weather & good golf for a change. Golf course was in excellent condition, greens were very fast . Tough walk , but worth it .

Mansfield Boys on Tour

Fantastic Views, very challenging holes especially with 20mph winds, although I imagine this is often the case or windier
Greens true and fast and finishing with down hill putts makes scoring more difficult
Will visit again
8 handicapper

Treliske, Truro
Treleigh, Redruth
Kea, Cornwall
Portreath, Cornwall
Camborne, Cornwall
Mawgon Porth, Mawgan-in-Pydar
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
DUBLIN, IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Green Hotel in Dublin City and 5 rounds of golf at County Louth, The Island, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, and K Club (Palmer North).
SOUTHWEST IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at the Killarney Plaza Hotel in Killarney and Lahinch Coast Hotel in Lahinch and 5 rounds of golf at Tralee, Waterville, Ballybunion, Lahinch, and Old Head.