Style Coastal

Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bermuda
Architect Rusty Simmons

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2019 #22)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2017 #14)

Hidden Gamem

I always enjoy golfing at Sapelo Hammock. Course is in great shape.

Great staff at Clubhouse! Evin is so friendly!
Course is fantastic and the grounds are Wonderful!

Commented on 04/13/2021

mnword, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club.

Greens are coming along

The course is beautiful as it winds through the oak hammocks and the salt marshes. About 80% of the greens were in very good shape with a few on the mend as evidenced by the seedlings coming up. I would expect them to be in excellent condition later in the summer of 2021 and expect to return for another round. The staff seemed a little confused about their reservation system and charged me for our rounds that my buddy paid for on line. I will be calling them tomorrow to get it straitened out.

Commented on 04/13/2021

Hi, u393718208. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club.

Commented on 04/12/2021

Hello, RG3791CDB4994085FC26. Thank you for visiting us at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Hello, byung8546975. Thank you for visiting us at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Green paint

I've been playing this course since it first opened and never had a complaint. That stops here. It is in terrible shape. Every green is damaged and damaged badly. All the green paint in the world can't hide it. We paid $59 for this disaster. Clubhouse staff didn't seem to care when I asked why the conditions are so bad. I hope Sapelo can't get it back in the great shape it had been for many years. Save your money for now.

Commented on 03/30/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good course

Good course. Was fun to play. Has some par 3’s going over the marsh that make it fun. Overall the course was in good condition. A few greens were a little rough. It’s a good course for the money if you willing to drive a little bit to play it. I shoot in the mid 80’s but the variety of distances from tee box’s will make it fun for any level golfer !

Commented on 03/29/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, trawick89. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to seeing you on the course again soon. Sapelo Hammock Golf Club thanks you!

Unfortunately not positive

This is the 4th year we have played a round at Sapelo Hammock. Unfortunately this year we were very disappointed. The layout is good. The staff is very friendly. However the course is not in good condition. Very little grass in the fairways making for consistently tight lies. And the greens are terrible. Painting does not make a green better. The bugs are also terrible. We will probably not be back and would certainly not recommend. Sorry to give such a negative review but....

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hi, Bob. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Excellent Course

Greens are Fantastic! Elvin and the staff at check in and Lunch Service are so friendly and helpful! I highly recommend this course!

Commented on 03/31/2021

Commented on 03/23/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, doug12951! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Bugs were a bit intense on a couple holes but kept moving and had a great day

Commented on 03/19/2021

Hello, u314160774547. Thank you for visiting us at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We appreciate your 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hidden treasure

Hidden treasure this course is a hidden treasure stuck in the backwoods of Georgia about 10 miles from Darien Georgia 15 from Saint Simons Georgia. It’s an hour from me and I live in Bluffton South Carolina is well worth the drive definitely recommend this course

Commented on 03/17/2021

jerdog26, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club.

Commented on 03/16/2021

Commented on 03/11/2021

Hello, tomhirst. Thank you for visiting us at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/10/2021

Thank you for reviewing us! We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great early season

Wonderful condition being the beginning of March. We only played 9 holes because of our time issues. Course in good condition and fun to play. I’ve played there before off and on over 10 years, and I believe it’s the best it has been

Commented on 03/10/2021

u267274793, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club.

Georgia Coast Secret

I was very surprised to pull in the parking lot at 8:00am and be the first car in the parking lot. I said what am I missing?? Well, nothing! Very nice layout, good condition and very scenic golf course. Highly recommend this golf course to enjoy the Georgia coast with several views of the marsh.

Commented on 03/15/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, chiponpoint. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Commented on 03/10/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, rdcozy! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Commented on 03/10/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Rke6327953! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia